Notices

Evo in Kuwait?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo in Kuwait?

I just landed in Kuwait from Canada and was thinking about saving up some money to buy and EVO. I was hoping if some one had an idea how much and Evo IX goes for in Kuwait or the Middle east generally?
Old Feb 15, 2008, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

Hey !

You won't find many evo's for sale in Kuwait. There are probably around 30 evo's in Kuwait .. no more then 50!

It's very difficult to find an evo for sale in Kuwait, and if you do find one, will probably be sold very quickly.

Evo IX go for approx. 7000-9000 Kuwaiti Dinars (USED)
There are no more new evo ix's

There is also no warranty. As the car is European spec not Gulf specs.

Evo 8's are approx. 7000-8000 KD.

good luck and Let me know if you need any help!
Old Feb 15, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

i would hate buying evo in kuwait without warranty
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:03 AM

bleh

You think I will have better luck getting an Evo in from Dubai? And another thing you guys have any idea what an Evo X is going for in the Middle east?
Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

You should be able to find evo's in Kuwait. I'll let you know if i come across any.

Honestly i didn't care about having a warranty when i bought my ix from the dealer. I was gona mod it anyway!
Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:21 AM
Evolving Member

lol evo in kuwait? where do you get that?
Old Feb 23, 2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by yikez
You should be able to find evo's in Kuwait. I'll let you know if i come across any.

Honestly i didn't care about having a warranty when i bought my ix from the dealer. I was gona mod it anyway!
Did you have to import it or they had the cars in stock? And how much more was it than lets say a same spec Evo IX in the US or Europe? And are there good places to get your car modded (in Kuwait)? Or you had to go to Dubai?

My Dad owns a garage in Shuwaikh and after talking to him and few of the people working at garage all of them have not heard of Evo. And they all are very skeptical about it, in the sense that they all believe just because it is so rare that anytime you have to make small repairs you won't be able to find the parts, did you ever have that issue?

I have actually seen few Evos around, not a lot though but they are rarity. I have been looking at the prices in US a stock Evo X GSR goes for $31,000. Was just wondering if any one had a general idea of how much it would be or is going to be here.

Last edited by siku; Feb 23, 2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ineedparts
lol evo in kuwait? where do you get that?

from ur mom .. now get out of here!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

They had the car in stock at the dealer. The probably had around 20 evo ix's. All MR's. The 2006 evo's were Euro Spec. Previously USDM (2005 and earlier).
The European Spec evo ix we have here is the GSR. Which is equivilant to the USDM MR. Bilsteins + 6 speed e.t.c.

There are a few places that work on japanese cars (Evo's, Sti's, Skylines e.t.c). One is called Gemballa Garage, S.T.S. and a few others.
Tuning you could do with e-flashes with some of the vendors on the forum. All you need is a tactrix cable.

You will find stuff like spark plugs, oils, pads, discs. If they do go out of stock, it takes 1 week if there are in stock in dubai. 21 days if they have to bring them from japan
No evo X's in dealer just yet.

Originally Posted by siku
Did you have to import it or they had the cars in stock? And how much more was it than lets say a same spec Evo IX in the US or Europe? And are there good places to get your car modded (in Kuwait)? Or you had to go to Dubai?

My Dad owns a garage in Shuwaikh and after talking to him and few of the people working at garage all of them have not heard of Evo. And they all are very skeptical about it, in the sense that they all believe just because it is so rare that anytime you have to make small repairs you won't be able to find the parts, did you ever have that issue?

I have actually seen few Evos around, not a lot though but they are rarity. I have been looking at the prices in US a stock Evo X GSR goes for $31,000. Was just wondering if any one had a general idea of how much it would be or is going to be here.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

from ur mom .. now get out of here!

looooooooooooool
Old Mar 8, 2008, 02:46 PM

u can drive over to bahrain and get one from the dealer.. there are 2 slightly used IX's at the dealer going for 10k bd.. which is around 7k KD... and another one with around 24k on the odo going for the same price..

if ur thinking of a cheaper alternative.. u can get an evo VII as there are so many in bahrain.. and they go really cheap, i know 2 for sale right now.

if ur on the lookout for an evo.. bahrain or dubai would be ur best places to look at.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

I might be selling my evo IX mr

am guessing ur on q8speed.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 01:17 AM
Evolved Member

yeah evos in dubai went scarse..i get so many pms of people moving over to dubai and wanting to buy evos...even if you find one they are more expensive used than they were new in the dealer...especialy because they are modified
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Well, what we do is order maintenance parts before hand and keep them for later just in case. I have an ACT clutch and brake pads in the other room, mine is a 2003 evo8, spent alot of money on it, hoping I could take it to the track over in Bahrain some day. I have to admit that taking care of the car here in Kuwait is a challenge, but it's totally worth it ~~ we try to meet up every now and then, we used to meet at hard rock every weekend, would stay up till dawn, no action though, just chatting. I dont know but something's different with evo X (bad different), I'm not saying it's "bad" but I feel it has gotten a little soft around the edges. Now the new GTR would be a project.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 06:37 PM

Exclamation Gemballa Garage

Hello,

I need the location and the contact details of Gemballa Garage in Kuwait. Please help me as soon as possible in this matter. Many thanks

They had the car in stock at the dealer. The probably had around 20 evo ix's. All MR's. The 2006 evo's were Euro Spec. Previously USDM (2005 and earlier).
The European Spec evo ix we have here is the GSR. Which is equivilant to the USDM MR. Bilsteins + 6 speed e.t.c.

There are a few places that work on japanese cars (Evo's, Sti's, Skylines e.t.c). One is called Gemballa Garage, S.T.S. and a few others.
Tuning you could do with e-flashes with some of the vendors on the forum. All you need is a tactrix cable.

You will find stuff like spark plugs, oils, pads, discs. If they do go out of stock, it takes 1 week if there are in stock in dubai. 21 days if they have to bring them from japan
No evo X's in dealer just yet.

Quick Reply: Evo in Kuwait?