Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Jetfixrguy is a complete scam artist and bold faced liar.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Migsubishi
Brian lives in Clearwater now? I thought he lived in Spring Hill and worked at the airport off of US 41. I ask this because I live in Clearwater and go to school for the same thing but haven't yet seen or ran into him. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
You know what, you're absolutely right. I was mistaken, and will update the OP.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 05:53 PM

Very sorry to hear this, humans can be devious creatures. I ran into one back in 07, very similar with tbe bold lies and misleads I was out complelty 20k trust in karma though. I havent had an evo since till now. I purchased a built evo sight unseen for 27000. Im currently in Afghanistan. My past did not ruin my trust in others. This time it worked out and car is everything hoped to be. It was purchased here on evom. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ar-750whp.html just sharing this because I know how it feels, but good people are still out there. Hope you can get it running the way it should so it will be your dream car.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 08:10 PM

I believe I bought MacMan's original motor from his totaled Evo from Jetfixr also. He had it advertised as a 50k virgin motor, never tinkered with.

Long story short, I went and looked at the motor in person. Besides some of the exhaust valves looking like they had seen better days, the longblocked seemed in good shape. I have built 9 4G63 engines so far, so I have a pretty good eye for these things.

When I got it to the house and started cleaning it up I noticed black paint coming off the block. Upon closer inspection there was a broken "ear" on the block that had been welded back on. Of course it was too late at this point. I knew I had been had. I let Brian know about it and of course he "had no idea".

Same thing went for a pair of Evo8 front seats I bought from him. They were in perfect shape and then came to me with a cigarette burn it and a little more worn than I would have liked.

Long story short the engine is in my Evo and I'm praying the ear doesn't break back off.

I would avoid the guy, honestly.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 92 GSR-4
I believe I bought MacMan's original motor from his totaled Evo from Jetfixr also. He had it advertised as a 50k virgin motor, never tinkered with.

Long story short, I went and looked at the motor in person. Besides some of the exhaust valves looking like they had seen better days, the longblocked seemed in good shape. I have built 9 4G63 engines so far, so I have a pretty good eye for these things.

When I got it to the house and started cleaning it up I noticed black paint coming off the block. Upon closer inspection there was a broken "ear" on the block that had been welded back on. Of course it was too late at this point. I knew I had been had. I let Brian know about it and of course he "had no idea".

Same thing went for a pair of Evo8 front seats I bought from him. They were in perfect shape and then came to me with a cigarette burn it and a little more worn than I would have liked.

Long story short the engine is in my Evo and I'm praying the ear doesn't break back off.

I would avoid the guy, honestly.
Thank you very much for speaking up, I knew you existed but deleted all my pm's from months ago and could not for the LIFE of me remember who it was. I more than anyone feels your pain.... that motor had nearly 120k miles on it before i totaled the car. I had from 400whp-600whp in it's life of 4 years with me (all on stock internals) treated the motor well, never launched the car. But it was NO where near a virgin, she had been ripped wide open for quite some time.

Last edited by MacMan; Apr 24, 2014 at 05:17 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 05:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stuckintheruff
Very sorry to hear this, humans can be devious creatures. I ran into one back in 07, very similar with tbe bold lies and misleads I was out complelty 20k trust in karma though. I havent had an evo since till now. I purchased a built evo sight unseen for 27000. Im currently in Afghanistan. My past did not ruin my trust in others. This time it worked out and car is everything hoped to be. It was purchased here on evom. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ar-750whp.html just sharing this because I know how it feels, but good people are still out there. Hope you can get it running the way it should so it will be your dream car.
I assembled everything last night, nothing left but suspension and small stuff. This weekend I should be posting her first REAL start up vid. Also, thank you for sharing your experience... I have since jetfixrguy bought about 8 things onine and none of them were bad people... got exactly what they said, when they said, how they said I'd get it.

I think the biggest thing to me was he could have been honest with me... I even said to him " I'm already 11 hours here, the car is coming with me. PLEASE, just let me know if there is anything going on with the car I need to be aware of and lookout for. " He already had my money, car, and we were putting his on my trailer. AND IF he would have told me EVERYTHING that was wrong with the car, I probably would have asked for a better price true.... but the car was coming with me. I hadn't driven all that way for nothing. I would have come home KNOWING what the issues were, fixed them immediately without having to FIND them all first on my own, and been done and happy with the car ages ago instead of just now 8 months later.

Last edited by MacMan; Apr 24, 2014 at 05:15 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 09:56 AM

MacMan,

I'm sorry this happened to you. I know it hurt me a little, but I had the money for a total rebuild anyway. I thought buying a longblock would save me some time.

I only used the shortblock. After I found the repair was made on the block I was very suspicous of the guy and decided to pull the head. The head was okay but one of the valve stems was chipped at the very top of the stem. So right now I have a good core head sitting on the shelf. I replaced it with a built/ported head that I had from the previous motor in the car.

The entire engine got all new gaskets, new ported IM, FP exhaust manifold and an FP Green. I am happy with the build so far, and as long as the block holds up it will be fine.

Long story short - Always be suspicious of someone selling you their used parts (turbos and engines especially). Always know that they will try not to mention the bad things and in the case of Brian Norton, they will go out of their way to deceive you and mislead you on the condition of their stuff.

Brian Norton apparently has no morals or integrity. In our case, we ended up with the better end of the deal. He might be rolling around in a C6 vette now, but when his children look into his eyes they are looking at a man with no integrity and who is a liar and thief. I sleep pretty soundly except when my 4-month-old wakes me up in the middle of the night. I go out of my way to help people, mostly in the DSM community where my heart lies.

So I'm good. If the motor doesn't hold up I'll figure something else out.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:16 AM

Crazy to read this thread I purchased a few oil cooler lines from him from a thread awhile back and they took a few days longer than they should have but did arrive in good condition as promised. We all take risks when we buy stuff used/cheaper than new and it sucks that sometimes these things dont work out and its our own people in our own community that get over on us. You seem to have a handle on things so thats the silver lining. Keep up the hard work man. Mods I wish had more control over these things
Old Apr 24, 2014, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by norcalbmxxx
Crazy to read this thread I purchased a few oil cooler lines from him from a thread awhile back and they took a few days longer than they should have but did arrive in good condition as promised. We all take risks when we buy stuff used/cheaper than new and it sucks that sometimes these things dont work out and its our own people in our own community that get over on us. You seem to have a handle on things so thats the silver lining. Keep up the hard work man. Mods I wish had more control over these things
Thanks bud for the kind words.

Originally Posted by 92 GSR-4
MacMan,

I'm sorry this happened to you. I know it hurt me a little, but I had the money for a total rebuild anyway. I thought buying a longblock would save me some time.

I only used the shortblock. After I found the repair was made on the block I was very suspicous of the guy and decided to pull the head. The head was okay but one of the valve stems was chipped at the very top of the stem. So right now I have a good core head sitting on the shelf. I replaced it with a built/ported head that I had from the previous motor in the car.

The entire engine got all new gaskets, new ported IM, FP exhaust manifold and an FP Green. I am happy with the build so far, and as long as the block holds up it will be fine.

Long story short - Always be suspicious of someone selling you their used parts (turbos and engines especially). Always know that they will try not to mention the bad things and in the case of Brian Norton, they will go out of their way to deceive you and mislead you on the condition of their stuff.

Brian Norton apparently has no morals or integrity. In our case, we ended up with the better end of the deal. He might be rolling around in a C6 vette now, but when his children look into his eyes they are looking at a man with no integrity and who is a liar and thief. I sleep pretty soundly except when my 4-month-old wakes me up in the middle of the night. I go out of my way to help people, mostly in the DSM community where my heart lies.

