Jetfixrguy is a complete scam artist and bold faced liar. - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > EvoM Forums > Member Unresolved Disputes
Reload this Page >

Jetfixrguy is a complete scam artist and bold faced liar.

Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Jetfixrguy is a complete scam artist and bold faced liar.

Old Apr 16, 2014, 02:44 PM
  #1  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
MacMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jetfixrguy is a complete scam artist and bold faced liar.

** THIS THREAD IS TO INFORM YOU GUYS ABOUT A BAD PERSON. I KNOW YOU'LL FEEL MY PAIN IN THE END OF THE STORY, BUT DON'T REPLY WITH ANYMORE AWW MAN I'M SORRYS. THANKS FOR THE LOVE, BUT WE DON'T WANT TO FILL THIS UP WITH SORROW, ONLY INFO. THANKS BROS.


He listed a car for sale, here's the link
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...nice-fast.html

You'll notice how highly he speaks of the car in this thread, and I quote.

"I would not hesitate to drive this car anywhere. Seriously fly here I'll pick you up and you drive home."

I drove 11 hours to pick up this pile of **** from this him at midnight. The car started, and he took us for a round the block drive. I didn't see any immediate problems, except i noticed the afr's were swinging rich.Thinking back now, his response then was "huh I'll have to talk to Tom, it's never done that before" I should have known right then that something was amiss in hindsight. Nevertheless we loaded the car on the trailer and hauled it another 11 hours back home.

As we traveled home in the rain, I noticed on the paperwork that he'd owned this car for over 2 years.... but the odometer had only moved 2,100 miles. This concerned me for someone who said they drove it all the time, but I didn't think too much about it.

Now we're back home, go to get the car off the trailer and it wouldn't start. Hmmm... that's weird, is it low on gas? No
Check the obvious and look for a vacuum leak or loose connection.

I call the jetrixrguy, who will still answer his phone at this point, to ask if this was something that he experienced often, and if so, if he knew the cause. Again, we hadn't even taken the car off the trailer from the trip.

He tells me he's never had that issue before, couldn't imagine what it could be.

We roll the car off the trailer and start diagnostics. The COP looked a little funny, so we took it off.... to find standing water in the spark plug tubes. He had "fabbed" up a homemade plate to hold his homemade COP kit that he CALLED a spookin up kit in his sale add..... which later was laughed at by the owner of Spoolin up. It was roughly the same shape as the one from a true kit, but it had zero rubber seals underneath and water literally poured in. two of the 4 coil plastic bases had broken half moon shapes gone which also helped the water in. 2 of the 4 wiring bundles had bare exposed wire corroding wire, that he also "fabbed" himself.

Took all day to clear the water.

This would be a good time to tell you what was paid for this car.

I had just wrecked another 03 Evo. It was my baby, I had but 4 years of my life into that car. It was a true Wednesday Evo that NEVER gave me any issues. I had a check for 14k, and my "totaled" Evo which still had roughly 10k in value in parts. IT hit a guardrail in front and back, but minus the front and rear quarter panel... everything was intact and good. I gave him the check and the wrecked Evo for this car, under the assumption of course that I wouldn't have to build another car. I call and tell him that I do not want this piece of ****, that I'd be returning the 11 hours BACK to tampa and be returning his car.
He tells me, well the deal is done. And you told me this car had a good engine, but there is a crack and hangs up. I have to this day never heard his voice again. But this "ruined" engine will come back up in the future.

I have however heard another voice since then.

A local member to him messaged me asking about the shortblock he just bought from Jetfixrguy. Asking all kinds of questions about it's history, ect. It was the shortblock out of my wrecked Evo. BUT BUT BUT, jetfixrguy, you told me that the block was ruined? that I SWINDLED YOU somehow right~!?~??~?~

After sending the "kit" to Spooin up to be inspected and afterwards completely replaced, magically the car starts. Yaaaaaaaaay right? No more problems right?
not a chance.

Once the car started, I noticed it was smoking under idle. Strange, I'm sure it's just a little burn off crap and it'll stop, let's go for a quick ride in my "new" "dream" car.

Car smokes uncontrollably. Start a 2 week adventure wondering if the turbo was bad, as it was pushing oil out the seal and working with Dennis the service manager at Precision. Come to find out from Dennis that Precision had already been a big player in the course of this "build's" life. For some "unknown" reason, brand new 6466 turbos kept dying within 30 days of each other, FOUR TIMES IN 4 MONTHS~~~!!!! Of course Dennis said Brian Norton blamed precision non stop for the failures, and would never even consider another REAL source of the oil blowing by and oil loss ( about half a quart every 3 [email protected]!) They got so fed up with him after the 3rd repair that they sent him a brand new 6466 ( the one that came on the ca) The last instance literally finished and he put the car up for sale.

Moving on, in his for sale ad he says... "every once in a while I have an issue getting into third"

The car would not shift into 2nd or 3rd OR 4th 85% OF THE TIME!!

So you guessed it, time to drop the trany and see what's going on.

Instead of a suspenseful tale I'll just cut straight to the problem.... jetfixrguy aka BRIAN NORTON only felt like using one of the VERY CRUCIAL two dowel pins aligning the trans to the block. A whole $2.13 piece from the stealership.

Pic of pieces of synchro literally fall out once removed.



Parts that had to be replaced... and some reassembly once fixed.








Because of this "slight" oversight, the synchros for 2nd 3rd and 4th were ground to next to nothing. the exedy triple that only had 2k miles on it.... COMPLETELY DESTROYED. almost 70 thou of runout on the pressure plate. Complete uneven wear on the discs. Teeth on the center piece were ground down too. I had to work with Evan at Exedy to completely rebuild the triple. Worked with Jack's trans to get the trans rebuilt.

OK, no more problems now right? I've fixed everything wrong now over a month and a half into owning a car that I've barely gotten down the driveway.
Not a chance.

Let's talk about what was really happening with the car. The car had a cracked piston the entire time. I went and did some research in his old threads and found where he had it tuned and was experiencing some "phantom knock". I also talked to Tom (tscomp) about his experience, and was told that the car was having weird smoking issues the entire time and he kept having to postpone tuning so a new turbo could be installed.



You'll notice he changed his post as not to be found out later.

he had no phantom knock, it had a cracked piston. he was consuming enormous amounts of oil then which is why it only had 2k miles on a build over 2 years old. But he told me it's dry as it can be, doesn't lose a drop.

Moving on, let's talk about his lies in the description of the head. Claimed it had dual springs and retainer and Ferrea stainless stock sized valves.

Hmmmm..... Looks like singles to me, and those stainless valves sure do look like stock nitrided to me... don't they to you???





of course they are stock valves. -_-

Or how about his excellent choice to use 10 of one height oem lifter and 6 of a different height itm lifters in the head~~?~? probably just another "judgement" call.




To top it ALL off.... this GUY has the audacity to smirk in the bad reseller rating he leaves me and says... "Hey, thanks for paying for my c6z." for a nice token of his true colors.




I honestly could go on for paragraphs more, it's just time to leave from work and I've already dedicated the last 6 months of my life to this guy and his mistakes. Not going to do that anymore.

Last edited by MacMan; Apr 19, 2014 at 07:18 AM. Reason: fixed to comply with rules
MacMan is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2014, 03:28 PM
  #2  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (56)
 
Jetfixrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida 34609
Posts: 138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I sold you the car because my build was complete and over, I made the power I wanted to make and I was ready for the next build as thats what I do. Build cars reach a goal and sell and repeat. I had a lot of money in the evo and saved a lot by doing the work myself as it's hard to trust some shops out there. Plus I like to tinker.

Strange how the car drove and pulled before it was in your possession. My car had 2000 miles on it and the build took so long because of the costs and time with work. Not because I wasn't driving it. It was down for the long build. When the build was finished I drove it until you picked it up. I also continued to help you when you received the car as I honestly didn't know what the issue was and felt bad. You blamed the tune because you are a "tuner" and I had it tuned by a well known tuner who helped you out of good faith for me. He didn't have to do that but he did for me. After you blamed the tune I knew you would be a problem.

The phantom knock post was edited to show what the issue was, not to hide anything. I was chasing it in my previous engine and I reused the factory knock sensor. I wanted people to know what the issue was. It was a bad knock sensor. I don't buy the cracked piston one bit. It was tuned to perfection and made great power. Let me see 10.5:1 compression at 44# making 770whp with a cracked piston. Yeah right!

The cylinder head was off my previous motor and I had receipts for the head build as well as a Ferarra box with the old parts In it. It was milled by a very reputable cylinder head guy and had confirmed the valves as he removed them for head work. Same for springs, etc.

The coil on plug kit was bought used and i was told that it was a spoolin up kit, it came the way you saw it, I did wire it and I KNOW the wiring was new and spot on. As It worked fine making the power it did.

The lifters were split evenly per intake and exhaust. Half were replaced because I didn't trust them because they were hard to bleed and only bought the same number amount because the others were still serviceable.

The transmission was disclosed that it was intermittent going into one gear, I never had any other issues with it and discounted the car because of that. I installed the trans and adjusted the clutch with the help of a VERY knowledgable technician and the dowels and all hardware were correct and present knowing the power I was going to make.

The first turbo I had was bought new in the box from a local shop, it was installed and the turbine housing bolts backed out due to an imbalance with the wheel. It was sent back to precision and replaced under warranty with a serviceable unit not a NEW unit. With that turbo The housing seal was bypassing small amount of oil that was confirmed by the manager. He then sent me a new turbo and apologized. I never had a problem after that. Dennis at precision was very nice and was always accommodating.

And as far as my comment " thanks for helping me pay for my C6Z" was a reply back to you threatening me to wait I have something coming. I take mine and my families safety VERY serious.

And go ahead I don't care about you telling people my name, I have nothing to hide. I have nothing to prove to you. I hope people think twice before dealing with you. That is all.

Last edited by Nsomniac; Apr 17, 2014 at 01:03 PM.
Jetfixrguy is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2014, 03:47 PM
  #3  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
MacMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Le sigh.... still living this nightmare. I private messaged you AFTER the rating..... Here ya go sir....



Reseller rating received on April 13th, 8:24am from jetfixrguy. ooops. another lie caught up, but but but... I thought your "thanks for paying for my next blunder" comment was in response to my "threat" right? How threatening does that above comment look to anyone else? Comically, MINE was a response to YOUR comments.... left in the ridiculous rating that I had no idea what I was talking about. Also, that admin would very soon remove your defamatory untrue rating as you have no leg to stand on. How is it I was a bad BUYER again? Were you not OVERLY paid promtly? Oh yea, it's because I said I could write a novel on your bad review.... which is why you left me a bad rating in the first place like a 6 year old retaliating. The fact that you even showed face and tried to muster some half *** response as if to save face infront of the community with HARD EARNED evidence against you shows how your own comments.... how did you put it? Immaturity and defamatory ring a bell to me. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa they pretty much some you up. With a side of thief, con, and a dash of liar.

F.Y.I.....your surprise was going to be that I FINALLY fixed your error ridden piece of **** and was going to have a nice build thread about it. Up until your ridiculous reseller rating, I hadn't even put you on blast AND hadn't planned to.

You don't buy the cracked piston? lol, I'm sure that was done by me right? You're amazing









Please excuse the mess, it's been my $200 ash tray for some time. Since you never could muster the intellect to figure out why your car kept losing oil.... here it is sport.


IN regard to the tune.... looking through your history YET AGAIN... it appears you and Tom didn't spend much time on your 93 tune did you? Stopped pretty abruptly and went to e85 right? 93oct wasn't playing very nice... his and your own words in your own old threads right?

But didn't you have 93oct in the car when I picked it up AND running 32lbs of boost on a 6466 in Florida on a 10.5:1 compression motor? So how long had you driven the car on a semi tune? Don't think that was when you busted the skirt of the hardest piston on planet earth? Nah, I'm sure I did it once I got it home right?

The owner of Spoolin up can confirm every single word said about your cop kit sir. Here's what it looked like when we finished it PROPERLY.



At least you admit to the lifters issue, although your math skills are off. So having different height lifters in the head aren't going to cause some issues huh? Is that your jet mechanic diagnosis?

Again, Dennis at precision can confirm EVERY word about your 4 turbo returns in 4 months sir. And that you battled smoke and oil blow by the entire time. I also have the receipt that shows your last episode was less than 20 days before putting the car up for sale. Sounds like you really believed in your car brother.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND Evan @ Exedy can confirm you destroyed your clutch and trans, again the proof is in the pudding. YOu think I rebuilt a triple disc clutch and trans for fun? or because I didn't need to? NO, I'm sure that was my doing right? YOU DIDN'T USE THE SECOND DOWEL BUDDY. it's simple, as a matter of FACT... I have the picture from that day on my phone because I couldn't believe that someonewould not use both dowels. How can you throw something together so haphazardly that you forget 1 of only 2 dowels man? AND why couldn't you figure that out sooner. Hmmmmmmmmm.... leaves me to wonder right?

Pic of day when trans removed for repairs... notice anything missing from the front of the block side?



also, what do you propose? So you had NO KNOWLEDGE that the head in the car, that you say came off of another build of yours.... has single springs and retainers, and weirdly has stock Evo 8 valves. But you say the head came from another build right? Strange No NO.... I'm sure I swapped out the dual springs and opted for stock valves instead of your nice Ferrea ones right? Have you ever told a lie for so long that YOU actually start believing it yourself? IT's pretty obvious you have.

Lastly I'm sure you don't mind me telling everyone about you. I've noticed you've completely disappeared from the site since.... what a surprise you sold me this crap bucket. Hey, haven't you been selling off all the stuff from my wrecked Evo? Isn't it strange that you haven't sold any of that here? And I notice you didn't DARE try to cover up that you sold the shortblock out of that car that was " completely destroyed" in your reasoning and short lived "tech sessions" for your beloved car. Which btw...

I'm only in about 1k out of pocket since I was able to sell off good parts and replace with something else to fund fixing most of your screw ups. Thank GOD I can actually competently complete the tasks you so miserably failed at and in about 10 days... will actually get to daily drive this beautiful car with a proper functional built motor, properly aligned trans and block, pristine Exedy Triple, and every other NEW REPLACED DAMN PART ON THIS CAR peacefully. Something you and I BOTH know you never got to do with the stroker. You put all that money in man, buying quality parts.... just to throw it all together like a cave man.

Last edited by MacMan; Apr 17, 2014 at 07:49 PM.
MacMan is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2014, 06:44 PM
  #4  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (38)
 
Migsubishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa bay area
Posts: 1,490
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Holy crap, so sorry man
Migsubishi is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2014, 09:05 PM
  #5  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jbenosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 289
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wow, sorry to hear about this.
jbenosa is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:14 PM
  #6  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 188
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
i shake my head at the dishonesty of some people
Kada__85 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2014, 05:56 AM
  #7  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
MacMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Migsubishi View Post
Holy crap, so sorry man
Me too, I hate losing all this time. BUT in the end, GOOD will prevail.

Originally Posted by jbenosa View Post
wow, sorry to hear about this.
Thanks bud.

Originally Posted by Kada__85 View Post
i shake my head at the dishonesty of some people
agreed. just tell every person who'll listen about jetfixrguy BRIAN NORTON
MacMan is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2014, 06:28 AM
  #8  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
MacMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
up
MacMan is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2014, 06:43 AM
  #9  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (6)
 
XSilverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MA
Posts: 335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
damn lol
XSilverJ is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2014, 08:58 AM
  #10  
Evolved Member
 
Bhsj13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 1,273
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
wow.... that is why ill never buy a so called "built" evo. i just don't trust it. people can be thieves..... sorry about your luck i hope you get it sorted out. start a Rebuild thread.
Bhsj13 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:21 PM
  #11  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Arizona...Hot!
Posts: 486
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wow what an unbelievable nightmare man...Real sad to have such lairs on here. I'm glad I read your thread though!

Very sorry!

BMH
bluepeartype-s is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:44 PM
  #12  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Ev0ikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 3rd Rock {from = sun}
Posts: 3,666
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Sorry to see that crap being pawned off as "built" engine.
Karma will get you Mr.Fixr!
Ev0ikon is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:53 PM
  #13  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
MacMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ev0ikon View Post
Sorry to see that crap being pawned off as "built" engine.
Karma will get you Mr.Fixr!
I know right. I wasn't kidding at ALL about the list goes on and on.

The o2 sensor was SOMEHOW wired in upside down in the connector on the ecu side and didn't work properly... that's what the fluctuating afr's were. Took me FOREVER to find that mistake.

because the turbo was blowing so much oil, the map sensor was only partially functional.

When I removed the head during disassembly, a piece of what looked like rubber sealant about 4 inches long and about as wide as a french fry came falling out of one of the coolant passages. Wonder what wasn't getting what it needed?

The head has had a total of .045!!!!!!!!!!!! taken off in it's life span. Mitsubishi says spec is like .008... I would say .015 is more like the service limit before different head gaskets are needed. He used a 1mm thick gasket. Even with the 1.5mm cosworth I have now it just BARELY gets it back to a someone stockish clearance.

The "not cheap" paint job is peeling literally EVERYWHERE and they didn't sand or prime the car before painting.... so it's popping red out of the black.

on and on and on and on and on and on.............


BUT HEY.... buyers beware, you've been warned remember??
MacMan is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2014, 07:00 PM
  #14  
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Why does it seem that almost everything done in Tampa is done incorrectly? They really need to start testing that water supply for traces of dextromethorphan.
NFSLancerRA is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2014, 07:05 PM
  #15  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
MacMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA View Post
Why does it seem that almost everything done in Tampa is done incorrectly? They really need to start testing that water supply for traces of dextromethorphan.
well I don't know about everyone there, but from my PERSONAL experience with that place and it's locals.... agreed 150%

Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s View Post
Wow what an unbelievable nightmare man...Real sad to have such lairs on here. I'm glad I read your thread though!

Very sorry!

BMH
Thanks bud, it's ALMOST over now. I'm glad to let everyone know what kind of crooks to watch out for.

Originally Posted by XSilverJ View Post
damn lol
-_-

Originally Posted by Bhsj13 View Post
wow.... that is why ill never buy a so called "built" evo. i just don't trust it. people can be thieves..... sorry about your luck i hope you get it sorted out. start a Rebuild thread.
The build thread will be up within 14 days if my work schedule allows for it. A PROPER BUILD thread. Not some hackjob.
MacMan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jetfixrguy is a complete scam artist and bold faced liar.


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.