Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dstoop
dont worry where my info is from.. Check yourself and call the county and they will tell you no charges were made and he is no longer in custody. He purchases parts from ebay and local vendors. Do you really think if he was stealing all these "cars" and have them sitting outside so that everyone can see them including the cops. If anyone knew anything you would know that all his "evo" cars were parked outside the shop for everyone to see with the vin numbers for everyone to see. Again, i know it looks bad but it was because some jealous idiot made false accusations and just cost lake county tons of money...
lolumadbro?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:29 AM

im not deffending him by any means i just said what i have seen at the shop not what i heard it all looks fishy but u draw your own conclusions from my statements

but i am not deffending him nore am i against him

but i have heard he has been released without charges so um unsure what will come of this but you guys say his rep is ruined it was that good before but you guys still bought parts from him lol i think u guys are all a little stupid

the suburu guy is the biggest gossiper in nwi indiana i wouldnt believe anything he said and every one in northwest indiana knows that are his statments true i dont
kno but ive meet that guy in person and hes a douche also
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mike1coolguy88
im not deffending him by any means i just said what i have seen at the shop not what i heard it all looks fishy but u draw your own conclusions from my statements

but i am not deffending him nore am i against him

but i have heard he has been released without charges so um unsure what will come of this but you guys say his rep is ruined it was that good before but you guys still bought parts from him lol i think u guys are all a little stupid

the suburu guy is the biggest gossiper in nwi indiana i wouldnt believe anything he said and every one in northwest indiana knows that are his statments true i dont
kno but ive meet that guy in person and hes a douche also
The line in bold cracks me up...

u no wat i meen bra

In all seriousness though... I hope that the guy didn't do it and the cops made a mistake. I have seen it before. If he did in fact steal cars or move known stolen parts then I can't feel bad for the guy.

I have never bought anything from him simply because of the way that he presented himself on line. The way he typed just like the unknown kid above. Something comes off as not right to me. Bragging about reselling parts and hustling. Kinda makes it hard to think that he wasn't doing just that.

Time will tell though. As they say any news is good news. If the charges are false and get dropped it might just help business out. If they are true then I hope he never rides in an Evo again and gets whats coming to him.

Last edited by mt057; Aug 11, 2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: my spelling sucks too
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

god my first post in forver is about this shady ****.

Ive dealt with Jeremy numerous times when he was still just under his personal acount. I sold my car before he turned it into a business. He always rubbed me the wrong way, would low ball the hell out of people on offers, all of his parts he sold were always "mint or flawless" condition until you got them and they were trashed. Always had the parts but magically couldnt meet up for nearly a week to get them. Whenever we did meet i cant remember him ever showing up in the same car.

Few examples: I offered to sell him a spare built transmission I had, he told me the besthe could do was $600 because I didnt have any receipts or proof of it being built. Told him to poltly get hit by a train over that offer. Magically a few months later he has a for sale for a "built" transmission he somehow aquired for $1600. No receipts and couldnt even post who had built it or any information on it other than it was built. Shady number 1

Next I bought a set of stock calipers off of him with I went back to stock from wilwoods. "perfect condition" no fading or anything is what he told me. Needless to say I got them and 3/4 were faded or peeling. When asked i was told theres no way it was not perfect. Whatever, didnt feel like dealing with it as they were on the car and I needed them.

ALso bought a set of Advan wheels off him. Also supposedly perfect till I got them and 1 had curb rash half way around it and all of them looked like someone had taked an air hammer around the lug nut holes. now I know why, probably had wheel locks on them that they had to get off. Shocker there

My buddy bought a set of stock wheels off of him for $400 that were also supposedly mint condition. Got them and 1 was bent, 2 had curb rash and all the paint was peeling off. He chewed sierra a new one, had a shop fix them and re coat them and the bll was $175 to fix them. Sent jeremy the receipt and he refunded the $175 without complaint saying after the fact that he had honestly never even looked at the wheels and just assumed they were perfect. Now it makes more since how you can refund half the money and not complain when your making 100% profit either way because the part was free and if you didnt just strip a car and have a "friend" ship them do you not even look at something your selling?

