Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Possible scammer ALERT! - lldaysidewayz

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:10 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible scammer ALERT! - lldaysidewayz

lldaysidewayz That guy tried to scam me for a evo 9 engine he states he has it he sent me pictures amd said turbo and all accessories are included and asked 1800 shipped. I tryed to pay him over paypal and he kept on making excuses that he has a government bank and they wont let him go through paypal. And he tried to make me give him my debit cards number and send him money through walmart. Also I told him to send me video of the engine to see if he has but he denied doing it got all offensive. And he also said to send him money in the mail. BE AWARE EVERYONE!!!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Amazing.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unfortunately there are lots of scammers on here, or at least compared to back in the days when I was on the mr2 forums. I don't know if its an evo owner thing or times changing.

Dude that's almost comical he asked for you to send money via walmart
Was he claiming to be a Nigerian Prince?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TommiM
Unfortunately there are lots of scammers on here, or at least compared to back in the days when I was on the mr2 forums. I don't know if its an evo owner thing or times changing.
I'm not sure how to read the above, but please note that the scammers don't actually own Evos. What we are seeing is a side-effect of there being lots of relatively young and (apologies in advance, folks) naive people who do own Evos. That's why we are attracting scammers.

With that said - to the few of you not annoyed enough at me to have moved on to a different thread - note that foums like this one is a good way to change things, so to I.B. for hosting it. If word gets out that we are on our toes, maybe the scammers will go back to hassling the Honduh Bois.