Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

First EVO in Michigan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2003, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up First EVO in Michigan

Well all I have to say is that this car is unreal It handles like a dream, and when the turbo kicks in it really takes off. I used to own a NOS'd 12sec GTP and this would bury it motor to motor. Now with NOS that is a different story I currently have 97 miles on it and can't wait to drive tonight. I really want to see those HID's in the dark. The only down side about this day is that it snowed a little, and the roads are ****y. I am not sure about Detroit, but I am for sure that I am the only EVO 8 in Grand Rapids. Bought it at Fox Mitisubishu at MSRP. They were really cool and helped me every way that they could. The only bad thing is that the wait list there is backed up untill May if your trying to get one.
Anyway, the steering is very sensitive. I mean touch the wheel and your going in that direction. The turbo makes an awesome sound when spooled and the brakes stop you on a dime. It is everything that I was expecting and more. I know I am running on but just had to let you guys know.
THIS CAR KICKS ***
Old Mar 10, 2003, 03:47 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats! Glad to hear you're enjoying every minute of it

Mark
Old Mar 10, 2003, 03:49 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Sorry, I had mine since last Friday Glad to hear you like your new ride.

Your brakes work at 97 miles. Mines just started to work at 450 miles
Old Mar 10, 2003, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry about the mistake GTR, Just really happy to be a EVO owner. Where are you located in MI?
Old Mar 10, 2003, 03:57 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

I think Fred is in your area in Grand Rapids. I dont' know if he'd pick his up yet but, i'm located in SE Michigan. About 20mins south of Detroit Metro Airport. Anyway, you'll love the car if your roads aren't bumpy

I graduated last year at MSU in Lansing but now i'm pretty far away. If your interested in driving school at gingerman raceway we could get 5+ people and learn how to drive My bro in law has a modded WRX and that makes 2 so far.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

BASTARDS! Both of ya!!!!
Old Mar 10, 2003, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

hey GTR, i pmed you about where you live but you never got back to me. Sounds to me like Flatrock area? Anyways, i hope to get an Evo in the next couple months, and i'd be down for gingerman. So that makes 4. Or we could just go to MIS and turn left all day
Old Mar 10, 2003, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Cutlass73 and GTR, Gingerman is only 30 mins away from my house. We should set up a group of us to go and tear it up.

--Sorry i didn't read the above posts, but I'm in!

Last edited by EVOlunchbox; Mar 10, 2003 at 04:21 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Well, first kramit needs a job that doesn't suck, then kramit needs an Evo for a reasonable price.

Then...I'm definately in.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Well guys, hate to spoil your excitement, but I picked up my EVO Thursday at Crown Mitsubishi in Holland, so you could say I'm the first in Michigan. lol, no biggie, the important thing is that we all have the very first cars until April and they are bad. I sold my street/strip digital fuel injected, NOS, 9 sec. Camaro 1 1/2 years ago and I got to tell ya, this EVO brings back memories. Oh, by the way, my fiance' bought a brand new 2001 GT Eclipse from Fox and from our experience, they have the worst service record out of all the western Michigan dealers. I hope they treat you better! P.S. I only have 50 miles on mine because this weather sucks, but wait until this weekend, 50-60 degrees. joy!
Old Mar 10, 2003, 04:59 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally posted by cutlass73
hey GTR, i pmed you about where you live but you never got back to me. Sounds to me like Flatrock area? Anyways, i hope to get an Evo in the next couple months, and i'd be down for gingerman. So that makes 4. Or we could just go to MIS and turn left all day
We should definitly all get together Check your PM.

U in toledo?

Aim me sometimes.

Last edited by gtr; Mar 10, 2003 at 05:02 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 05:54 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by gtr

We should definitly all get together Check your PM.

U in toledo?

Aim me sometimes.
I'm still waiting for you to come out here and visit me!
Old Mar 10, 2003, 06:09 PM

Hey everyone in MI! Oakland CO here. I'll be at Waterford, Gingerman and Graton for a few events. Namely a couple Alfa and Porsche club events. They are usually about $120 a day to run three 20 min sessions depends on the event. My delivery date for the VIII is April 10th.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Hi there! I am in the South Bend area near the Michigan/Indiana state line and would love to get a close up look at your car...since mine has not arrived yet (ARGH!!). So....what do you say????
Old Mar 10, 2003, 06:24 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Fireball
I'm still waiting for you to come out here and visit me!
You are?

Is your cousin going to be there too? I sort of want to talk to him about an evo RS . Let us know when is your official Midwest meet, If it's Road America perhaps we could all meet there

Quick Reply: First EVO in Michigan