Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Dispute with Mileb

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:11 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 82Raw
It's a turbo. Shipping weight is 24lbs and it has to be in a 18x18x18 box. It's gonna cost more than $10 in shipping and a third party other than pay pal isn't welcome by me. Sorry just doesn't work or sound like a good idea. Did you not see where I've been screwed over once already? I tried to resolve this issue as soon as the turbo was delivered to me. Just looking at the blades while it was sitting in the box I could tell it was no good. Then he confirms in an email that its no good and he was gonna use it for a core charge to fp.
Here's what I see so far. You have never posted a single post on this forum aside from this dispute thread. We don't know you, and you have absolutely no standing on this forum. You bought a turbo from another member who also has very little reputation on the forum. You have yet to post any of the "evidence" you claim to have sent to the seller. A forum moderator has offered up a very sensible resolution of using a 3rd party (I was going to offer to do it myself, but wanted to see your reaction first), which you scoffed at twice now, despite the possibility of the seller paying for all of the shipping.

I'm not making assumptions here, that is merely an observation of the situation from an unbiased party. If you want to use our forum and make accusations about another member, you need to post up details and be willing to work things out. This thread is a post or two away from being trashed for lack of evidence or attempt at conflict resolution.

EDIT: Iowa999 beat me to it. Also, shipping is pretty much $10 for me anywhere in the US because I have a major UPS business account.

Last edited by Nsomniac; Sep 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He sent me enough information to accept a return with full refund but because I asked for proof he's gotten so pissed off that he doesnt want to cooperate with none of the correspondence that has taken place. Its pretty much his way or him and paypal reign down down there wrath on me. Ive purchased roughly 9 items on this forum and ive sold 2. One was a local pickup for a jdm bumper and the other was an even trade. While I have had experience with buying and selling I havent gotten feedback or sent any.

These situations always prove difficult but I remain cool and I refrain from accusations, foul comments, and snide remarks.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:24 PM

I have been a member on here since 2007!! My original name was minievo82, look it up. I have had post and bought stuff before. I also did send Mileb all info he wanted for a return I was the one who jumped through all of the hoops. When I get home from work I will post all of the messages and proof about the return problems. No one has yet to say the first thing about selling falsely described parts!! I'm not here to bash anyone but put youself in my situation.

Last edited by 82Raw; Sep 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know the sell personally he's a good guy, really honest dude to. I've bought plenty of oem parts from him, all from the factory no knock off stuff or and funky bs. I saw this thread and was a little shocked, dosnt seem like him a bit. I know I trust him still and will continue to buy from him when I can. Always gets me cheaper then mitsubish would and communicates to every phone call or text I give him. He's a honest seller period.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:50 PM

Tonight when I get home all evidence will be posted.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:58 PM
EvoM Administrator

I have been a member on here since 2007!! My original name was minievo82, look it up. I have had post and bought stuff before. I also did send Mileb all info he wanted for a return I was the one who jumped through all of the hoops. When I get home from work I will post all of the messages and proof about the return problems. No one has yet to say the first thing about selling falsely described parts!! I'm not here to bash anyone but put youself in my situation.
Why are you using a different account then? That account didn't have any iTrader rating and only had 56 posts anyway, so again the issue is you are both unknowns.

Let's try something different. What if Mileb were to paypal the money to me and I hold it in escrow until he receives the turbo? I'm obviously not going anywhere, and you can see my history of assisting buyers in situations in which they feel they have been scammed. Look through the threads. Hell, I sold my evo X to NFSLancerRA sight unseen and he will vouch for me. Would that resolve some of your concern about getting scammed out of more money?

This really seems like the seller bought the turbo to use as a core, thought it was in better condition than expected, sold it to you thinking it was in good condition, and you discovered it is not. As a neutral party, I don't see the scam. Maybe irresponsible selling, but it is not as if he disappeared and isn't responding now that he got his money. Scammers take off when they get paid.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:44 PM

Nsomniac you couldnt be more correct. That is the best way to describe all this. Im game for your suggestions as for the other guy im not sure.