Ontop of that everytime weve met him hes always been antsy and in a hurry. Any of the people ive dealt with buying parts in person wether it be off a forum or craigslist, you have a common interest and usually stand around bs'ing with each other for a while. Hell Ive ended up pretty good friends with quite a few people that I have met off CL or a forum from buying something. But with Jeremy it would always take a week to talk him into meeting and then when you did meet it was like he was always looking over his shoulder and couldnt get out of there fast enough. Hell the one day he ate with me and my freind at Ponderosa, had 1 plate and couldnt leave fast enough. My buddy from the first time he went with me said the fuicker seemed shady as hell and low and behold look what happens.

And to all of you idiots that keep saying we dont know what happened and bla bla bla. Cops dont just show up and raid a place on hear say or for ****s and giggles. When they show up with multiple cops, tow trucks and bust the place, theyve done abunch of rsearch and investigation. More than likely theyve had undercovers buy parts off of him and had numerous parts be stolen property, the place was a hangout and more than likely theyve had an undercover there hanging out and scoping **** out while they were there. And selling stolen goods is illegal in its self wether he was the one yanking the cars or not he was slinging parts and theyll put him away for that when your a business thats doing it.

Im just happy to see the truth come out and that ****er taken down.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ Not to defend the guy but you must not buy a lot of parts from random people because everyone does that i'm in a hurry, its mint when its not, sends you pictures of the one and only good rim in the set and and low ball the **** out of you. Thats nothing new.

Last edited by Live4Redline; Aug 11, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It really seems like there was a lot of local people who knew what was going on and yet no one opened there mouth till after the crap hit the fan. I hope its not a common case of "as long as it benefits me i wont say a thing but now that its over i want to be included in the drama" kinda ****.

Gonna be a lot of pissed off people looking for there money, there parts, and cars so think before you post because simply reading that you knew something was going on and you were ok with it is already pissing me off.

If you knew something was going on... then this shouldn't have been the first time anyone heard about it.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

I actually buy and sell alot of parts. CL people are usually more like that but most of the forum members ive dealt with between racing cars and now bikes ive struck up more friendships than not. Jeremy never seemed like the Im just in a hurry or have **** to do type of I want out of here. Like I said it was more of looking over his should like he was waiting on a cop to show up or that he was scared of something. Ive met up with him 5-6 times, talked on FB quite a bit and even had lunch a few times when we would meet but he always seemed nervous about something like he knew what he was doing was shady.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Live4Redline
It really seems like there was a lot of local people who knew what was going on and yet no one opened there mouth till after the crap hit the fan. I hope its not a common case of "as long as it benefits me i wont say a thing but now that its over i want to be included in the drama" kinda ****.

Gonna be a lot of pissed off people looking for there money, there parts, and cars so think before you post because simply reading that you knew something was going on and you were ok with it is already pissing me off.

If you knew something was going on... then this shouldn't have been the first time anyone heard about it.
I think there were people that knew about it, I posted about this guy and his craigslist ads in the Indiana spotted thread a while ago and no one even bothered replying. I was suspicious as to how someone can have an unlimited amount of evo part outs (new ones every week)
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by mt057
In all seriousness though... I hope that the guy didn't do it and the cops made a mistake. I have seen it before. If he did in fact steal cars or move known stolen parts then I can't feel bad for the guy.

I have never bought anything from him simply because of the way that he presented himself on line. The way he typed just like the unknown kid above. Something comes off as not right to me. Bragging about reselling parts and hustling. Kinda makes it hard to think that he wasn't doing just that.

Time will tell though. As they say any news is good news. If the charges are false and get dropped it might just help business out. If they are true then I hope he never rides in an Evo again and gets whats coming to him.

I agree

if he is guilty they figure it out if he is innocent his buisness is still trashed

i wasnt benifiting anything from his shop he asked me to mechanical work on legit cars i did it he paid me with a check it always cleared and i left if he didnt call me i could careless i do plenty of side work if u called me and asked me to do your brakes sunday it be the same way
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Live4Redline

As far as I know, there were threads up blasting these people, including a thread my builder and I posted. When the thread became high alert, people would get their accounts locked, or the thread would be closed.

It sucks, but a lot of people on this forum are afraid to speak their mind concerning vendors on this site. They always get their accounts dissabled, the thread gets closed, and fan boys flame them up.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by SCREAM8
Regardless of charges or anything stemming from this, his reputation is ruined. If this guy ever shows his face around any sort of car show/meet, I highly doubt he'll be walking home.

I find it pathetic anyone would even stick up for this dirtbag. And as far as charges, the Lake County Auto Theft Department has said he is still in custody.

Anyone sticking up for the guy should be put on watch/banned just on suspicion alone. But that's just my opinion.
+1! Super fishy with these noobs posting and attacking established members...just saying
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I didn't read the whole thread, but are you guys saying that they changed the name to MWPerformance? I just bought a QM driveshaft from them
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

oops^
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Corinator
It sickens me to think that there are actually people defending this dirtbag. I am very good friends with one of the people who was arrested and I am also good friends with all the kids who would always be seen hanging around the shop. I warned all of them from the start. Don't hang around Sierra Motorsports because when **** hits the fan, everyone is going down whether or not they did anything.

Saying that the cars have been returned is a lie. The cars are still sitting in the impound lot in Hobart, Indiana where they were originally transported to. Two friends of mine actually work at the auto repair shop that owns the impound lot. One of my best friends had both of his cars impounded because they were at the shop when it was raided. I hope he gets his cars back because he did nothing illegal, but being in the wrong place at the wrong time is hard to escape from. Nowadays with the overabundance of evidence prosecutors have, it is more like guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. All of the arrested are still in jail and I know that for a fact. I was actually put in contact with a detective working the case and was urged to come fourth with any extra evidence I may have. Everything I know the police already knew. Cops can't just get a search and seizure warrant ***** nilly without nearly incontrovertible proof that there is evidence. They found the evidence. No one is innocent here. Selling of stolen goods is a crime as someone else pointed out. Anyone who thinks he simply "didn't know" is sadly mistaken or extremely ignorant. Jeremy attempted to give me Evo IX Recaro seats for my car in exchange for a $300 debt he had to me, the guys on this forum will know that is an extremely bad deal for him. I asked him what were wrong with them and he answered nonchalantly "they're stolen but it's no big deal". I immediately took my money and left. I've long been told by several sources about a forest that Jeremy would dump Evo shells after he stripped them. I was even told by a local former Evo owner that he witnessed Jeremy using a Sawzall to cut a shell in half in his backyard.

I am surprised the FBI hasn't been involved in this because Jeremy has/had a storage unit in Illinois where "hot" cars were stripped and parts were left to "cool off" before they were sold under the guise of Sierra Motorsports.

I was even told by two former employees that when my car blew up and was sitting on the street in front of the house I was renting a room in, Jeremy was considering stealing my car. I received four phone calls warning me about it within a two hour time period. Luckily the auto shipper arrived to pick the car up and transport it back to Arizona before anything could have really come of it.

I know its hard to believe all of this, especially when it comes from a Subaru owner . I've got love for the owners of the cars I hate.

Good thing we got a detective on the case! ....

I think you were a little jealous of the kid. Mommy and daddy dont pay his bills. Dont get me wrong, he was not the greatest businessman and I do know from past transactions we did. I would not want to buy anything from him again.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RJones
I didn't read the whole thread, but are you guys saying that they changed the name to MWPerformance? I just bought a QM driveshaft from them
yup, same shop

Quick Reply: IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided