Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

ATTN TigOLDBiTTies...This isn't funny...Did I get scammed by him..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by korizmo
I would give all the ammunition he needs, but he seems to not care. I have not clue what he is doing all on his end. He doesn't respond in here except to call me a scammer. It seems he is in denial, since this is the first time it has happened to him.
He's not in denial, he's not scamming, but like you said, he probably just doesn't care. He got his money. He sent the turbo. End of story for him. He probably knows this is going to play out in his favor in the end, since he didn't scam you. Which is why he's not posting here.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

As a buyer I would have recorded a request for insurance. As a seller it is always a good idea to request a signature confirmation. It is hard to argue something that was signed for. What is to say someone didnt switch out the remains while it was sitting behind your screen door?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I believe that several of you have misinterpreted my exchange with Korizmo. My primary goal was to point out where things he said were lowering his credibility. I would not leap to the conclusion that someone who was overstating his or her case was automatically the "scammer" (as it is statistical or circumstantial at best); please don't infer that this is what I was doing. Note, also, how I corrected the idea that the seller's responsibility ended at the post office at his end. I was helping the buyer by pointing out that it is the seller's problem until the item arrives at the buyer.

One of the things that I've seen people do (in many situations) is hurt themselves by overstating things and/or using technical, legal terms that they don't really understand. In some cases, they had a slam-dunk in their favor and then screwed it up by talking too much. This is, to be blunt, rather close to such a case. Regardless of the number of times people have posted that a buyer should insist on insurance, blah, blah, blah, it is the responsibility of the seller to get the item to the buyer; again: insurance is for the seller's protection, not the buyer's. Assuming that what he was saying at the time is true, what Korizmo did at the beginning of all this was exactly correct: tell the seller that the box did not contain what it was supposed to contain and inform his or her CC company. At that point, it is in the seller's court and should have been left there. Poking around might have seemed helpful and/or the right thing to do, but it wasn't. Posting all this stuff about having affidavits that prove his innocence was just silly and came across - to me, at least - as protesting too much. If you didn't get what you paid for, then you tell the seller and your CC and then sit back and wait. Yeah, that can be hard, but that's what you do.

If nothing else, this has given me a much better appreciation for the complaints from my lawyer friends about clients who won't STFU. I used to think that they were just being their typical, pompous-a$$ selves (yes, my friends are similar to me), but now I can see their point.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Got ya Iowa999

I'm just really defensive. I know I made the thread and my skin should be thicker. I'm probably the most easy guy to get along with. It just sucks that I can't prove anything. I did all that was possible on my end to help my side/situation. That is all...I need to stay out of this thread until something new comes up.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 01:50 AM
Evolving Member

Just to let everyone who cares know. I accepted a partial refund in the amount of 150.00. Yeah its not 450.00, but I'm the better person here and I feel relieved to be getting something back. Lesson learned when buying from someone to get insurance if its an expensive item. I haven't gotten the money yet but I accepted the PayPal dispute offer.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
I believe that several of you have misinterpreted my exchange with Korizmo. My primary goal was to point out where things he said were lowering his credibility. I would not leap to the conclusion that someone who was overstating his or her case was automatically the "scammer" (as it is statistical or circumstantial at best); please don't infer that this is what I was doing. Note, also, how I corrected the idea that the seller's responsibility ended at the post office at his end. I was helping the buyer by pointing out that it is the seller's problem until the item arrives at the buyer.

One of the things that I've seen people do (in many situations) is hurt themselves by overstating things and/or using technical, legal terms that they don't really understand. In some cases, they had a slam-dunk in their favor and then screwed it up by talking too much. This is, to be blunt, rather close to such a case. Regardless of the number of times people have posted that a buyer should insist on insurance, blah, blah, blah, it is the responsibility of the seller to get the item to the buyer; again: insurance is for the seller's protection, not the buyer's. Assuming that what he was saying at the time is true, what Korizmo did at the beginning of all this was exactly correct: tell the seller that the box did not contain what it was supposed to contain and inform his or her CC company. At that point, it is in the seller's court and should have been left there. Poking around might have seemed helpful and/or the right thing to do, but it wasn't. Posting all this stuff about having affidavits that prove his innocence was just silly and came across - to me, at least - as protesting too much. If you didn't get what you paid for, then you tell the seller and your CC and then sit back and wait. Yeah, that can be hard, but that's what you do.

If nothing else, this has given me a much better appreciation for the complaints from my lawyer friends about clients who won't STFU. I used to think that they were just being their typical, pompous-a$$ selves (yes, my friends are similar to me), but now I can see their point.

i dont like to argue over the internet, i am glad that at least someone believes that i am an honest person. Why would i risk my reputation that is 100% positive on here over $450? i probably have spend over $2000 buying/selling parts on this forum since i got my car in August last year. i intend to keep my car for the next 10 years and i plan on staying on here and buying and selling parts, and giving back the knowledge that i have learned from this forum. While we will never know if korizmo was a scammer or not, i still offered $150 to him even when it wasnt required. if he is an honest guy that got screwed by usps i really do feel bad and i WILL NEVER SHIP ANYTHING WITHOUT INSURANCE AGAIN! I am still not sure what he is but i hope that we can bury this and move on.

i also hope that people learn from this and take detailed pictures of the product they are selling in the box, picture of the opened box on scale to prove weight, with the shipping label, and a picture of the receipt. you never know who your dealing with out there.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TigOLDBiTTies
i dont like to argue over the internet, i am glad that at least someone believes that i am an honest person. Why would i risk my reputation that is 100% positive on here over $450? i probably have spend over $2000 buying/selling parts on this forum since i got my car in August last year. i intend to keep my car for the next 10 years and i plan on staying on here and buying and selling parts, and giving back the knowledge that i have learned from this forum. While we will never know if korizmo was a scammer or not, i still offered $150 to him even when it wasnt required. if he is an honest guy that got screwed by usps i really do feel bad and i WILL NEVER SHIP ANYTHING WITHOUT INSURANCE AGAIN! I am still not sure what he is but i hope that we can bury this and move on.

i also hope that people learn from this and take detailed pictures of the product they are selling in the box, picture of the opened box on scale to prove weight, with the shipping label, and a picture of the receipt. you never know who your dealing with out there.
No one will ever say they are a scammer, buyer or seller.

This has been one shady situation through and through.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

I believe both seller and buyer are innocent with that said i agree 100% with 42rev. the buyer should fork out a couple extra bucks for insurance. its called saving your *** and common courtesy at the same time. hopefully they get this figured out to where both leave satisfied and learn a lesson from this
Old Jun 10, 2012, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, but from a legal point-of-view, paying for the insurance is a mistake for a buyer. But I doubt that saying what I've already said several times will make a difference.

I.I.N.A.L., B.I.C.R.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

DISPUTE has been settled. Reminder for everyone to please get insurance on items for the extra 5-6 dollars. I'm still not happy, but I'm sick of dealing with this issue.

Mods can close