Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

No front plate in IL, 2011 edition

Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Also curious
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't wonder, when you can click (on the link I provided in the first post).

It was referred back to the rules committee on the 17th. There's a similar bill working it's way through the Senate as well:

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstat...3&SessionID=84

It's been re-referred to Assignments, which suggests to me that it may be dead as well.

----

Another bill folks might be interested in, legislation recommending changes to how we do emissions testing here: http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstat...6&SessionID=84

And another one, a bill allowing the police to impound a car used for transporting fireworks illegally: http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstat...8&SessionID=84

Honestly, for as many things as you can find to complain about in this state, we have a lot of information available to us about pending legislation, and while it's clunky, their web site is pretty functional. (I have a saved search that I can run whenever I feel like looking at anything proposed that affects IL Code Chapter 625 (vehicles), and sort by bill number so I can see what's new.)
Old Mar 28, 2011, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tsidrift1
So....any news about this? I have heard it was denied....again!

My g/f just got her x se, i dont want to drill holes in the front for the plate bracket and then find out the law is taken away! lol
Law or no Law I still wouldnt drill anything. Ive had my Evo for 3 years now without front plates and I havent gotten one ticket yet. I live in the city and I park on the streets often. I do however, use a front plate with hooks on it which I hang from the front grill. This is only when parking of course.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OG Mogie
Law or no Law I still wouldnt drill anything. Ive had my Evo for 3 years now without front plates and I havent gotten one ticket yet. I live in the city and I park on the streets often. I do however, use a front plate with hooks on it which I hang from the front grill. This is only when parking of course.
I really dont want too. I just dont want her getting pulled over for it. I drove my 1g dsm for 6 years, never had a problem, then last year, I got pulled over 3 times in like 2 months for it.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?

This never got answer .. Update 1 yr later please