Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Dispute with Mileb

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dispute with Mileb

I bought the turbo this guy had for sale on here. Anyone can pull up the for sale thread. It states a good condition turbo! The turbo is nothing more than a core for a rebuild. I have went back and forth with this guy on a return. The turbo sound like nails on a chalk board when you TRY to spin it. I notified him as soon as I opened the turbo when I got it. Well he requested pics and video's to prove it was his turbo. I sent all of it to him and yet he still makes demands about the return. When if the turbo was what he advertised then there would never have been an issue because I wouldn't have wasted my time or money on the POS! Now he is saying that I'm going to return the turbo before he refunds me. How do I know this guy isn't just going to keep my money too? Any thoughts on how I should go about it? Oh and yeah I'm pissed!!

Last edited by Nsomniac; Sep 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Took out the flaming
Old Sep 9, 2012, 08:20 PM
06h

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your situation

file a dispute with paypal or contact your credit card company. DO NOT send the turbo back until he refunds you or else you could potentially lose your $$ and the pos turbo
Old Sep 9, 2012, 09:00 PM

That is exactly what I'm doing with Pay Pal. He has been trying to get me to send the turbo back and that is the exact reason why I haven't. I also think is some BS that you can go on here and sell something and you have not a clue about what it is or was. I know its not the forum but it is sad to see we have people like this in our community.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 82Raw
That is exactly what I'm doing with Pay Pal. He has been trying to get me to send the turbo back and that is the exact reason why I haven't. I also think is some BS that you can go on here and sell something and you have not a clue about what it is or was. I know its not the forum but it is sad to see we have people like this in our community.
Do what? If the seller doesn't know what it is or was... I would not be buying from him.

Ask for pics showing the serial number before buying, when possible. I don't care where you are. There are and always will be douche bags. ( not implying that either party is in this situation simply that there are)

GL with the situation.

Last edited by mt057; Sep 10, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:52 AM

He knew what it was. He just advertised it as being in good condition, when its nothing more than a paper weight. This guy really doesnt know jack about a turbo. I hope pay pal does right also. I have already filed the complaint with them.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:19 AM

To put it simply I agreed he could return it and I would refund him in full. He's insisting he receive the money first before he sends the turbo back. Both of us thinks its too risky and dont want to make the first move so I guess paypal is going to handle this process. Ive purchased many things of this forum and ive sold a couple. I have had issues with no one in the past. I guess theres a first time for everything.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by mileb
To put it simply I agreed he could return it and I would refund him in full. He's insisting he receive the money first before he sends the turbo back. Both of us thinks its too risky and dont want to make the first move so I guess paypal is going to handle this process. Ive purchased many things of this forum and ive sold a couple. I have had issues with no one in the past. I guess theres a first time for everything.
Well, you received the money first before sending the turbo out, so what makes you think that the process should change? You are basically buying back your turbo. Do the right thing and give the man his money first and you receive your turbo back. Plan and simple.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:22 AM

Thanks 4g63rules!! I don't know how much clearer it could be!
Mileb, you listed a busted turbo for sale. According to your records you haven't sold but one other item. You agreed to a return after I emailed videos and you were very unprofessional about the whole return. Yes the return is a risk for me because you have already screwed me over once. I can post any of the messages or emails on here for all to see.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:32 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
If the only thing you are both worried about is getting screwed on the return, there's a simple fix. Enlist a 3rd party. It is more expensive because you pay double the shipping, but you are guaranteed not to get screwed.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:38 AM

I'm sorry but I'm not enlisting a third party. If the turbo was advertised in its true condition then I would have never wasted my time or money on this to begin with. So why should I pay extra or have more hassle when I've already been screwed over once?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paypal is more then likely gonna rule that your money be refunded when his turbo is returned. So your more then likely going to have to return it first, with tracking, then you'll receive refund.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:29 AM

If that is what they say then that's fine. I knoll they will already have his account in check and ready to refund me. All complaint's and issues have been filed with pay pal and pushed through. So we will see what they have to say. I'm just really disappointed that there are people in the community that are just trying to get a quick buck n don't care how.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:28 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 82Raw
I'm sorry but I'm not enlisting a third party. If the turbo was advertised in its true condition then I would have never wasted my time or money on this to begin with. So why should I pay extra or have more hassle when I've already been screwed over once?
And if he pays the additional $10 it will probably cost to ship the extra leg?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:58 AM

It's a turbo. Shipping weight is 24lbs and it has to be in a 18x18x18 box. It's gonna cost more than $10 in shipping and a third party other than pay pal isn't welcome by me. Sorry just doesn't work or sound like a good idea. Did you not see where I've been screwed over once already? I tried to resolve this issue as soon as the turbo was delivered to me. Just looking at the blades while it was sitting in the box I could tell it was no good. Then he confirms in an email that its no good and he was gonna use it for a core charge to fp.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are you seriously this incapable of taking another person's perspective? For all he (or we) knows, you could be a scammer and you plan to send back a different, broken turbo once you have your money along with his good turbo. (See a recent wheels thread for something like this.) So, he might be thinking it would be crazy for him to refund your money until he is sure that you return the same turbo, in the same condition, as what he sent you.

In other words, while he may seem unreasonable to you, you are looking equally unreasonable to him.

To be clear, I have no clue what the real story is. But you are acting as if we should all see that he is being unreasonable, when, based on what we know, that is not automatically true. That's what the third-party option is meant to deal with. When he can see that you're sending back his turbo, and you can see that he has given up the money, the third party releases both at the same time.

Quick Reply: Dispute with Mileb