If I had known this guy needed a flawless condition turbo I may have flagged this request. I included very little info on the turbo so other members on this forum have bombed me with questions and he sent payment very quickly and I did not question it.

He has proof but there are no guarantees it is my product. I inspected the turbo and it came off a working daily driven evo. I am willing to accept the return not just based on the info presented but on principle that hes unhappy and I would like to avoid the headache.

His emails to me were a constant assault and I fell into his stream of nonsense and could have handled it better.

Moderators thanks for you help on this silly matter.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Personally, I tend to side with mileb on this situation, as I have almost been burned before by a guy wanting me to return his money while simultaneously trying to sell my parts on NASIOC. He got caught, but it was also because of this that I started marking all of my parts that I sell, new or otherwise.

Something is obviously amiss on account that 82raw is claiming to be a member since 2007, but his account does not show it. I say the hell with 82raw's trust issues. If he doesn't want to send it back, don't give him a dime back.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:30 PM

The reason I had to set up a new account was because my original email was hacked. My password was not stored in my computer. Therefore I lost my login. If I was a scammer then why would I have posted here? Ok, a third party works if its an admin on here. Mileb is just unprofessional and been about the whole thing. Now he gets on here and you guys sympathize with him. The item he sold, he didn't even know if it worked and still doesn't! Why don't yall go back and re read all of the post from the start. How am I in the wrong when I'm still here making my point? Scammers run remember. I'm here until I get my money back and prove my point to all of you doubters.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Besides running, another move that scammers play is to lodge a public complaint first. That's why objective data rule and pop psychology should be left to those trained in the topic.

In any event, glad to hear a mediated back-trade is coming. Life's too short.

ps. I never "doubted" you and still don't; problem is, you accused the other guy of being a scammer and still have zero evidence of such. If you don't like some of our reactions, please note that that's where it came from in my case. I doubt that there was any scamming here in either direction. You just didn't take his warning about shaft-play seriously enough and/or he didn't realize how bad the shaft-play was. Nothing evil.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_AK
Paypal is more then likely gonna rule that your money be refunded when his turbo is returned. So your more then likely going to have to return it first, with tracking, then you'll receive refund.
This is exactly what paypal is going to say... once the tracking number shows that it's been delivered, call pay-pal and they will put the money into your account.

Paypal's buyer protection states that the buyer has to ship it back on the buyer's dime.. So, since you purchased it through paypal, you need to follow paypal's rules to get your funds back.

You've opened a dispute... follow the pathway to get it taken care of.

Last edited by hatesposers; Sep 10, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:04 PM

Listed below is all of the messages between us and my proof. I don't know how to post the videos on here but if someone would tell me how I would be glad too. The second message is the one sent as soon as I opened the turbo up after the delivery.

FedEx Proof of Delivery:
Tracking no.: 045707815105106 (check for yourself on the delivery time)
Ship date
Sep 4, 2012
Delivery date
Sep 6, 2012 6:16 PM
Destination
Stanardsville, VA
Proof of Delivery

Start of First Message sent to me(82raw) by Mileb

Private Message: Re: Turbo FS
Sep 4, 2012, 06:07 PM
mileb
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Re: Turbo FS
Ok shipped just now via FedEx Ground you will have it in 2 days. Tracking # 045707815105106
Package is insured and signature is NOT required so keep a look out for it.

Recipients: mileb
Sep 6, 2012, 06:44 PM
82Raw
Drives: 2000 Mirage
Hey man I just received the turbo. We have a big problem. This turbo is not is great condition and it has way to much shaft play. So much that the blades actually scrap the inside of the housing. Also someone has been inside this turbo. The band clamp and wastegate have been removed. We need to work up a return.

Sep 6, 2012, 07:33 PM
mileb
Drives: Evo 9 MR
The turbo is in good working condition and the shaft play is on par with that of the low mileage it has on it. On my evo 9 i have the stock turbo and 22k miles and it has the same shaft play as that turbo. The blades do not scrape the housing I definatly checked for that and yes the band clamp was removed because i inspected the wheels and turbine housing before buying that turbo. The wastegate is fine, was attached to the turbo, and included with the sale. The turbo maybe got damaged in shipping but im obviously not the one holding it so i don't know. If the turbo is tightened properly and mounted it will work.

Sep 6, 2012, 10:00 PM
82Raw
Quote:
Originally Posted by mileb
The turbo is in good working condition and the shaft play is on par with that of the low mileage it has on it. On my evo 9 i have the stock turbo and 22k miles and it has the same shaft play as that turbo. The blades do not scrape the housing I definatly checked for that and yes the band clamp was removed because i inspected the wheels and turbine housing before buying that turbo. The wastegate is fine, was attached to the turbo, and included with the sale. The turbo maybe got damaged in shipping but im obviously not the one holding it so i don't know. If the turbo is tightened properly and mounted it will work.

The inducer wheel has enough play that the blades stop spinning because they actually grind on the inside of the housing. Sounds horrible! You stated that you took it apart before you bought it? If this is the case how do you know its a working turbo? I don't gather that you installed it to know that it is fully functional from that statement. The turbo didn't get damaged in shipping. The box arrived in excellent condition. My point is I'm not wasting my time to install something that I know is not going to work. Tightening down the clamp and mounting it has nothing to do with the fact that the shaft shot and no turbo should sound like nails on a chalk board when you TRY to spin it. I'm requesting a return and trying to be positive about it. We can go through pay pal if you would like.

Sep 6, 2012, 10:54 PM
mileb
Look we can argue about this back and forth but neither one of us are happy. I know who I bought the turbo from so I know it worked. So how do you suppose we go about settling this issue?

Sep 7, 2012, 07:26 AM
82Raw
Send me the $260 back through pay pal and I will pay to have it shipped back. Just need your shipping address.

Sep 7, 2012, 07:50 PM
mileb
You send me pics preferably a video proving to me this turbo has the issues you say it has. Once I validate what your saying and I see that the turbo is the exact one i sent you than i will gladly accept the return and refund your money minus what I paid for shipping. You have my email address you can send all the files to it.

To: Richard ***** <minievo08@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 8, 2012 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: Turbo Return

for the type of money involved the aggravations not worth it. Just ship the turbo back to me and I will refund you in full.

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Richard ****** <minievo08@yahoo.com> wrote:

Here are the video's you requested for me to return the turbo. I'm also expecting a full return of $260. I'm not paying for shipping on something that you falsely advertised.

To: Richard******<minievo08@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 8, 2012 7:28 PM

Hey look i agreed to the return and refund in full now your trying to hit me with another stipulation. i cant refund you unless i got the item in hand.

On Sep 8, 2012 7:20 PM, "Richard*****" <minievo08@yahoo.com> wrote:
You refund the money and then I will send it back. Same box and packaging it arrived in and will be sent out the same day the money is received in my pay pal account. Thanks

To: Richard ****** <minievo08@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2012 5:58 PM
Look you go to a store to return a shirt and you have to give it to them first in order to get your money back. This goes the same way. That turbo may not be worth anything to you but its worth plenty to me I can send that turbine housing to forced performance or map performance for upgrade to one of there turbos because they use the same casting. Thats what I planned on doing with that turbo before I decided to keep my ride as is. I shipped the turbo to you quickly and insured it like a good seller. I admit the transaction went smooth and trust me it will go the same way once you return it. The minute i get it ill go into my paypal account and ill reimburse you in full. But if you want to sit here and go through this long and annoying process with paypal who does not give a **** about either one of us to make a decision then fine go ahead and gamble its not my money its yours and im holding onto it till i get the turbo back. Those guys don't know **** about our situation or car parts so going this route could mean crap for the both of us. You send the turbo out tomorrow ill get it in like 2 days by wednesday when i get it; the money will be back in your account so we can finally end this. You think about it and get back to me.
My address

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Richard ****** <minievo08@yahoo.com> wrote:
No there are no stipulations. Your the one throwing out stipulations and accusations. Saying you needed a pic or a video, which I sent ASAP! You had to make sure it was the right turbo. If you would have looked at time of delivery for the package and the message I sent you, you would have seen that you were messaged as soon as I got the turbo. You already tried to get over on me once with a busted turbo! I don't understand why your making a big deal about it? Especially when you were paid instantly with no hassle. This turbo isn't worth anything and your not the one who is out of the money, that's me. So I will be waiting for the money to be reimbursed in to my pay pal account. Once it is I will send the turbo back the same day. Thanks.

To: Richard ****** <minievo08@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2012 10:18 PM
Would you be interested in talking on the phone so we can hash this out?

On Sep 9, 2012 10:00 PM, "Richard *******" <minievo08@yahoo.com> wrote:
Your sitting here trying to tell me what is going on or what is going to happen. If I had went to a store then I wouldn't have to return the shirt because it would have been something I had in my had and could see. Secondly this is not a store situation! You advertised incorrectly! You were paid and I had to wait for you to send the turbo to me. You just stated that the turbo was busted and you were going to send it off to have it redone! You can say what you want but Pay Pal knows a little bit more than you think. Just like I know more about a turbo than you and you trying to say put it on and it will work just fine, B.S. My point is if you had said what it was instead of trying to lie and make it out to be better than it was I wouldn't have bought it to begin with! Wouldn't have wasted my time or money on this paper weight. You can pay to send it to FP for an upgrade, I'm not. So you can hold on to the $260 until Pay Pal gets done with it and you. I have enough proof for pay pal to reimburse me in full. Apparently the $260 is worth more to you than you say for you to make this big of a deal about it. You lied about the turbo and I don't believe you about the return, it's as simple as that.

Shoot me a number and we can hopefully square it away tomorrow evening

On Sep 9, 2012 11:56 PM, "Richard ******" <minievo08@yahoo.com> wrote:
We can talk on the phone or whatever you want. My point remains the same, either way. Talking on the phone isnt going to change anything. What you are doing is completely wrong and how you went about it is wrong.

Last edited by 82Raw; Sep 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Proof?

I see both of you being untrusting (e.g., you want your money back first, while he wants a video to make sure that it's the same turbo) and then some petty nonsense about who pays for shipping, but zero proof that he was trying to scam you. Maybe you use that word differently from how I do, but I normal reserve an accusation that strong for cases where there's clear evidence of an attempt to rip someone off. Just ship him his paperweight back, get your $260 back, and move on.

In any event, I'm done.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:46 PM
EvoM Administrator

The reason I had to set up a new account was because my original email was hacked. My password was not stored in my computer. Therefore I lost my login. If I was a scammer then why would I have posted here? Ok, a third party works if its an admin on here. Mileb is just unprofessional and been about the whole thing. Now he gets on here and you guys sympathize with him. The item he sold, he didn't even know if it worked and still doesn't! Why don't yall go back and re read all of the post from the start. How am I in the wrong when I'm still here making my point? Scammers run remember. I'm here until I get my money back and prove my point to all of you doubters.
I'm unclear about whether or not this means you would accept me as an intermediary. Mileb has stated he would be alright paypal'ing me the money. If you agree to ship it to him and trust me to hold on to the cash until it is verified delivered, we could get this done. Let me know. I'm not out to steal anyone's cash here. I am in this role as a volunteer. Hell I don't even own an evo anymore since I bought my Z06, but I still help out here because it's a great community and I have made lots of friends.

Let me know. I doubt a site admin will want to get involved.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:19 AM

Correct I wanted my money back first. I paid in good faith only to get a paper weight. A complete wasted of time and money on my end. I still don't see how no one can see that Mileb posted for sale some busted parts. Iowa999, it is clear evidence of someone trying to rip someone off from the beginning. Go back and read the post!! He posted for a sale a good condition turbo!!

Quick Reply: Dispute with Mileb