Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Projektevo9, will not be reasonable

Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay folks let me clarify a few things up here. I didnt even know this thread exsisted I had to heainto a n from another member. So I decided to sell my braille carbon fiber battery and tray the car is torn apart atm. The car driven the day before I pulled the battery and it functioned fine no slow crank or anything that would be a sign the battery would
be bad, if I had any inclination the battery was bad or going baf I wouldnt sell it pure and simple. So I pulled the battery and it sat for about 2 days before I got the chance to ship it. Noted that from the get go the buyer seemed very interested in just the tray. So I shipped it out via usps flat rate w. Tracking ect the pictures are on the thread above it had one scratch on the side which was noted. So the buyer contacted me a few days later stating the battery was dead. As some of you know if these mini batteries sit sometimes they don't hold a charge ive had this happen with oddessy minis in the past. I told him to put it on a battery tender and let it trickle charge to see if that does anything. Someone correct me if im wrong but you are not supposed to charge these full power and especially leave it on for a week! That will certainly fry any mini battery. So the buyer said he took it to a few places they said it was dead and he left it on charge for a week what method was used to charge it a jumper box, jumper cables certainly wasnt the correct way with a tender. Point being the battery had no problems what so ever when I pulled it and now its dead hmm something doesnt sound right here in my opinion whatever the buyer did fried this battery.

So we get to refunds ect he filed a dispute through paypal which deducted money putting my account into a negative balance i aggreed if he shipped it back i would try to get it to hold a charge and see what the hell was going on. So he withdrew the dispute and removed the negative balance from my account and shipped it back upon opening the package i immediately discovered there were parts missing so naturally i took picture which i will post tomorrow i inspected the battery. It was all scratched up around the terminals like someone took vice grips to it and the carbon fiber shell was scratched in many places as well. The nisei top plate was missing which obviously makes the tray complete as well as the original allen bolts that connect the plate to try as well as the allen bolts that were screwed into the terminals. I told the buyer the plate was missing he denies keeping it there was one bolt that he purchased underneath the battery in the box that didnt even fit. So i basically told him we could do one of two things i could ship everything back at his cost or he could replace the myslsteriously missing pieces. He couldnt come up with the original black hardware he tried replacing it with a silver top tie down which didnt make sense.

Long story short the buyer ruined this battery imo and now wants a refund he is very persistant about me keeping the battery and sending him the tray along with a partial refund. He repeatly blames the post office for the magic vanishing parts. Imo he ruined the battery kept or lost thr tie doen and just wanted the tray from the begining. Ive had great success with members on this forum ive always shipped my items promptly as described, im a no bull **** guy if i had the slightest inclination i was in the wrong here i would issue a refund but im not playing these games something seems a little funny about this situation to me. Ill post the pms below.

10/25/12
I installed it yesterday around 8am. Went to 3 different Auto Parts stores , tested, Failed. Charged twice and picked up no charge. I'm going to try again today but if it does not charge I will more than likely be happy to return your battery and keep the mini battery kit and I hope you will be willing to refund some of my money.

10/25/12
No posts, and charged it for more than 3hrs. Tested it RIGHT NOW and it failed. 0% charge. idk what you want to do. This is frustrating me because I feel schemed. I'll keep the kit but I'll send back the battery if you want so you can see it has no charge what so ever. But I need my money back, not all but a good bit because the kit is worth 50-75 to me.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

11/20/12
If I stole or KEPT anything as you say, you really think I would try this hard to get my money back? Anyways, What if I buy the kit?

12/29/12
That's just stupid. I believe the post office opened it since it wasn't priority shipped. I shipped it EXACTLY how I received it minus the 2 bolts. I swear to God .

1/13/13
I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF YOUR PARTS. This is NOT FAIR. You're getting away with everything. You're missing a top plate and some bolts and you're mad? Well send me the INCOMPLETE battery kit I supposedly sent back and give me the money back for the battery. I'll have someone fabricate a top plate.

1/17/13
You're not being reasonable at all. I'll take the kit back but not the battery. How am I suppose to fix a dead battery? Man, you're not being fair AT ALL. Those 2 options is you winning over me.

1/21/13
I'll pay the shipping costs for the battery kit, but can you please refund me the money for the battery? I mean its dead. Be reasonable man. The kit I'll take fault for it whether its true or notBeing I was TRYING to do at 1st

11/16/12

You can simply send back the tray since it bothers you, OR send me my money. Scratches on the battery? Came like that in the mail

11/18/12
*it was a parcel shipment so the postal office has to open the package so please don't just blame me for something I didn't do
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by richdegrave
That guy tried low balling me on my mr wheels I had a feeling about him
If I remember corectly you contacted me about selling said wheels, if you didnt like my offering price move on there is no need to make assumptions on what kind of person I am and talk ****. Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

I take is as the messages r from him talking to u. He says he didn't keep the kit right? Here u go.

I installed it yesterday around 8am. Went to 3 different Auto Parts stores , tested, Failed. Charged twice and picked up no charge. I'm going to try again today but if it does not charge I will more than likely be happy to return your battery and keep the mini battery kit and I hope you will be willing to refund some of my money.

10/25/12
No posts, and charged it for more than 3hrs. Tested it RIGHT NOW and it failed. 0% charge. idk what you want to do. This is frustrating me because I feel schemed. I'll keep the kit but I'll send back the battery if you want so you can see it has no charge what so ever. But I need my money back, not all but a good bit because the kit is worth 50-75 to me.
Bold and underlined where he actually said he will keep the kit and send u the battery so u can check that the battery is faulty. Just thought u have overlooked this part of the message.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

He meant he would keep the kit send back the battery and request a partial refund he kept part of the kit and denied it.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by projektevo9
He meant he would keep the kit send back the battery and request a partial refund he kept part of the kit and denied it.
Ah, gotcha. Well, hope everything gets resolved.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i did say i would keep the kit. but after that, you said you wanted EVERYTHING back. it would of been easier if you would have let me kept the kit and just sent you back the dead battery. instead of going thru the trouble of a missing top plate on the kit which IDK HOW THAT HAPPENED. You accuse me of keeping it. please let me tell you that scheming and stealing does not run in my blood no matter how many times my house has been broken in to. now you want me to pay for the shipping costs for you to send the kit back but yet you also want to send the battery back with it. it's not my fault i received it dead. i will pay for the shipping costs for the kit but i do not want the battery. if we can come to a solution, you keep the battery, send me the kit. i will pay the shipping costs as long as you also refund me for the battery. its been months since this has happened and yet you haven't resolved it since you want it YOUR WAY. be a little reasonable bro.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 04:29 AM
Evolving Member

Bones,

May I ask why you are so adamant about him sending just the partial kit (sans dead battery) back if it is missing the tie-down bracket (rather vital part)? That's the question I want to know.

It just seems like from the beginning, and in your continual messages to him, that you are fixated on just the kit.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kiley_sean
Bones,

May I ask why you are so adamant about him sending just the partial kit (sans dead battery) back if it is missing the tie-down bracket (rather vital part)? That's the question I want to know.

It just seems like from the beginning, and in your continual messages to him, that you are fixated on just the kit.

Thank you Kiley thats what I was trying to get across seem like the kit was the main focus point from the get go. I find it highly unlikely that a postal employee would open a box and take all the bolts and battery tie down like you stated a rather crucial component to the tray.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:28 AM

Wow seriously? why would I waste my time to send a PARTIAL KIT back to him? I sent it back JUST HOW I RECEIVED IT. Idk how he ended up receiving it HALF ***. The battery was did when I received it. There was no way to bringing that back to life. He kept telling me to wait a week and then another week. Assuming it was dead when we received it as well. I will take the kit back since i know someone who can fabricate whatever it is missing. I will not take the battery back since I have nothing to do with it. NEVER have I been thru something like this and never have I put thru anyone like this. Is there anymore assumptions yall would like for me to answer?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bonezMTA
Wow seriously? why would I waste my time to send a PARTIAL KIT back to him?
You see this kind of argument (by which I mean logical argument, not hissy-fit argument) much too often in these threads. In a nutshell, the argument boils down to "because there's no obvious [to everyone] reason for me to do X, that proves that I did not do X." This argument fails in two ways. First, it's just silly. People do things for no good reason all the time. People are idiots and people who buy stuff on the internet are no exception to this general rule (in fact, some might argue that they are the poster-children for the rule, but I digress). Second, there is always a reason. It's just not always obvious. In this case, the explanation is that you were planning to hold the last piece "hostage" to get all of your money refunded.

Now, of course, I have no clue if you are an idiot or if you planned to hold the piece hostage. My point is that arguments of the general form that you are using here are worthless. If I were to go any farther than this, I would say that my experience is that people who use this lousy form of argument are more likely than average to be the person at fault, but that would be arguing from the general to the specific, which is also rather weak. So I won't do it.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:24 AM

From the beginning, I said I would return the battery and keep the kit. He said NO, send it all back and you will get your money back. Did just that then a couple days later he says he received the kit with no top plate. Contacted Nisei a week straight and said they did not have the part in stock and don't know when they will.went for a mother week contacting them and still no luck. So I said, can I get the kit back and refund for the battery. He said no, that I'm not getting anything back. Him getting away with his product and my money, now that doesn't seem wrong? Atleast refund me the battery and keep the money for the kit. I'm being very reasonable and doing all I cam to resolve this while he sits with my money and his products. Call me an idiot, little kid or whatever, he said all those things too and yet, I feel like I'm the mature one here. Months after and still hasn't been resolved. I would just like to resolve this and move on
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

I said I would ship the whole thing back at your expense you ruinied that battery imo. And you wanted the kit from the get go, I never called you names you might want to watch who's mouth your putting words in.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Gentlemen, I offer a couple of suggestions for this to the both of you. Take them for what they're worth or leave them, but at present you guys are getting absolutely nowhere.

Suggestion 1: Projektevo9 and bonezMTA split the shipping cost 50/50 and the kit get's sent back to bonezMTA as a whole (or as sent).

Suggestion 2: Projektevo9 keeps the kit and gives a refund to bonezMTA MINUS the cost of the missing pieces allegedly lost in transit.

In both scenarios, everyone takes a hit and no one is happy, but this ends and it's over with for both of you.

Gentlemen, there are certain used parts that by buying or selling used come with a certain inherent risk of either being almost to the point of failure or dead without either party realizing it until after the transaction UNLESS they had it inspected by a professional prior to purchase or sale. This includes assembled used engines, transmissions, transfer cases, turbos, and most especially batteries.
Of all of these, batteries are the worst for being to the point of failure as even when they are going bad, they can still hold a charge on a trickle charger but not hold a charge for long if they're taken off. If you always have your car on say a battery tender, you might not notice the battery is going bad because you're keeping it charged long enough between drive and putting it back on the tender creating the illusion that it is in better shape than it is.
On the flip-side, it is in fact easier than most like to admit to fry a good battery with improper charging as was alluded to earlier. Try charging a new discharged battery with too high of an amperage for too long and it will fry it.
Even though I would not buy or sell a used battery, it is something that there is a market for but should be bought and sold with the full understanding by both parties that they go bad sooner or later and you could be buying or selling a bad one without intending to. This is one of those parts that are best sold and inspected in person.

So with all that being said, meet some where in the middle and end this. You both need to bend.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:19 AM

I've been trying to meet in the middle, but he wants me to pay shipping cost for everything back. The battery was dead upon arrival. If he told me to leave it on a tender for a week then of course it was dead on arrival. As for the kit, I DID NOT KEEP ANYTHING. I'm tired if accusations and assumptions, that's why this problem has not yet been solved. I will pay for the shipping cost for the kit and a refund for the battery. OR, just refund me the battery and keep both products. I will not pay shipping costs for both as I can't do anything with a dead battery.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Projektevo9, will not be reasonable