Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

a friendly rivalry has started a war!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Detroit metro area Michigan/Washington DC metro area
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
a friendly rivalry has started a war!

the back story:
a friend of mine has a 2011 WRX, w/ mods and makes about 311WHP/350WTQ. he and i have a back and forth rivalry at the track so far i have the bragging rights. he met some Mazda Speed 6 owners at the local meet at the hard times Cafe meet and they began to talk trash to him so he took their offers for a wager based on a track day. after that he is some what of a noob so he asked on his forum NASIOC asking "can i beat a modded speed 6" the drama that followed has engulfed both NASIOC and the MSF(mazdaspeedforum) and it seems that a forum war is on. i just figured for us on here it is purely for entertainment purposes. i would include the link to the MSForum but they are members only you must join to view any threads.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2338737&page=3
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USCGSAM
the back story:
a friend of mine has a 2011 WRX, w/ mods and makes about 311WHP/350WTQ. he and i have a back and forth rivalry at the track so far i have the bragging rights. he met some Mazda Speed 6 owners at the local meet at the hard times Cafe meet and they began to talk trash to him so he took their offers for a wager based on a track day. after that he is some what of a noob so he asked on his forum NASIOC asking "can i beat a modded speed 6" the drama that followed has engulfed both NASIOC and the MSF(mazdaspeedforum) and it seems that a forum war is on. i just figured for us on here it is purely for entertainment purposes. i would include the link to the MSForum but they are members only you must join to view any threads.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2338737&page=3
Forum wars... whole bunch of keyboard commandos followed by no action probably..waste of the interwebz

I am best friends with the owner of the MS6 from the cobb post above and let me tell you the car is crazy fast. On his stock MS6 block with a big turbo and all the bolt-ons he made 430whp and 464wtq (Yes I am aware that every dyno is different).

Do not underestimate a car you know nothing about.
I did LMAO at this above statement
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

well put sir, i figured it was worth a laugh. the WRX kid is down to race at the track but i don't think the speed6 will show.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:40 PM

'EVO trolls' ! Lol
How would we be ousted if not from someone trolling our forums.. Oh the drama Lol

Anyways how exciting! I don't think I will be able to sleep until I find out the outcome...
Should we place bets too?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sbadlove
'EVO trolls' ! Lol
How would we be ousted if not from someone trolling our forums.. Oh the drama Lol

Anyways how exciting! I don't think I will be able to sleep until I find out the outcome...
Should we place bets too?
Omg this had me LMFAO, "should we place bets?"
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

Start a poll
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

I"m waiting for the inevitable statement: "I don't know what it traps in the 1/4 but it beat a car that trapped XXXmph in the 1/4..from a 60mph head start "
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

**** nasioc
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im on msf and just saw that thread. Most of the people on the msf thread dont even know who the dude is who was talking sh*t and "backed out of the race". Infact that kind of BS stuff gets made fun of and laughted at no matter what vehicle they drive on msf.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

I would really like to see this Mazda because we had a hatch at English a few months back that on stock Turbo was running out of fuel so I would love to know what he has done about his sub-par direct injection fuel system. Either way it would be fun to watch, but in the end its still a Mazda and a wrx we are talking about, lmfao
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoRS06
I would really like to see this Mazda because we had a hatch at English a few months back that on stock Turbo was running out of fuel so I would love to know what he has done about his sub-par direct injection fuel system. Either way it would be fun to watch, but in the end its still a Mazda and a wrx we are talking about, lmfao
yeah that is the exact reason i posted here so the members here could "watch and laugh" about it. i told the guy this would happen. for a arrogant speed6 owner that is this over confident it was inevitable for him to realize "what have i gotten myself into" the way that the MSF guys disowned him is pretty impressive.
Old May 2, 2012, 12:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A mazdaspeed 3/6 on stock k04 shouldnt max out the fueling system unless that guy was tarded enough to try to get tuned on the stock hpfp. To make any power on the 2.3 DISI engine in the mazdaspeed 3 and 6 you need to upgrade the hpfp. If you cant hold atleast 1700psi while tuning then thats a recipe for paperweight block.

Also the k04 we have stock is **** single scroll fail turbo. Its a challenge to make 320whp on that turbo. The mazdaspeed community doesnt have huge aftermarket even though the past year or so has had significant break throught with the ecu tuning logic and we are finally getting some performance part manufature love......I drive a mazdaspeed3 btw

Last edited by turboup; May 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

yep well now the MS6 driver has offended me, i was parked next to the wrx driver at the meets, just kinda keeping to myself and he walked up and started trash talking my Evo? i was minding my car and not bothering any one. he walks up to my Evo calls it a POS, garbage, and some more colorful expletives along with about 6 F&F quotes i recognized, so i challenged him and said what track and where. this grown man tells me he only runs the 1/8 mile and it has to be old dominion and it has to be during the week? so i am trying to figure out now if its even worth the drive. i am 99% sure i'll beat him (i give him the 1% for driver error) but what is the opinion? do i cater to a complete D-bag and stoop to his level to beat him or do i just walk away and continue to ignore this fool. i was down right astounded that some one would have the gall to walk up and talk that way to a complete stranger. i mean if i was having a bad day or had a wild temper he could have gotten hurt saying the things he did. not to mention his MS6 appears almost bone stock but that doesn't mean much.
Old May 16, 2012, 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ I would if he was talking sh*t on my ride to my face. Why would he choose 1/8 mile? That isn't going to benifit him at all.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:11 PM

yep well now the MS6 driver has offended me, i was parked next to the wrx driver at the meets, just kinda keeping to myself and he walked up and started trash talking my Evo? i was minding my car and not bothering any one. he walks up to my Evo calls it a POS, garbage, and some more colorful expletives along with about 6 F&F quotes i recognized, so i challenged him and said what track and where. this grown man tells me he only runs the 1/8 mile and it has to be old dominion and it has to be during the week? so i am trying to figure out now if its even worth the drive. i am 99% sure i'll beat him (i give him the 1% for driver error) but what is the opinion? do i cater to a complete D-bag and stoop to his level to beat him or do i just walk away and continue to ignore this fool. i was down right astounded that some one would have the gall to walk up and talk that way to a complete stranger. i mean if i was having a bad day or had a wild temper he could have gotten hurt saying the things he did. not to mention his MS6 appears almost bone stock but that doesn't mean much.
I can't tell if you are joking?
Did this really happen?

Quick Reply: a friendly rivalry has started a war!