Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

More information about Shep and why you should not deal with them

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2012, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
Let me ask you this? If your tech tells you that the job is done and has been working for you since you started your business, and is very very trust worthy would you take his word? And lets look at it from a business aspect. If someone send you something back for warrenty work and you have 100 more trannys and t cases that people are paying top dollar for to have done what one are you gonna do first? The one that isn't makeing you any money or the ones that are paying the bills?
Dude you absolutely wrong!!!
The OP paid last months bills. Warrantee work should be a first priority. Maybe it's people like you that don't know how to run a reputable business!!!! I have my priorities and it's pretty obvious your priorities are 30k GTR transmissions. It looks like all you care about is profit!!!!

Tell me this. If you go to McDonald's and you sit down and realize there's something wrong with your order would you wanna wait on that line again or should you be right and go to the front of the line and make sure you get what you paid for this time?

And don't tell me it's not the same because it is!!!

The OP acted completely wrong, we can all agree on that. But in a sense he was right. If I was Shep I would make sure my customers with warrantee work are kept in the loop at ALL TIMES. I was fortunate enough to see pictures of Shep's shop many years ago so I understand how crazy his shop can be. But most people haven't and with a name and reputation Shep has, anyone who doesn't know would expect a huge warehouse and a 30+ staff.

Many of us on here use our Evo as a DD. I for one can't afford to lose my car for nearly 2 months, I would lose my mind. I also have an easy 6 cars at my disposal when something goes wrong with my car. I have people begging to help me because I am that kind of person that anybody would help.
Old May 19, 2012, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

OP just for info wise. An oil sample is not just to prove you wrong. I'm sure you know but I understand it's tough to think about in your situation. An oil sample also shows what is wrong. They can see metal wear and this also helps them too see what actually was wrong with your tcase.

I hope this helps you and you can try to relax now. Right now your playing the waiting game with the test lab. Shep is 110% right for doing an oil sample on warrantee work
Old May 19, 2012, 08:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginglingston11
Dude you absolutely wrong!!!
The OP paid last months bills. Warrantee work should be a first priority. Maybe it's people like you that don't know how to run a reputable business!!!! I have my priorities and it's pretty obvious your priorities are 30k GTR transmissions. It looks like all you care about is profit!!!!

Tell me this. If you go to McDonald's and you sit down and realize there's something wrong with your order would you wanna wait on that line again or should you be right and go to the front of the line and make sure you get what you paid for this time?

And don't tell me it's not the same because it is!!!
Dude I am not wrong you ask any of the venders here which will take a back seat. Something that has been returned once or twice. I obviously don't run a reputable business being well I'm a carpenter and I will put it in my terms. If I get called back to do something on a job the customer doesn't like "warrenty work" it becomes time and maintence. You honestly think I am gonna bust my *** to hurry and get that job done knowing its that? Hell no I am gonna drag it out for a little while but in a timely mannor to not only do it right and the way they want, but to do it correctly so I don't have to come back a third time. In this case who actually knows what went on with his t case. He sent it in to have it fixed they sent it back done he says it doesn't act right and it whines so he sent it back. Now tell me anyone in their right mind who isn't gonna do any sort of test on the t case to "redo warrenty work" on this via the oil test. Now on you bark about all I care about is 30k gtr trannys, well lets think about it here, I am in business to do what? Make people happy? Umm no, how about to basically hook my buddys up with free ****? Umm no. I am in it to make money. So with this said someone who is gonna send me back a tranny or t case saying that my company didn't do something right your ****in right I'm takeing my time to A) figure out wtf went on with it and if it is my companys fault. b) Make sure this pos don't come back a third time. C) Take every measure this time around to get this thing back to the customer to make sure its fixed.

Now about me going to Mcdonalds and getting my order wrong, I would stand to the side and say hey I got the wrong thing I oreded ____ not ----, not sit there and demand my money back because they ****ed up an order. I wouldnt call my bank saying hey don't pay Mcdonalds the 5 bucks I paid for a meal because my fries are soggy and the double quarter pounder is just a cheese burger. Even if they would have fixed the order and I got a fish sandwich at that point I would take it back and say look I ordered a double quarter pounder and prob throw it at the guy but thats me.

Now as far as this t case insident, I think the op got what he paid for being there isn't much that goes into refreshining up a t case as I said yesterday. So for the fact if it whined before he sent it in and they made sure things were ok and sent it back and it still whines how is that their fault. Let anyone who has taken a t case appart chime on this one that has actual experience on doing this because I am sure he didn't pay for a built t case being that isn't what he said to begin with.

And if you think my logic is ****ed up try this one. Take your car to the dealership and tell them you have something wrong and the warrenty will take care of it. Watch how long you sit. Then once its not fixed take it back a second time and tell them its not right and find out how much longer you sit after that one.

Last edited by CurseDSM; May 19, 2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old May 19, 2012, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to say everyone please relax its not that serious to you but if you were in the same position im sure you guys would be pissed off very pissed off if someone blew you off if you asks questions about your property.

