Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Looking for a good body shop in Northwest suburbs of Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a good body shop in Northwest suburbs of Chicago

I was in a 5 car accident on the I-294 on Saturday. I'm fairly OK, some bruises, stiff neck, etc (I will get it checked out today). BTW, I was in my little over 1 month old dark gray GSR

Can you guys recommend some body shop. I attached some pictures of the car after the accident. I think it looks like only the plastic parts will need replacement along with the hood.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a good body shop in Northwest suburbs of Chicago-_dsc4948.jpg   Looking for a good body shop in Northwest suburbs of Chicago-_dsc4949.jpg   Looking for a good body shop in Northwest suburbs of Chicago-_dsc4959.jpg   Looking for a good body shop in Northwest suburbs of Chicago-_dsc4965.jpg   Looking for a good body shop in Northwest suburbs of Chicago-_dsc4970.jpg  

Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

good body shop is an oxymoron. ive never had a good experience with a body shop. good luck finding a decent one though.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by sl0ev0
good body shop is an oxymoron. ive never had a good experience with a body shop. good luck finding a decent one though.
I think you are right. I have at least few days to research this, since the guys from insurance will not come out till Thursday...
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:22 AM
Account Disabled

There's a great body shop down on 5th.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

please tell me you're not running the stock advans in the winter
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try Motorsport Collision in St. Charles. Contact Dennis. They specialize in exotics.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Alexander
please tell me you're not running the stock advans in the winter
No, I got all season tires after first snow. Advans are waiting for sunny days and new set of wheels.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

go to countryside customs near butterfield road and route 59. they do simply amazing work. i have brought my evo there a few times. your car will look better than it did when you first bought it guaranteed . good luck with the fix!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 09:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Sorry to hear about your accident at least your ok. Try All around auto body in schaumburg . . 847-352-3825 ask for brad, tell him cisco at strictly modified sent you.

Our evo looked like this . .

To this . .

-Cisco
Old Jan 12, 2009, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Country Side Customs does great work. Bump City on Lake street does great work too. I think they are in Oak Park.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lester 7737324756. located in morton groove. its near demspter and lehigh. he does a really good job and he's priced good too
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:24 AM

try MPH Motorsports in Skokie,IL
here: http://www.mphmotorsports-skokie.com/
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eve-slow
Try Motorsport Collision in St. Charles. Contact Dennis. They specialize in exotics.

+1 , actually the Rush's(you) told me about dennis and he fixed my rear bumper and rear quarter last month....great quality work. My evo is back in the shop this week bc I rear ended someone monday due to the snow.

Anyhow, he does great work and real cool to evo guys. Plus if he can do work on lambo LP640s then I guess it is good enough for my evo.

call them...BTW glad to hear you are OK, most important thing.

Last edited by ddubb; Jan 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:06 PM

Wow, the damage to your front end looks almost identical to what I had on my GG X back in October. I thought I just needed a front bumper and hood, but the adjuster came back with an estimate of $8400! Got mine fixed at goldcoast in chicago and they did a hell of a job. They're pretty expensive though...hopefully, you don't have substandard insurance on your evo and you can take it to a reputable shop...GL
Old Jan 13, 2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by chase419
Wow, the damage to your front end looks almost identical to what I had on my GG X back in October. I thought I just needed a front bumper and hood, but the adjuster came back with an estimate of $8400! Got mine fixed at goldcoast in chicago and they did a hell of a job. They're pretty expensive though...hopefully, you don't have substandard insurance on your evo and you can take it to a reputable shop...GL
So far my "guesstimate" was around 8K, I will have to wait till Thursday to find out exactly how much they are willing to pay for it.

Did they have to replace your hood, it is aluminum, so as far as I know they can't make straiten it anymore.
Did they replace your headlights, one of my is chipped.
2 of my airbags went off, the steering wheel and the knee. Plus somehow one of the inside plastic door panels have a hole in it, I guess I hit it with my knee when the airbag went off.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good body shop in Northwest suburbs of Chicago