So I'm good. If the motor doesn't hold up I'll figure something else out.
VERY well put.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 01:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
EDITED because im lost now.

Brian is this the same engine R** helped you tune or is this a new engine? Because you know what I told you about that rom.

Last edited by tscompusa; Apr 25, 2014 at 03:41 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 02:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MacMan
IN regard to the tune.... looking through your history YET AGAIN... it appears you and Tom didn't spend much time on your 93 tune did you? Stopped pretty abruptly and went to e85 right? 93oct wasn't playing very nice... his and your own words in your own old threads right?

But didn't you have 93oct in the car when I picked it up AND running 32lbs of boost on a 6466 in Florida on a 10.5:1 compression motor? So how long had you driven the car on a semi tune? Don't think that was when you busted the skirt of the hardest piston on planet earth? Nah, I'm sure I did it once I got it home right?
Hey Dan.

So august of 2013 you've been fighting with this car? That's the last time you emailed me.

Right when you got it, the turbo was bad since i remember you telling me and i told you it blew it 2x before that.

Also it killed 2 knock sensors or so to my knowledge. I cant remember. Maybe some sort of an electrical gremlin?

Also looking at the rom now the fuel system seems weak based on the values in the rom, so feel free to email me if you plan on getting this car back up and running and want to make sure everything is 100% i will try to help the best i can since i tuned it prior and have some data/info i could assist you with.

Thats interesting it had a cracked piston. How did it withstand 45psi+? i have logs over here with 45psi making about 800whp.

So the piston being damaged is why it was killing turbos?

Either way Brian was a very good customer and seemed very genuine to me and seemed like a meticulous person.

The car was set to wastegate pressure on 93oct. It looked to be 26-27psi and after 7K it had an uncontrollable creep due to wastegate spring pressure id imagine.

That all said, the car never detonated with my tune on 93. i have all the logs still here yet.

Now did you ever try to tune this yourself? because your emails back in august suggest you definitely were about to. You told me you were gonna run a certain degree of timing and i advised you to be careful and if put in the wrong RPM can pop the car with ease.

Also you were having trouble understanding the boost control on the vehicle. I have our full email conversation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:25 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To: "tom@tscomptuned.net" <sales@tscomptuned.net>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Subject: Re: macman from forum with brian's 2.4lr and 6466
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> They repaired the turbo free of charge. Spoolin up fixed the bad coil and harness nearly free too. Wonder how you guys ever tuned the car being that the o2 sensor was wired in upside down???
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>>> Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 5:14 PM
>>>>> To: "tom@tscomptuned.net" <sales@tscomptuned.net>
>>>>> Subject: Re: macman from forum with brian's 2.4lr and 6466
>>>>>
>>>>>> In the end, the Evo had a bad cam position sensor. now I can FINALLY start to retune her this week.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Sent from my iPhone
Little help with this hybrid boost? Was over boosting like crazy so tried turning MBC down all the way... Did nothing. Lowered tables in tune, still over boosting. Explain the setup briefly to me if you wouldn't mind?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 28, 2013, at 6:50 AM, "tom@tscomptuned.net" <sales@tscomptuned.net> wrote:
Was this with e85 or 93?

Btw I did not read this entire thread or your posts, only the part where I was mentioned.

My only question is, i think you said in this thread it was smoking. So im curious why you would send me the emails you did boosting the car if it was smoking?

If my car was smoking i certainly wouldn't be taking it out and boosting it.

Again i didnt read this full thread so what happened to you may be worse then I am aware of. Frankly its not my business its between you two guys, but i am willing to give you some sound advise
or data to help your new build go 100% clean with no surprises! Good luck with the car and im sorry you had to go through everything you did just to get it back to normal again.

Last edited by tscompusa; Apr 25, 2014 at 02:46 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 03:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MacMan
Let's talk about what was really happening with the car. The car had a cracked piston the entire time. I went and did some research in his old threads and found where he had it tuned and was experiencing some "phantom knock". I also talked to Tom (tscomp) about his experience, and was told that the car was having weird smoking issues the entire time and he kept having to postpone tuning so a new turbo could be installed.
I never mentioned anything about smoke to you. I only told you he killed I think two turbos as i was tuning it! Which is for sure not normal!

