Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

ATTN TigOLDBiTTies...This isn't funny...Did I get scammed by him..

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoever it was I am sure you will find out soon enuff
Old May 13, 2012, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I doubt someone at the post office would take the time to send you a box of cd's.... If it was a postal worker, they would just take the package and you would never get it, then its just reported lost. And you said its not insured? Well thats just dumb on your part, NEVER send a package uninsured.

I think your gonna be out $450 on this one
Old May 13, 2012, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
I doubt someone at the post office would take the time to send you a box of cd's.... If it was a postal worker, they would just take the package and you would never get it, then its just reported lost. And you said its not insured? Well thats just dumb on your part, NEVER send a package uninsured.

I think your gonna be out $450 on this one

He sent the package uninsured. I'm just trying to clean up this mess as the buyer
Old May 14, 2012, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

I understand that, but always tell them to send the packages insured.it will save headaches

Id like to see what the outcome of this is and whos at fault
Old May 14, 2012, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Here was my last message to him. This can only end up either with bad feedback and a PayPal claim or with us settling and him getting money and I get money back. I'm being generous as we are both losing on the deal

Last message to him:

Went to the post office on base this morning. I even took a day off work to try and resolve this. Even with all the evidence going against the post office. All they can tell me is sorry. In Jacksonville the package probably came open when it was processed on a conveyer belt or was damaged. My post office believes they either are trying to hide the fact that the package was damaged or they put it in the wrong box when a few packages probably came open.

You can call my post office at 850-882-3253. Brandy is the postmaster. She will let you know anything if you drop my name. Joshua Day

She will give you all the info about the case. Unfortunately you didn't insure it for a few extra dollars and now its just between you and I.

What do you want to do? I'm all for getting just half back. I'm sorry this happened and would never screw anyone over.

Last edited by korizmo; May 14, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old May 14, 2012, 04:06 PM

I bought something from tigoldbitties 2 weeks ago and got it a couple days later with no issue.
Old May 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

It's just weird that the package sat for so long at Jacksonville.

Why did it depart Jacksonville, then show back up there?
Old May 14, 2012, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

I'd like to say this..

I live in canada, and i've had packages that are coming over from the US come into canada, then back to states, the back to canada. I'm still unsure why, and if needed i might be able to pull up an OLD tracking number (doubt that'll work thou, dont think they keep that on record for long).

As far as if this is a scam, its really hard to say.

1. If this is a scam, its very well planned and either the buyer sent out two items at the same time to have cover from the 2nd buyer.

2. Either the Buyer is trying to pull a scam since there isn't any evidence of what was ACTUALLY in the box when it arrived.

All the buyer can do is contact your cc company and try to get your money back.

But leason be learned... ALWAYS GET INSURANCE, cause it just might well be that you're gonna be out 450$ cause no insurance.

I honestly HIGHLY doubt anyone from the post office would take what was in the box and replace it with cd's.

Q's:

Do the people at the post office know what was in the box?
If not, then they wouldn't open it (IMO)

Who's idea was it to send the package UNinsured? Or was this ever discussed?

Did the OTHER buyer that had something shipped the same TIME have their package INSURED? And if so, who decided on that? The buyer? or the Seller?

If they were to steal they box, would they replace it with cd's?? Highly doubt that.

Hope this helps... somehow ;o

And im not blaming anyone, i dont know either of you, just trying to help things get resolved.

dave
Old May 14, 2012, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

I have went over my options with PayPal since I payed with the PayPal supplied credit card. According to PayPal I have a strong case for a refund. Just giving the seller some time to decide.

I just want everyone to know that shipping is to blame.

Also, I just assumed he would insure so I didn't ask.
Old May 14, 2012, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by korizmo
I have went over my options with PayPal since I payed with the PayPal supplied credit card. According to PayPal I have a strong case for a refund. Just giving the seller some time to decide.

I just want everyone to know that shipping is to blame.

Also, I just assumed he would insure so I didn't ask.
So your package wasn't insured, and that was decided by the seller. What about the other guy's package, was that insured? And if so, by whom was that decided... the seller or buyer?

Anyway, best of luck.
Old May 15, 2012, 09:55 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
what probably happened is somehow some labels got switched and Amazon Trade-In just got half a turbo and WG and this guy got a box of CD's

I've had it happen. One time UPS reprinted a torn label of mine and delivered the package...to my house

Another time, I got a re-boxed UPS package with my name and all that on it, but inside was another box with some other dude's name on it and a packing slip from a clothing company in New York

Ya never know, I'd put more money on a FedEx label screw up than anything else.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Well so far Since Saturday, May 12th 2012. TigOldBitties has ceased communication with me. I sent the message on saturday that I posted a few posts up. He has logged in, so i'm not sure what he's doing.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I would have just called my CC company and gotten my money back, then used the CD's for target practice
Old May 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Well he just wrote me back. So we will see.

I'm even going to the police station to file a affidavite to proved my innocence if he thinks i'm scamming him

I used a paypal credit card provided by paypal. So paypal is working with me. They are the CC card company

Last edited by korizmo; May 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Damn, I hope this works out for the best man. Good luck

Quick Reply: ATTN TigOLDBiTTies...This isn't funny...Did I get scammed by him..