Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Beware of boostjin

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware of boostjin

Here's his for sale thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...kit-evo-x.html

He never said anything about the right side skirt being damaged. He had plenty of chances to, but never said anything. I should have looked at the pictures he posted more carefully. If you'll look carefully you can actually see the right skirt is missing a tab where the skirt snaps on the car in the front. Looks like it broke off.

I filed a claim with PayPal, thank god for buyer protection. I'm not saying boostjin did this deliberately.. But the whole thing feels shady to me.

Ill never get back the time I wasted on this deal.. I don't even care about the money.. My time is more valuable.

Last edited by flipflop; Nov 13, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Have you contact him? and return a parts?

Edit: Also save photos or capture whole thread if you haven't. You never know if you need them.

Last edited by Chef-j; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

I called him several times and left a vm. My final 2 calls last night went to straight to vm, I think he turned off his phone since I was blasting it all day yesterday lol. The skirts are still with me per paypals advise. It's up to PayPal now.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah its sucks. Hope paypal refund you fast.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
not exactly sure he was trying to scam anyone as you can clearly see in the pictures that they were broken. unfortunately not all sellers think that the description of an item is very valuable to a buyer as much as the picture is.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:39 PM

This is a tough one....as stated ^ I really dont think he was trying to scam anyone, just maybe sub-par attention to detail on the part of the description.... As I browse this forum more & more its very clear that ANY blemishes, nicks, or otherwise NEED to be stated in the thread to avoid situations like this...

Im pretty sure the OP would still have bought the product with that foreknowledge but maybe haggled a bit more....G/L
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

This is his description of the sideskirts; "I'm selling my OEM Aero Kit Side Skirts. It's Rally Red in color and in good shape."
The skirt is damaged on a critical area, how is that in "good shape"? For the record.. I wouldn't have bought the skirts with the tab being damaged, that's why I was looking to replace the ones I have on because the same thing happened to my skirts.. The tabs broke off on the same spot(s).

Also, I left him several msgs and still hasn't returned my call. I prolle called like 20 times. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he's not trying to scam anyone.. but why no response?! idk.. I'm also sure that he has gotten correspondents and calls from PayPal. Maybe he's just a very busy guy.. Whatever, I just want my money back so I can ship back his stuff and be done with it. I'm taking this incident as a sign to pull the trigger on the Varis sideskirts w/ underboards.

Last edited by flipflop; Nov 14, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by flipflop
This is his description of the sideskirts; "I'm selling my OEM Aero Kit Side Skirts. It's Rally Red in color and in good shape."
The skirt is damaged on a critical area, how is that in "good shape"? For the record.. I wouldn't have bought the skirts with the tab being damaged, that's why I was looking to replace the ones I have on because the same thing happened to my skirts.. The tabs broke off on the same spot(s).

Also, I left him several msgs and still hasn't returned my call. I prolle called like 20 times. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he's not trying to scam anyone.. but why no response?! idk.. I'm also sure that he has gotten correspondents and calls from PayPal. Maybe he's just a very busy guy.. Whatever, I just want my money back so I can ship back his stuff and be done with it. I'm taking this incident as a sign to pull the trigger on the Varis sideskirts w/ underboards.
Dealing with people can be tough, this does seem fishy. Unfortunately a lot sellers don't just take pics of all the areas and make it clear what they are selling. Good luck though on everything.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ Thanks. I find it really odd that Boostjin replies to paypals correspondents and not mine.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Busy or not if im paying for it you better answer thats how I feel. If they dont like itjust give me my money back or I will have my peeps track you down plain and simple. Some people just dont take business seriously one day they will learn. Playing with other peoples money is like playing with their emotions.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the FACT that he DOESNT return the buyers phone calls is guilt of a scam, plain and simple. If the SELLER didnt have anything to be worried about, he would simply pickup the phone, or if he was busy, check his voice mail, and call the buyer back and explain himself.

IE: Im sorry you didnt know about the damaged corner (or w/e), but i thought it was clear in the picture (blah, blah, blah).

But he ignores phone calls, and ignores voice message = scammer.

case closed
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ezzey
the FACT that he DOESNT return the buyers phone calls is guilt of a scam, plain and simple. If the SELLER didnt have anything to be worried about, he would simply pickup the phone, or if he was busy, check his voice mail, and call the buyer back and explain himself.

IE: Im sorry you didnt know about the damaged corner (or w/e), but i thought it was clear in the picture (blah, blah, blah).

But he ignores phone calls, and ignores voice message = scammer.

case closed
true
Old Dec 1, 2012, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

I got notification from PayPal that they are approving my claim.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Leave a bad rating on his personal sales rating for everyone can see
Old Dec 1, 2012, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Left negative feedback.

Quick Reply: Beware of boostjin