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 7:04 PM
To: "tom@tscomptuned.net" <sales@tscomptuned.net>
Subject: Re: macman from forum with brian's 2.4lr and 6466

> With it blowing the seals at 90 days, I'm thinking excessive pressure
> causing it not to drain from turbo? Using aircraft lines everywhere on the
> car, including the oil return line, all lines with AN fittings.
> Compression is 200-200-195-200. Didn't do a leakdown with compression
> being so good. Only smoking at idle and partial throttle. Turbo is gone,
> but I HAVE to figure out why. Was smoking from dip stick when I pulled it
> running, filler cap too with enough pressure to make it dance when
> unscrewed.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
how did that engine have perfect compression almost with a piston like pictured in your image?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
I never mentioned anything about smoke to you. I only told you he killed I think two turbos as i was tuning it! Which is for sure not normal!

how did that engine have perfect compression almost with a piston like pictured in your image?
Honestly Tom from all the evidence he brought to the table and the mismatch story , and through his prior posts , looks like he changed the setup a couple times and retuned it and blew the motor. Then since he was having on going issue with the car, blamed the engine failure on the previous owner.
The trans problem was a known issue that was disclosed to him.
Other odds and ends could have been oversight..

How the car was tuned to perfection with the o2 wrong ? Seems fishy

There's more to this story then what is brought to light.

You posted the car for sale a couple months ago claiming 800whp with a 6266 on it and reason for sale was you had some things in life that you had to take care of.
We're you attempting to "scam" someone dumping a car onto them?

That's what your against and making this thread about...

So the car had to be in good shape or this would make you the same type of person your trying to warn people of..

So the car was running properly up to that point. You even posted a video in your sale thread on dec 13 with the car idling, stating no smoking and that the motor is nice https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sale-cars-sale/677701-fs-fl-2003-tb-evo-8-fully-built-documented-20k.html

How you managed more power from a smaller turbo is another thing that amazes me.

I don't believe Tom was in on that tune was he?....

Let's just say numerous people have been around to see how that engine originally performed and I personally saw the compression numbers of that engine prior to it leaving Brian Norton's house.
Made a solid 210 across the board.

That car was an animal.. I don't know what happened after macman took possession after ward.

I'm sorry you have had so many issues with the car but I drove that car a couple times to see how I would like going 2.4

The car drove amazing. Made my 2.0 seem lame.

Macman
You may have a personal issue with Mr. Norton .
To me and plenty others
He's always been more than stand up. He would pull the shirt off his back for people.

It's unfortunate that something like this had to come about.

*** please note. I have no intentions of forming arguments . This dealing has nothing to do with me.
It's between macman and jetfixrguy.
I'm just a confused bystander looking into this situation.. some things aren't adding up..

Once Again. It's your deal, and I wish you
Good luck with the car

Last edited by danameisoj; Apr 26, 2014 at 04:43 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
The above post is very incorrect. That's as far as I will go on this.

Last edited by Migsubishi; Apr 27, 2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

well, congrats on the completion of the build! i was screwed out of my evo when i first bought it. Drove 8 hours to Los Angeles from northern CA, all to have my clutch give out on me the very next day..
wish i had known about evoM when i purchased the car.. would have saved me a lot of money

Enjoy!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Migsubishi
The above post is very incorrect. That's as far as I will go on this.
Incorrect or not. End game is ..the engine blew 8 months after purchase.
With a sub 800awhp car anything as stupid as bad fuel could end the engines life in a heartbeat

Possibilities are endless on potential failures..

It's a shame the engine went but it's on the right track to being a street sweeper again

Quick Reply: Jetfixrguy is a complete scam artist and bold faced liar.