Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Midnight ride...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2003, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by veritech137

For one, it's tenths not hundreths. Go back to fifth grade!!!!

Man I did even more research, as you suggested, and I found that stock MX6's run 15.1's to 15.4's, aged 11 years. That is a difference of .8 to .5 sec over when yours was new. Thanks, I would have never known.

How old are you anyway?
whats it matter how old i am? im 25 how old are you? Second its nice to sit here and quote figures from a magazine with professional driver, but the real question is what are your times in the 1/4? cause i know mine and got the slips to prove it.

cheers
Old Jun 28, 2003, 04:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Plastik Devil

whats it matter how old i am? im 25 how old are you? Second its nice to sit here and quote figures from a magazine with professional driver, but the real question is what are your times in the 1/4? cause i know mine and got the slips to prove it.

cheers
First off, I didn't quote from a magazine. The results I got were from regular people just like the ones on this site. I wish I could go to a track, but the closest one is 2 hrs. away so I do not have a 1/4 mile time of my own. There also aren't any flat straightaways to race on to get a time. One last thing, it sucks cause street racing penalty here in that your license is taken away for 3 years and your car is taken away as well.
Old Jun 28, 2003, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by veritech137

First off, I didn't quote from a magazine. The results I got were from regular people just like the ones on this site. I wish I could go to a track, but the closest one is 2 hrs. away so I do not have a 1/4 mile time of my own. There also aren't any flat straightaways to race on to get a time. One last thing, it sucks cause street racing penalty here in that your license is taken away for 3 years and your car is taken away as well.
yeah i know the penalties for street racing. they suck but so does street racing. The closest track to me is 1 1/2 hours away, but i go so i can say with out a doubt my car runs high 15's. Ok i apologize for saying that you were quoting magazines, but the point is still that if you go off of other people times that doesnt really prove anything. i mean i know people with saturns that run times from low 12's to high 17's. i know i dont own a race car, but i know its quicker than alot of other cars in my class, i also know that there are a lot of cars that are quicker than mine. My goal is to change peoples perception of what a saturn is capable of. Cause alot of people think "oh its a saturn, there slow" i have proven plenty of times that it aint as slow as you think.

Cheers
Old Jun 30, 2003, 06:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Good story, excellently told

The 1st gen Probe/MX6 was (optionally) turbocharged, right? Seems to me that would have a lot more potential than an N/A car...

Either way... the whole "my 124 hp car is fastAR than your 120 hp car" argument is amusing but sad

-bd
Old Jun 30, 2003, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Butt Dyno
Good story, excellently told

The 1st gen Probe/MX6 was (optionally) turbocharged, right? Seems to me that would have a lot more potential than an N/A car...

Either way... the whole "my 124 hp car is fastAR than your 120 hp car" argument is amusing but sad

-bd
Your right about the HP thing but the fact is the Saturn curb weight is 2393lbs (Power to weight ratio .052) and the MX6 base (118HP) curbweight is 2646 (auto) and 2723(manual) (Power to weight ration .044). The MX6 LS (164 HP) is 2833 (Auto) and 2911 (Man.) with a power to weight ratio of .056.
So the LS has a beter P-to-W ratio but not by much. The base MX6 base is not even claasable. Fact is, on a race track the lighter car will do better.