If you are a corporation I would atleast give a courteousy call knowing that these guys are on the job and that we are in good hands assuring that my work on my car would be safe.

If the work was that good providing that things would be done properly perhaps there wouldn't be a high return rate or people trying to scam im not one of those people. They should have a oil sampler atleast there are their facility or a couple of kits and do the inspection there. But a whole week without telling me **** and just keeping me waiting.

I will not appologize im a customer and the customer is always right no matter what im not being a dick about it at all. If I am compensating you for your services and your service is lacking in areas of that department of atleast explaining what the process is or how they will go about it or atleast watch it through their website atleast.
Old May 19, 2012, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Also please everyone keep in mind that when I first spoke ot one of their reps they told me that once people got their transfercases they call the credit card company to get their chargeback I wonder why.
Old May 19, 2012, 09:49 AM
EvoM Guru

http://sheptrans.com/about-us/

look at that. Now I know it looks like its huge but it isn't. The area with the double door garage door opener is bascially where they do all the tranny works. The last few years John added 1500 sq ft just for incomming and out going trannys. Says right on there they have 8 full time employees, last time I was there they had 5 or 6. So now tell me where all this crap that you suggest he "should" have goes?

Honestly if were him, and I got this kinda attitude from you I would send you **** back and tell you go elsewhere and good luck with it next customer.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

http://sheptrans.com/about-us/

look at that. Now I know it looks like its huge but it isn't. The area with the double door garage door opener is bascially where they do all the tranny works. The last few years John added 1500 sq ft just for incomming and out going trannys. Says right on there they have 8 full time employees, last time I was there they had 5 or 6. So now tell me where all this crap that you suggest he "should" have goes?

Honestly if were him, and I got this kinda attitude from you I would send you **** back and tell you go elsewhere and good luck with it next customer.
Honestly the choice is his but he can either pay me my money or deal with the consequences. I could care less about how many people hes got or who's getting what done obviously theres something lacking there and I feel that it's more than likely interactions with the policies aside from the procedures that go on when dealing with yoru property. I expect to atleast know that much if you already paid for it just to have it sent back not a good look.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

There is no reason to not make warrante work first priority, its your reputation for one, and second if its not your fault you get paid to fix it again.
Old May 19, 2012, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

What's the consequences? And for those that modify there daily driven cars and can't afford to have that much down time! Keep it stock then! Welcome to the game baby! You mod it, expect something to brake eventually!
Old May 19, 2012, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Dude I am not wrong you ask any of the venders here which will take a back seat. Something that has been returned once or twice. I obviously don't run a reputable business being well I'm a carpenter and I will put it in my terms. If I get called back to do something on a job the customer doesn't like "warrenty work" it becomes time and maintence. You honestly think I am gonna bust my *** to hurry and get that job done knowing its that? Hell no I am gonna drag it out for a little while but in a timely mannor to not only do it right and the way they want, but to do it correctly so I don't have to come back a third time. In this case who actually knows what went on with his t case. He sent it in to have it fixed they sent it back done he says it doesn't act right and it whines so he sent it back. Now tell me anyone in their right mind who isn't gonna do any sort of test on the t case to "redo warrenty work" on this via the oil test. Now on you bark about all I care about is 30k gtr trannys, well lets think about it here, I am in business to do what? Make people happy? Umm no, how about to basically hook my buddys up with free ****? Umm no. I am in it to make money. So with this said someone who is gonna send me back a tranny or t case saying that my company didn't do something right your ****in right I'm takeing my time to A) figure out wtf went on with it and if it is my companys fault. b) Make sure this pos don't come back a third time. C) Take every measure this time around to get this thing back to the customer to make sure its fixed.

Now about me going to Mcdonalds and getting my order wrong, I would stand to the side and say hey I got the wrong thing I oreded ____ not ----, not sit there and demand my money back because they ****ed up an order. I wouldnt call my bank saying hey don't pay Mcdonalds the 5 bucks I paid for a meal because my fries are soggy and the double quarter pounder is just a cheese burger. Even if they would have fixed the order and I got a fish sandwich at that point I would take it back and say look I ordered a double quarter pounder and prob throw it at the guy but thats me.

Now as far as this t case insident, I think the op got what he paid for being there isn't much that goes into refreshining up a t case as I said yesterday. So for the fact if it whined before he sent it in and they made sure things were ok and sent it back and it still whines how is that their fault. Let anyone who has taken a t case appart chime on this one that has actual experience on doing this because I am sure he didn't pay for a built t case being that isn't what he said to begin with.

And if you think my logic is ****ed up try this one. Take your car to the dealership and tell them you have something wrong and the warrenty will take care of it. Watch how long you sit. Then once its not fixed take it back a second time and tell them its not right and find out how much longer you sit after that one.
Dude your business mentality is so ****ed up. Returns are first priority!!! Do you want people dragging your name in the dirt? And you claim it's so ****in easy to do a tcase then it should be done in a few days. Someone already called you out on it. It's not as easy as you think.

You would honestly rather drag out a job then get it done so you can get back to money jobs?!

With the McDonald's thing. I told you before the OP was wrong for how he reacted. I never said anything about he was right for trying to demand his money back or calling the credit card company. We agreed he was wrong

Back to the tcase if I missed something and it was whining before he sent it in. Then yes we agree he's wrong on that too. OP don't claim the customer is always right because there not. IF the tcase was whining before you sent it then what do you expected to be returned? You think your gonna get a $2500 job and only pay $350?! HA!

As far as the dealership that's exactly why nobody wants to go to the dealership. And I worked at a dealership if not the biggest one of the biggest in NJ. I was in charge of all warrantee, TSBs, returns that came back. So that's why my dealer was one of the best ran. I was doing that bs for 2 years. I had to bust my *** and get that **** out the door so I can get some cash jobs. But what do I know?
Old May 19, 2012, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

As far as the dealership that's exactly why nobody wants to go to the dealership. And I worked at a dealership if not the biggest one of the biggest in NJ. I was in charge of all warrantee, TSBs, returns that came back. So that's why my dealer was one of the best ran. I was doing that bs for 2 years. I had to bust my *** and get that **** out the door so I can get some cash jobs. But what do I know?
People that don't work in the industry don't understand. They will always be the customer. That makes it hard to understand the concept of the annoying customer. Everyone else in front of you wants their drive train parts back too. But they're not on the forums whining. Get it?

I don't agree with the OP's attitude at all. Shep is a busy guy that performs a top notch service. Are there going to be issues, sure. They're human. Rest assured, they will be taken care of in due time.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Dude your business mentality is so ****ed up. Returns are first priority!!! Do you want people dragging your name in the dirt? And you claim it's so ****in easy to do a tcase then it should be done in a few days.

For one my business mantality isn't ****ed up it makes since. And as far as people dragging a reputable shop through the mud really? He got what he paid for.

Someone already called you out on it. It's not as easy as you think.
Uhhh no one called me out on anything it is common since. That and the fact they do 100s of them a week for the people that do them yes it is pretty easy specially if it is what he paid for.

You would honestly rather drag out a job then get it done so you can get back to money jobs?!

When the job was done, done right, sent out and there is a claim that something isn't right after its already been redone and the work was accomplished that HE PAID FOR, yes

With the McDonald's thing. I told you before the OP was wrong for how he reacted. I never said anything about he was right for trying to demand his money back or calling the credit card company. We agreed he was wrong
Agreed I was just giving what in my case what I personally would do not that its important in any way shape or form.

Back to the tcase if I missed something and it was whining before he sent it in. Then yes we agree he's wrong on that too. OP don't claim the customer is always right because there not. IF the tcase was whining before you sent it then what do you expected to be returned? You think your gonna get a $2500 job and only pay $350?! HA!
This is what I have been tring to get across and people want to argue with me about it. Even yourself to this point before you said this now you understand the whole point I have been tring to make.

Then my logic should make since to you about 99% of every dealer in the country except the one you ran and I don't see the point of argueing this point because you know its true.
Old May 19, 2012, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Dont go off-topic with the thread that's only for the people who are just looking away from the real facts. I sent my transfercase in the first time to get rebuilt when it didn't need rebuilding all I wanted to do was maintenance on the car just to be on the safe side.

Now when I get it back did everything completely it whined pay close attention. For those who go totally off-track rest assured when the same thing happens to you im sure you would be pretty upset to especially put on the back-burner until then you dont have any place to talk to be honest.

For those who want to jump on the bandwaggon and say oh your wrong for this and that no I totally stand by my actions that I have taken and I will continue to stick by it. If you dont like it just dont just ignore it. As for the ones who want to know the truth just view the thread.
Old May 20, 2012, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

If it made noise strait away its just a matter of it being shimmed incorrectly, that simple. I believe that they "re shim" all there rebuilds. Also if your ring and pinion was on its way out when you sent it to them, they should most defiantly have let you know and you should not have this problem. However you have stated that you filled it with oil and installed it correctly, they are going to try and verify this.

There is too much hate in this thread, communication is huge. I understand your frustration but it may be over the top.

It would be nice for shep to chime in here so communication can get smoothed out. If warranty work is not a priority that would be enough reason for me to stay away, everyone makes mistakes "not saying that this is the case here because we do not know" but if they don't make that first priority I wont use them.

Last edited by gotpsi?; May 20, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old May 20, 2012, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you done any research into oil sampling at all? Most likely they could care less what oil you were using. They test it for contaminates. If they find bronze, they look into bushings. Steel, its probably bearings. If the diaqueen you are using is from a previously opened container it may have water in it. Chill the hell out, let them do their job. They did you a great service by doing an oil sample. That **** isn't cheap. With as much trash you have been talking about them it makes me think you did something wrong and are trying to pin it on the most reputable tranny shop in the dsm/evolution business.

Moral: Give them time to do the right thing. They may actually learn something about their assembly process and can use it in further builds.

Quick Reply: More information about Shep and why you should not deal with them