Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

what to do??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what to do??

here is my problem .. im sellin my mustang and going to purchase an evo but my problem is do i buy a used 04 VIII GSR with jus under 30,000 miles an ACT clutch, lowering springs and a flash or do i just go ahead with the new IX and deal with the higher insurance till i pay it off in about 2 years but atleast knowing whats up with the car and any knowledge of issues because the car will be new so any problems will be because of me and my heavy foot. regaurdless of which one i get AMS stage 1,2,3 will be ordered within a week of buying the car, which leads me to my NEXT problem ... lol im registered to run in pinks all out at MIR in june n im registered with an evo so i have just under 4 months to get the parts on the car and have a good tune, any advice on a place for a good tune, any good words on Extreme Motorsports?? any advice to help out a noob would be great.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

your gunna run your car and risk losing it in pinks 4 months after you got it?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Pinks all out is a run what you brung and hope you brung enough. He has no risk of losing his car, I'll be down there watching. Back on topic As for tuner Al From Dynoflash is a great tuner. A good builder is Marti at VIP garage, AMS Tuning in Gaithersburg, and Dan from Mach V motorsports

Last edited by Jewish Santa; Feb 14, 2007 at 06:28 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

dtmmotorsport.net check them out also very high quality shop and they are in dulles va .word of advice just call all the shops and see whom gives the best advice consistanly
Old Feb 14, 2007, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

To answer your question, if you are going to stick to the stock turbo, I would say go with the 9 since you will have the slightly larger turbo, as well as the knowing that if anything is busted on the car its your fault.

As far as shops there's a lot of shops in the area that will take your money, but there are also a few good ones. Most of the shops have the same stuff to offer, most have a in house dyno for tuning as well. Places I would recomend, ISP Racing in Beltsville, Extreme, AMS, VIP, Pro Motion.

you need to call all the shops talk to them and see what they can offer, you may find that some of the shops you wont get along with...some you will.

caelin~
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

just call all the shops and ask for prices for tunes and what they recommend
Old Feb 14, 2007, 02:17 PM

thanks for the input ... yea i have heard alot about ams and isp but havent heard to much on extreme a friend of mine is sponsored by them so of course he has nothin but good things to say about them
Old Feb 15, 2007, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

I'd go with the IX. Larger compressor housing, ACD, full front LSD, and MIVEC. If you are going to use it for drag racing, I'd go with the RS edition. It's lighter and cheaper.

Do you know what mods you want to get installed for the race, and how much are you willing to spend?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 07:08 PM

i am planning on going with AMS stage 1, 2, 3 and a good tune for now then who knows from there.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if your going on pinks go with a giant turbo 40r or higher.. maybe 42r..... and stick with a 5 speed perferably a RS....
Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:25 PM

im not slappin a huge turbo on the car atleast not right now lol and with pinks all out i dont have to be the fastest just have to be the most consistant cuz they run brackets im aimin for the 11.5-11.9 bracket so ill jus slap a few bolt ons n some other goodies on n try n get right at 11.5 then im set