Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Projektevo9, will not be reasonable

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Projektevo9, will not be reasonable

Ok, I bought a Nisei Battery kit and a mini Braille battery. Received a DEAD battery, and no Top Posts for the battery, could not find any at any local auto parts store. Had to use bolts. While in the process of taking the kit off, couple bolts stripped but I replaced them by buying new ones BUT NOT THE EXACT ORIGINAL ones from Nisei. Told em the battery wouldn't charge, kept telling me to charge it for about a week and then I got fed up so I sent it back EXACTLY how he sent it to me besides the replaced bolts. Once he got his product back, he said the top plate was MISSING? And the bolts aren't original, so I supposedly KEPT the bolts and Top plate? I don't understand that accusation. Contacted Nisei a HANDFUL of times and they kept saying the hardware kit is OUT OF STOCK. Denied my refund and kept saying he spent the money. Then said that all he can do is give me an APOLOGY. Then went on to say that because I have no REP on EvoM, no one will take me serious. I'm not asking for rep or for anyone to take me serious, I just feel like this is an unfair situation. I said I'll take the battery kit back and fabricate a top plate but refund me the money for the battery. Denied that as well , and said NO, that I have 2 options. Pay the shipping and handling to send me back the battery and mini kit or buy him a new hardware kit. I'm in a lose lose situation. He's keeping my money either way? Idk. He denied my refund on PayPal, because I thought we were good. But now I have 2 options where its not FAIR AT ALL. Can anyone help here? Yes I don't have rep or anything, but I'm as fair as othera and this doesn't seem right. Said not to message him back unless I'm paying for shipping for both products or buying a new hardware kit. Someone help? Thanks. Need more info, I have all the messages.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Do you have pictures of what you received, what you sent back?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
charge the battery for a week???? That will toast it.
I would have trikle charged [2 amp] over night at most, Load tested in the AM if under 10V at load test i would have sent it back ASAP. as it is a DOA

Charging for that long toasts batterys, and a potenial for a fire.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Speaking based on experience ALWAYS take pictures. He should take pictures before he sent it as well of EVERYTHING. Contact paypal, it will be resolved
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bonezMTA
Ok, I bought a Nisei Battery kit and a mini Braille battery. Received a DEAD battery, and no Top Posts for the battery, could not find any at any local auto parts store. Had to use bolts. While in the process of taking the kit off, couple bolts stripped but I replaced them by buying new ones BUT NOT THE EXACT ORIGINAL ones from Nisei.

Told em the battery wouldn't charge, kept telling me to charge it for about a week and then I got fed up so I sent it back EXACTLY how he sent it to me besides the replaced bolts. Once he got his product back, he said the top plate was MISSING? And the bolts aren't original, so I supposedly KEPT the bolts and Top plate? I don't understand that accusation.

Contacted Nisei a HANDFUL of times and they kept saying the hardware kit is OUT OF STOCK.

Denied my refund and kept saying he spent the money. Then said that all he can do is give me an APOLOGY. Then went on to say that because I have no REP on EvoM, no one will take me serious.

I'm not asking for rep or for anyone to take me serious, I just feel like this is an unfair situation.

I said I'll take the battery kit back and fabricate a top plate but refund me the money for the battery. Denied that as well , and said NO, that I have 2 options. Pay the shipping and handling to send me back the battery and mini kit or buy him a new hardware kit. I'm in a lose lose situation.

He's keeping my money either way? Idk. He denied my refund on PayPal, because I thought we were good. But now I have 2 options where its not FAIR AT ALL.

Can anyone help here? Yes I don't have rep or anything, but I'm as fair as othera and this doesn't seem right. Said not to message him back unless I'm paying for shipping for both products or buying a new hardware kit. Someone help? Thanks. Need more info, I have all the messages.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...nisei-kit.html

I broke up your original post into paragraphs because it's a bit confusing. I do have a few clarifying questions for you.

When did you buy it?

I notice in the pictures in his threads that the bolts that hold the terminals are present but that the actual posts are not. Were you told in text or PM that you would be receiving the posts, or did you receive nothing of that sort at all?

The picture pictures in the for sale thread do in fact show the tray complete with the top cover. Did you receive it as pictured, or was it not the same?

In mailing it back to him, did you get any sort of tracking or delivery confirmation on the shipment?

Now my take on this if I'm interpreting this correctly, you have a couple of things going on not in your favor. Simply sending it back without securing an agreement of a refund was not the smartest thing to have done. Additionally, you should have taken the battery to have it tested once you found it wasn't holding a charge.

All that being said, I've bought a few of these batteries new over the years. I've had one I pulled off my car sitting on a shelf for almost a year and happened to throw it on another car just for curiosity. It held it's charge and started the car right up.
Realistically, a battery should charge itself up in about a day, maybe two, if it's in good condition. For it to not hold a charge at all lends me to believe it was dead or dying from the get go.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:34 AM

I apologize, everything was out of proportion. To answer some questions. I received everything in the pictures minus the battery posts. I took it to AutoZone to get it tested 3 times after charging it 3 separate days. Before the 1st charge, I tested it 3 times and all said 0%. Projektevo9 kept saying to leave it on a battery tender for a week or 2. That there threw a red flag. I wasn't going to sit around and wait. Did a dispute on PayPal, he said to send it back.

Originally Posted by bonezMTA: IF? I don't see an IF when you are getting your product back. I'm denying your refund for $210 I'll refund your full amount after I get both items shipped to my door you are responsible for shipping charges my address is 1601 grant ave Altoona pa, 16602 "

That's exactly what I did and then he said the Battery kit is missing the top plate? Idk how that happened unless a post office opened it or I honestly do not know. But he accuses me of KEEPING the top plate. Spending 200+ just to keep a top plate sounds ridiculous to me. Now I'm telling him to send me the INCOMPLETE battery kit back with the MISSING top plate That I SUPPOSEDLY kept because I can get a shop to fabricate one, but he wants to send the dead battery and the kit. What am I going to do with a dead battery? This problem has not been resolved since NOV 4TH. I should of taken a picture, I went to AutoZone to get video footage of me wrapping up the Battery and kit getting ready to ship it off but they said it is ILLEGAL for me to keep any footage or take pictures of the video screen. But I have a WHOLE STAFF who saw me box it up. I have never met someone so unreasonable.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Sorry about the experience. People these days.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

There are some things you don't buy used, electrical/ electronics.

Small batteries require a trickle charger. Don't leave a braille sitting around for months without a charge, mine went bad because of that. It later would'nt hold a charge. Lesson learned.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Once the battery didn't work I would have done a charge back on my CC and send it back

You get your money back he gets his crap parts back

Done.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

That guy tried low balling me on my mr wheels I had a feeling about him
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:49 PM

I might not have REP or enough POSTS but I'm just letting yall know to be careful. Idk if I'll ever get my money back, but I rather it be me than many other EvoBros.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:42 AM

Ive actually bought stuff from that guy before and havent had any issues. Buying a used battery is kinda tricky if its been sitting on someones shelf. If someone can't tell you how long its been sitting there then i wouldnt buy it. If you cant get a battery back to life in 2 days with a trickle charger then you got yourself a dud.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you want to get his attention you might post a link to this thread in his current for sale thread. I would hope that the two of you could work something out.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

I had good luck with him to on a ETS FMIC.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor

I've done a ton of work for Ryan and has always been a very great guy to work with even as recent as 2 weeks ago. I let him know about this thread.

Quick Reply: Projektevo9, will not be reasonable