Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Evo at Volkswagen H20 car show

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a white evo? I can't see pics because of work filters. I was there in my turbo s2000. probably the only one too. I def got hated on....

"Wrong car asshat"

"wrong turn buddy"

etc
Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

Looks like a black wingless 8.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
well euro drivers always bash jap cars, they think their cars are the best! how do i Know? been there since i used to own S4 before. There was always a trash talk.

bad rep for evo driver.

I cant imagine how much dust went over the cars...

Last edited by tweakdsm; Oct 2, 2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

used to go to them shows.. Loved how the dude was able to drift at 60mph around a dirt track, then couldn't navigate through a crowd a 5mph

That car is garbage now anyways, glad no one got hurt atleast.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by JennGLI
So, no one hates me right? I mean, I'm not going to get boo'd off the forum 'cuz I'm the passenger in an Evo that just happens to drive a super fun GLI, am I?

I was reading through the thread and some jerk face posted this:

CTCORRADOKID

Anyone knows the EVO was going to be the bad guy simply because he was in an EVO.

What is with the hatin'? I don't understand why enthusiasts have to be jerks to fellow enthusiasts just because they don't LOVE the same cars...people suck.

Just my GLI and Evo owner 2cents~
That guy wasn't hating on the EVO owner, he was actually hating on the people who were saying harsh things about the guy just bc he was in an EVO.

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
By the way, the equivalent price is more like $40-45000(back then). Back to the subject, the guy is kind of an idiot, he is trying to impress a crowd of people with a old as hell Audi that is not that fast at all. A 2007 GTI/GLI mark V will equal the performance of that S3.

Carlos
You sir, are highly mistaken. A 2007 GTI only has 200hp at the crank stock. It would take a full bolt on GTI to rival the power that S3 has, and then theres still the fact that the GTI is FWD versus the S3's AWD.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 09:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must say that the intelligence of some never does cease to amaze me.

I just dont know what goes through people's heads when they go somewhere like that and mess things up. I guess the problem is nothing goes through their head.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Cant wait for Buschur to have a meet like this, so I can drift around their shop my camry and show you how a real JDM car launch.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 11:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by derangedazn
Cant wait for Buschur to have a meet like this, so I can drift around their shop my camry and show you how a real JDM car launch.
So what you're telling me is that you want to act like the handful of jackasses that do ignorant stuff in the hotel parking lot at the 2 races that we host every year?

Speaking of which.... our DSM / EVO shootout reschedule date is October 13 (next saturday) Everyone is welcome to come hangout and race but acting like a jackass may bring problems upon yourself that you do not want.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 01:13 PM

i smell an *** whooping in the air.

off-topic: that's why i kinda like our evo meets 99.9% of the time over here in mid-a. usually, people are well-mannered and mature about everything, except for the random jackasses that drive by in thier civics and street bikes revving like ignorant 5 year olds. o.O
Old Oct 2, 2007, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

evo killed the drift hands down. perfect execution around the turns. now if i ever see those duesche bags, who through the rocks.(since the were to afraid to admit it when we confronted them) lets just say they will get what they deserve

he went in and out didnt hurt anyone and left. i thnk that was the best way to do it
Old Oct 2, 2007, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rivalaC
i smell an *** whooping in the air.

off-topic: that's why i kinda like our evo meets 99.9% of the time over here in mid-a. usually, people are well-mannered and mature about everything, except for the random jackasses that drive by in thier civics and street bikes revving like ignorant 5 year olds. o.O
Well if we are not wanted at their Hitler-fest, then I dont want them showing up to my eggroll party.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 03:36 PM

I must have left the show 5 minutes before this whole thing happened, can't say that I'm upset that I missed it though. Someone should buy this guy a Summer's Eve on the rocks if you ever see him at a bar....what an idiot.
From what I understand this is the only Audi S3 in the country. The S3 is no more than an Audi TT 225 with a different body, the guts of the car are no different from the TT. Cool car but not really that fast. It's also a Haldex AWD system which is AWD when it needs to be (launches, losing grip), it's almost mostly a FWD car, just like an R32.
This was the 4th year in a row that I have been to H20, the first in my Evo and I really didn't receive any heat from any of the dubbers at all. I was down with 2 other Evo's too one of which had his Evo down there for the 3rd year and he has never had any problems. We even drove through the jam packed MkI gtg at Jolly Rogers without a single comment. Sucks that others got different treatment, cause it's normally a pretty fun weekend.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Natty Boh
I must have left the show 5 minutes before this whole thing happened, can't say that I'm upset that I missed it though. Someone should buy this guy a Summer's Eve on the rocks if you ever see him at a bar....what an idiot.
From what I understand this is the only Audi S3 in the country. The S3 is no more than an Audi TT 225 with a different body, the guts of the car are no different from the TT. Cool car but not really that fast. It's also a Haldex AWD system which is AWD when it needs to be (launches, losing grip), it's almost mostly a FWD car, just like an R32.
This was the 4th year in a row that I have been to H20, the first in my Evo and I really didn't receive any heat from any of the dubbers at all. I was down with 2 other Evo's too one of which had his Evo down there for the 3rd year and he has never had any problems. We even drove through the jam packed MkI gtg at Jolly Rogers without a single comment. Sucks that others got different treatment, cause it's normally a pretty fun weekend.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TURBOA2
You sir, are highly mistaken. A 2007 GTI only has 200hp at the crank stock. It would take a full bolt on GTI to rival the power that S3 has, and then theres still the fact that the GTI is FWD versus the S3's AWD.

Who cares they all break down anyway.......
Old Oct 2, 2007, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by C45P312
Is this a white evo? I can't see pics because of work filters. I was there in my turbo s2000. probably the only one too. I def got hated on....

"Wrong car asshat"

"wrong turn buddy"

etc
Was it the white turbo s2K b/c if it was it was really sexy!!!!!!

o and i was really raged on as i was riding throguh the parking lot with my other evo friend .... we almost through down a couple of time but my girlfriend was in the car and calmed me down..... but i was at the show around lets say about 3-4 pm saturday so i left right before it but i also say a white evo with a chrome hood there also..... i say we take over H20 next year and make it a japaneese car meet...... whos up for it?????

Quick Reply: Evo at Volkswagen H20 car show