Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

An unfinished deal...with CarbonEvoFiber

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An unfinished deal...with CarbonEvoFiber

Well, I've always observed sales going on here in hopes of getting a decent set of wheels, and recently bought some in the past month. Unfortunately there was a problem with all of this, and I've recently created a Paypal dispute over it. I just noticed this forum, already rated him on his sale of poor business ethics on here so I apologize if that was out of order. Though poor business practice in my opinion can't be undone nor should my rating imo.

The proof

This is just a PM where the price was disclosed... I responded saying I was really interested just wasn't ready to spend that kind of money yet. This was the final price I paid.

In the email I got with the pictures, he said this to entice me.

Later on after I received the wheels, they weren't with it obviously... I emailed him and this was the response.

Then after not hearing from him for a while after the whole "Oh I forgot" spiel I sent another email.

That's it basically.

I just recently sent this as a dispute in Paypal. While it's not the most perfect wording I've frankly spent enough time on this already just compiling the evidence.
Brad,
Let me just highlight a "Timeline of Events"...

This is the PM where price was finalized. If you recall I was very interested but I wasn't going to be able to buy them quickly... http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8eb0605e.jpg

In the initial email you sent me you offered the lugnuts (http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...psa2bd5288.jpg) that were mentioned by you a $60 value. They were never retracted from the deal. The fact that you're unsatisfied with the final price and that you got "hosed" from shipping just means you shouldn't have made the deal, not that you should dishonor the original agreement. This is just simply poor business practice and ethics.

Then these emails basically you backing out of your deal.
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...psa13f6c32.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...psc40c62ce.jpg

What do I want? Simple. Either the lugnuts you originally offered or a $60 refund for the price that you mentioned they were worth.
I'm sorry it had to come to this, I really am happy with the wheels but it's very poor business to do something like this to your customers.

dk
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I am by no means a law student ( and correct me if I am wrong) but what he said is "I CAN" not "I WILL"

Dont get me wrong I despise scammers and people that take advantage of others (i have been on the unfortunate end of being scammed here) but when he sent that PM did you respond YES I want the Lugs?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds to me like he owes you the lugs or the money back. He may have said that "he can" but in the next message he also said that he forgot, implying that he meant to but it had just slipped his mind.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a response from him via email...

Wow really David…. Cool bro I’ll be shipping out the lug nuts in the am then. Thanks
I'll be opening this with my iPhone on video record.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:04 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Shame he tried to change the deal on you because he made a mistake. That's just not cool, but glad to hear you're getting your lugnuts after all.

People, remember that if you are not either the buyer or the seller or have no technical information/advice/wisdom/knowledge to share, expect your off-topic comment to get deleted.