Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Buyer Beware --- QuickFlips issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Will do. Nothing from paypal as of yet. I will let you know when the money is back in the account.

Originally Posted by golgo13
OP please update this thread once you've received your refund and the dispute is resolved so we can lock this thread.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by quickflips
...committed part sale.
Bold and underline added to original.
Attached Thumbnails Buyer Beware --- QuickFlips issues-montoya.jpg  
Old Jul 22, 2013, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey All,

Please beware that Kamal, aka quickflips, is a known scammer. In fact, he has been banned from multiple car forums for scamming users out of money.

BC Coilover raffle was no scam. Winner (jerseygts) got his new coilovers and I personally helped with the install on them, while my own purchased set was still installed on my gts.
Is that what you told the 30+ people you promised to send lanyards/decals to for sending you money for your raffle? Because none of them ever received anything from you.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Just checked my Paypal again. Nothing no note nothing updated on the dispute so again i don't believe anything QuickFlips has posted.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 02:22 PM

BC Coilover raffle was no scam. Winner (jerseygts) got his new coilovers and I personally helped with the install on them, while my own purchased set was still installed on my gts.

I have already given my input to paypal in the dispute center, and buyer will be refunded his money for wheels and tires, as I got a local trade offer instead. Anyone that personally knows me, knows communicating with me via phone or email is hard, and I'm usually all over the place in NJ. Even Chaz can vouch for that, took an extra 3 weeks to actually meet up for a committed part sale.

Raffle? Could you please explain..? I've never heard of a "Raffle Winner" on a forum before.. I was under the impression, we were selling single items to single buyers.. Maybe I've just not been taking advantage of the system properly? Damn, all that extra cash I could have held onto would have been nice...
Old Jul 22, 2013, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by thedru13
Just checked my Paypal again. Nothing no note nothing updated on the dispute so again i don't believe anything QuickFlips has posted.
This is what my paypal has been showing for the past few days. They're still processing the refund.

Buyer Beware --- QuickFlips issues-vepbcp2.jpg
Old Jul 22, 2013, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by markspd6
Raffle? Could you please explain..? I've never heard of a "Raffle Winner" on a forum before.. I was under the impression, we were selling single items to single buyers.. Maybe I've just not been taking advantage of the system properly? Damn, all that extra cash I could have held onto would have been nice...
Long time ago, I won a set of coilovers from BC Racing. I put them up as a raffle since I already had mine. The raffled set was then sent to the winner and I helped him install them. Regardless, nothing that relates to this post in any matter.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 03:25 PM

Long time ago, I won a set of coilovers from BC Racing. I put them up as a raffle since I already had mine. The raffled set was then sent to the winner and I helped him install them. Regardless, nothing that relates to this post in any matter.
Actually you mentioned it, and its kind of important for anyone who might wanna buy from you in the future... A raffle is an oversell of a single item, like 50 guys pay $20 each and one guy gets the part, the other guys just lose $20 each... Then you get the $1k, that doesnt sound remotely correct for a forum.. Maybe you could elaborate? As i woudlnt wanna buy into a raffle by accident...

Or did you mean to say auction? Cuz a "raffle" sounds like a pure scam.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 04:11 PM

Yes thats the point of a raffle. I had an extra set of coils. Instead of selling them I charged $35 a ticket. So the winner got a set of new bc coils for $35 instead of what I would have sold them which would have been much more.

The wheels were not posted as a raffle, nor has anything else I've sold. Paypal is working on the refund for these already. And my paypal balance is showing zero instead of the 1067 from the sale, so it should show up in op's account soon.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 04:57 PM

Being as I am the moderator for the forum Kamal scammed and know him personally ,
He is a scammer ,you fooled even me
I also know jerseygts , and last we talked he did not receive the coilovers .
he will get what he deserves
Old Jul 22, 2013, 05:12 PM

Alex has the coils on his car since august. I know this because we installed them the weekend before my birthday.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 05:36 PM

Yes thats the point of a raffle. I had an extra set of coils. Instead of selling them I charged $35 a ticket. So the winner got a set of new bc coils for $35 instead of what I would have sold them which would have been much more.

The wheels were not posted as a raffle, nor has anything else I've sold. Paypal is working on the refund for these already. And my paypal balance is showing zero instead of the 1067 from the sale, so it should show up in op's account soon.

Ok, fair enough. I suppose if evryone involved knows the score, a raffle might work.. But, I didn't think any legit forum would allow that? Seems like a lot of room for scamming and issues of legitimacy from the guys involved.. But, it's your deal.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 05:50 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
A raffle would not fly on EvoM unless it was being hosted by Internet Brands.

Old Jul 22, 2013, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

He still should be banned. It's BS that he would be allowed to sell again on this forum. I had to go after him for this not like he was a stand up guy and contacted us to say he was backing out of the deal.

Owning my own forum as well he should be Ip banned.

I mean come on least an apology.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 07:27 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
We're not going to ban someone because of miscommunication.

Criminal evidence is something else altogether.

Do you have any? Until you know 100% that you have been scammed or there is proof that a crime has been committed we don't ban on hearsay, hunches or assumptions.

Was the transaction done in bad form? Possibly, but a ban? That's a bit excessive. This thread will of course remain so other EvoM members can see the outcome and make an intelligent decision to do business with quickflips.

Thanks for understanding.

Last edited by golgo13; Jul 22, 2013 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware --- QuickFlips issues