Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Live4Redline
^ Lol, i call bull crap on all of that. Its hard to be that oblivious to your surroundings.

But say what you got to say to cover your own ***. No worries.

Although your childish response doesn't deserve a response, I'm going to write one because I'm going to enjoy putting you in your place.

Everyone is saying it's obvious based on hindsight. If it was so obvious, why didn't his own mechanic know, why didn't two forum operators know? Because it was so obvious, you must have been the one who called the cops right???

You don't know me so you based your post on my post. You obviously lack basic reading comprehension skills to deduct from my post that I was trying to cover myself up. I have nothing to hide or prove. But I don't appreciate you falsely accusing me of a wrongdoing when you don't know me. It's of poor character and ignorant. Learn how to read before you write libelous statements.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:33 AM
Evolved Member

BTW, A lot of bad law being thrown around in this thread.

Police can enter a house or business without a warrant only given certain exigent circumstances( emergency, fleeing felon, fear of spoilage of evidence, etc).

Warrants are most likely easily granted in places like St. Johns where crime is low (just my opinion), and a judge or magistrate must approve the affidavit to grant a warrant (fact).
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone actually a police officer here? Coz seems like no one knows anything about warrants.

A raid needs a warrant. That's the end of that.

Now for a hypothetical situation: a cop is engaging a fleeing suspect and the said suspect went through a crack house, or in this case a chop shop, the cop can use his judgement to either a) pursue the suspect and leave the crack house behind, b) pursue the crack house operation. I can't remember what it's called verbatim right now, but I will ask tomorrow and report back. Or c) call in his coordinates to wherehe found the crack house and still pursue the fleeing suspect or vice versa.

Anyways, even though the officer didn't have a warrant for the crack house operation, he still found it red handed.

But what happened on this shop wasn't like in the hypothetical situation I just mentioned so this is cut and dry warrant operation, especially when they're using felons doing time to help with the seizure. That takes time to clear the wardens desk.

Anyways, I'm neither a cop or a lawyer, I just have knowledge of how these proceedings go since I have police officers in my family and friends. The speculations in this thread is very rampant. Like someone said earlier, ongoing investigations is tight lid. Only official press release would be accessible to the public until the case is closed...then it goes to public records.

Either way, his rep is shot mostly because of the raid, either innocent or guilty, and this thread. I'm not saying the thread did a lot of damage, but because if not for this thread I wouldn't even know what had happened.

Just my .02

Last edited by Panda_stunter; Aug 14, 2012 at 03:28 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dtrackstar
BTW, A lot of bad law being thrown around in this thread.

Police can enter a house or business without a warrant only given certain exigent circumstances( emergency, fleeing felon, fear of spoilage of evidence, etc).

Warrants are most likely easily granted in places like St. Johns where crime is low (just my opinion), and a judge or magistrate must approve the affidavit to grant a warrant (fact).
Like dtrackstar i know jeremy. I met him at the drag strip 4 years ago. Hes never done anything bad to me*or had attitude. I know he had a bad reputation on here already from bad sales but these charges are a bit more serious. But like many have said its not in the news and he is out. So time will tell what happens. I hope he does end up being free of charges, either way it goes he has just learned a life long lesson. We will see once he is on here to tell his side.

Last edited by Wickedwhite8; Aug 14, 2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

panda....the hypothetical situation your refering to is governed by plain view doctrine.

There was obviously a warrant issued in this circumstance. Like I mentioned before, warrants are granted by judges or magistrates if the affidavit is based on probable cause. I don't think it's too difficult to get a warrant given this situation.

My references are based on the federal criminal procedure rules, if anyone is curious.

Last edited by dtrackstar; Aug 14, 2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Because screenshots of texts without the numbers on them are totally 100% legit evidence. Amirite?...

Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
Because screenshots of texts without the numbers on them are totally 100% legit evidence. Amirite?...
"That **** is crazy dude."
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the part where he says "for 3 years I've been the most honest person in the world..."

So I guess all of the people that said they had a bad transaction with him were just making stuff up to tear down his good name??
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
I like the part where he says "for 3 years I've been the most honest person in the world..."

So I guess all of the people that said they had a bad transaction with him were just making stuff up to tear down his good name??
This.

How can you not question his integrity after he makes a statement like that and there have clearly been issues in the past? He was set up, hes the most honest person, what a joke...

AMS, RoadRace, and other upstanding Evo vendors are always being targeted too...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:44 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by goodhart

You need to edit swearing out of those images or prepare to receive points.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha that made me laugh

Originally Posted by Ian0611

+1 i have read a few threads on him a while ago when i first started looking for parts one guy got 2 diff cams another a tranny in some type of plastic container that was all tore up something i think broke on the tranny lots of stuff even if it is true that hes "Innocent" still doesn't explain all that shady stuff he did.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

You could do a lot better than this dude.
  • Update your thread title so it's not so defaming/misleading. There's no material link between what you wrote, and reality.
  • Update your first post to include updates on what has happened since you haphazardly fell upon your keyboard and posted this thread. If you're going to make a 'fame' thread like this, keep it up to date?
  • Stop flaming the fire of idiocy. You served your purpose by giving us photos and what details you could at the time. For that, we thank you.
  • Have a

All of you who aren't directly impacted by this event (e.g. customers with outstanding orders) have no business in this thread other than gossiping like a bunch of father-figure-less school girls.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by webguy330i
You could do a lot better than this dude.
  • Update your thread title so it's not so defaming/misleading. There's no material link between what you wrote, and reality.
  • Update your first post to include updates on what has happened since you haphazardly fell upon your keyboard and posted this thread. If you're going to make a 'fame' thread like this, keep it up to date?
  • Stop flaming the fire of idiocy. You served your purpose by giving us photos and what details you could at the time. For that, we thank you.
  • Have a

All of you who aren't directly impacted by this event (e.g. customers with outstanding orders) have no business in this thread other than gossiping like a bunch of father-figure-less school girls.
Yep, and you calling names makes you the oracle of proper behavior. Its a public forum, anyone with internet access has a right to add to this thread.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

man i just ordered 950 dollars worth of stuff from him a week ago. I guess ill never see the parts which is no big deal buy i want my money back! Thats crazy that i just now found this out, i was wondering why it taking them so long to ship, its been a week now.

Quick Reply: IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided