Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:51 AM
SME
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn I sold my Evo to this guy...
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

To start this, I am not sticking up for anyone I don't know well. I am just trying to get some solid facts amongst the rediculous amount of speculation in this thread. It's making it tough to sort through the garbage.

So, does anyone, even one person in this thread know any actual facts? Because this guy here is full of crap. I still had Jeremy's # from when I sold him my Evo (Legit deal, was a good buyer, good for the money, etc. Went just like any car sale should)

So I decided to shoot him a text to get some sort of real info...

Originally Posted by Corinator
All of the arrested are still in jail and I know that for a fact.
O really? Is this why why he responded to my text within 10 minutes on August 10th? (The day before you posted this...) He is not in jail, and he says that he is free of any charges.

Now.....his credibility is obviously shot now with all of this stuff (true or not) coming to the surface, so that can't all be taken as fact.

But, so is yours by spouting this bull****! He wouldn't be texting from a jail cell, I know that for a fact.

Now, this entire post of mine is simply trying to get some solid info from someone who knows something, not just a group of fanbois protecting him, or a group of people that are believing everything they hear.

Last edited by goodhart; Aug 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:29 AM

Has anyone had the chance to get ahold of lake county or st. paul police departments?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

This thread is way too o/t and speculative. For more info, refer to the Outstanding Sales thread Speedlimit started.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

^I agree. I can even post screenshots of the texts if anyone likes.

Nothing is more speculative in this entire thread than the title itself. Where on earth did anyone say that Sierra was the guy stealing these Evo's from the Chicago area for all these years? Where's the proof?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by dstoop
Its funny that none of you know what your talking about. This all happened because someone brought in a car to get fixed and it ended up being stolen. You guys have absolutely no idea what the truth is. Jeremy is home with no charges filed. Cars are being released and returned... if hes so guilty why doesn't he have charges against him...BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS VALID AND LEGAL...gets ure facts straight before you ump to conclusions
^^^ this is the most accurate post in this whole thread. Even though those of us who know this were asked not to say anything. I know i am a newb who has 0 credibility on this site so believe what you will. I have no vested instrest in what jeremy does just repeating what a good friend who worked there told me. There is still nothing in the news and no record of jeremys arrest. Most likely he was brought in for questioning and released. I know he is trying to complete or refund (buyers choice) all open transactions. He is also paying to get everyone's car out of impound. The GSX that was drug down the road on the rear wheels by the moron tow truck drivers? Yeah he is paying to fix that too. After everyone's car is out of impound and all transactions are concluded he is most likely closing his business and moving away. Probably have to change his name too because of all the speculation and trashing going on in this thread and others like it.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

txt? dude really -- anyone can use his cellphone and respond to you .. thats what u call proof BS!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goodhart
^I agree. I can even post screenshots of the texts if anyone likes.

Nothing is more speculative in this entire thread than the title itself. Where on earth did anyone say that Sierra was the guy stealing these Evo's from the Chicago area for all these years? Where's the proof?
--------------------

txt? dude really -- anyone can use his cellphone and respond to you .. thats what u call proof?? BS!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:14 PM
_E_

Originally Posted by tehhobbs
Has anyone had the chance to get ahold of lake county or st. paul police departments?
I left a message and still waiting on a call back
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:50 PM

It takes a lot less than many of you might think for the police to obtain a search warrant. The fact that the shop was searched and vehicles were impounded doesn't come close to telling you that Jeremy is guilty.

my $.02

Edit: I know nothing about this guy. I do, however, remember seeing many Evo parts for sale on Craigslist in Crown Point Indiana.

Last edited by Raped; Aug 13, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

a search warrant and arrest are given by a judge (in so many cases, i maybe wrong) - a judge will not allow it if he see's nothing wrong - well what happend again?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by SniperwolF
a search warrant and arrest are given by a judge (in so many cases, i maybe wrong) - a judge will not allow it if he see's nothing wrong - well what happend again?
Here in Indiana there is no warrant required for an officer to enter a home or place of business. That law went into effect last year. Also a judge has nothing to do with an arrest being made. Only decides ones fate once arrested. Also I don't know how many times it has to be mentioned there is NO record of Jeremy being arrested. That is public knowledge and has to be released within a 24 hour period. Check the Lake County website yourself if you don't believe it to be true.

Last edited by TWOpointFOUR; Aug 13, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TWOpointFOUR
Here in Indiana there is no warrant required for an officer to enter a home or place of business. That law went into effect last year. Also a judge has nothing to do with an arrest being made. Only decides ones fate once arrested. Also I don't know how many times it has to be mentioned there is NO record of Jeremy being arrested. That is public knowledge and has to be released within a 24 hour period. Check the Lake County website yourself if you don't believe it to be true.
"search warrant"
if the owner dont want the cops to come in - then the cops cant go in - thats the time they need to have a search warrant - BS if the cops can go in to any house without search warrant.
"Arrest" police do the arresting judge give the order to arrest - you cannot arrest any person without any reason. -
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TWOpointFOUR
I didn't know you're an internet lawyer. Please link some documentation to prove yourself, otherwise the only thing that is coming out of your mouth is excrement.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by SniperwolF
"search warrant"
if the owner dont want the cops to come in - then the cops cant go in - thats the time they need to have a search warrant - BS if the cops can go in to any house without search warrant.
"Arrest" police do the arresting judge give the order to arrest - you cannot arrest any person without any reason. -
You clearly don't know what has been happening within the congress of Indiana. They passed a law last year allowing the police to enter our home or business without a warrant. We are now powerless to stop them from unlawful search and seizure. If a come enters your home telling them "NO" will fall on deaf ears.

Quick Reply: IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided