Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

pearldevo8 seems to may have vanished

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pearldevo8 seems to may have vanished

Purchased a used Magnus Intake manifold from pearldevo8 on Apr 9. After I paid, was told that the manifold was still on the car and would be coming off that Thurs or Friday, because the car was at Strictly Modified. Texted pearldevo8 about more parts received some pics, decided to wait on the manifold being ready before purchasing anything else. Communications were good...Waited a week, asked for an update....silence.....asked again.....got a response that it was still at strictly modified......Was told that he grabbed it on Apr 27 from Strictly Modified...On Apr 28, I asked if it would ship on 29 Apr.....answer yes.....Waited till after work to allow time to ship....asked for a tracking number......silence.....told him I need to hear from him in reference to the manifold......silence.......went to paypal to open a dispute.....paypal states that the seller can't be contacted or can't respond to the dispute and I needed to escalate it and let them look into it.....maybe he had something come up, but I have no way of knowing....I can just reference past experiences where similar things happened and it turned out to be a scam...maybe this isn't the case...but again how would l know.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 07:12 PM

we are speaking through phone right now? i did not have a chance to make it to the post today, as stated thru text it will go out tomarrow afternoon, you were also inquiring about a small batt. and
trey
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:26 AM

Received text last night around 10:30 stating that it will go out today 30 Apr. Standing by for tracking info and receipt of product. Will update this thread accordingly.

Last edited by topendusa; May 1, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old May 1, 2013, 01:43 PM

Still standing by for response on shipping and tracking info as of now.
Old May 1, 2013, 05:01 PM

Received a picture of the manifold via text yesterday, just to let me know that he had it and it was indeed in his possession. Texted this morning.....no response....Texted after work....no response.....Texted after gym....no response.....Called....no answer.....left a voice mail.....No idea if the thing has shipped as promised.....All I know at this point is my money has been paid as of 9 Apr....and I do not have the item yet....been promised that it would be shipped on two different days, but no confirmation yet.
Old May 1, 2013, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by topendusa
Received a picture of the manifold via text yesterday, just to let me know that he had it and it was indeed in his possession. Texted this morning.....no response....Texted after work....no response.....Texted after gym....no response.....Called....no answer.....left a voice mail.....No idea if the thing has shipped as promised.....All I know at this point is my money has been paid as of 9 Apr....and I do not have the item yet....been promised that it would be shipped on two different days, but no confirmation yet.
Did you use PayPal business transaction?

Check your PM and please call me I have dire info for you

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; May 1, 2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old May 2, 2013, 03:07 AM

Sure did. Thanks for the info.
Old May 2, 2013, 05:37 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
PM'd seller
Old May 4, 2013, 03:58 PM

No response still from pearldevo8 to date. I happen to believe karma is real and he'll know when it has come back for pay day.
Old May 4, 2013, 04:16 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
PM'd seller again. With this approaching a month, you may want to consider disputing it through paypal. You don't want to go past their acceptable time frame for disputing a purchase.
Old May 4, 2013, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
PM'd seller again. With this approaching a month, you may want to consider disputing it through paypal. You don't want to go past their acceptable time frame for disputing a purchase.
Thanks. I disputed it a few days ago. Paypal automatically escalated it to a claim, because the paypal email address he had was flagged. Assuming it is no longer valid. They are investigating. Will report findings once I have them.
Old May 8, 2013, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks. I disputed it a few days ago. Paypal automatically escalated it to a claim, because the paypal email address he had was flagged. Assuming it is no longer valid. They are investigating. Will report findings once I have them.
Paypal, will drag a little bit But Negitive his account. If he bailed on his account they will go after his bank Account or CC, ONce PP hits them, the financal insitution hits him and The FI will FEE him hard, and if he tries to bail on them his credit will be ****ED
Old May 8, 2013, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by blowngasket
Paypal, will drag a little bit But Negitive his account. If he bailed on his account they will go after his bank Account or CC, ONce PP hits them, the financal insitution hits him and The FI will FEE him hard, and if he tries to bail on them his credit will be ****ED
Good to know. Thanks. Hopefully things will pan out on my end. Things always catch up with people sooner or later.
Old May 9, 2013, 11:44 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I went through this with a 15 time loser
Paypal knew the situation about this guy before I even called, they were already onto him. They had it all solved withing 24 hours
Old May 10, 2013, 06:16 PM

Paypal sent me an email and they decided in my favor. They recovered the majority of my money. Less around $70, they said they will continue to pursue it.