Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Michigan EVO Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2004, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Matt - I was the one that Tom Payn called you about yesterday evening to find out if you were having any issues with your evolution. I may have seen you at Payn before. Are you the one who used to have a silver WRX that had Tein EDC problems?
Old Apr 8, 2004, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by KZEVO
Hey Matt - I was the one that Tom Payn called you about yesterday evening to find out if you were having any issues with your evolution. I may have seen you at Payn before. Are you the one who used to have a silver WRX that had Tein EDC problems?
Ohh, yeah! That was you, huh? COOL!

I mean, not cool about the problems you're having, but cool you're on here and put 2 & 2 together! We may have met, but if you're thinking about someone with a silver WRX - not me.

I used to have a Silverstone 350Z, and Im probably best known for my Silver FD (the picture is in Toms office). I now have my Evo and Im VERY happy (never thought a 4-banger could be so fun!). . .

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? Tom mentioned the dealer were having NO luck (surprise, surprise). . . my first couple guesses were BOV (defective, installed backwards), and vacuum hoses (split, leaking, not secured). . . Without actually seeing it Im lost.

Best of luck and hope to see you at some meets soon!
Old Apr 16, 2004, 09:33 AM

Oh wow, I knew there were more people around michigan with Lancers, seems when I drive around I never see a Lancer of any sort.

I, myself, just got a 02 oz rally and I really like it. Only had it for about 2 weeks and making a list of mods allready.

Anywho just wanted to say hello to all michiganders on here.

Laters
Old Apr 19, 2004, 09:35 AM

Oops, Guess I should have looked at the board sooner.....

Sorry I missed the event. Saw Evilution8 along dixie hiway the other night and he told me about the event.

I'm in the Clarkston Area. Work in Auburn Hills

I drove my evo all winter. Did not see another one untill 3 weeks ago. Now I've seen 3 black and 1 blue one.

Regards
Old Apr 20, 2004, 04:28 PM

Coldwater meet

Hey. Just wanted to let everyone know about a gathering in Michigan. I have a shop in Coldwater. Tuckey Motorsports. There is a car show in Coldwater on May 8th and 9th. We have had a party at the shop every year for the last 5 or 6 years on Saturday night. The car show has gotten pretty big, there will be about 1600 cars there and well over 10,000 spectators. There is a cruise on Saturday at 5 pm. I am planning on gathering a bunch of buddies and fellow HP junkies to do the show and cruise and we then will go to the shop. We will grill out some burgers and whatever, have a few barley pops or just pops, and have a good time Sat. night till whenever. I am actually thinking about haveing a buddy bring all his DJ equip. and really having sokme fun. We have had a good group at the shop in the past and it has turnd into holeshots out front, etc, etc. I have a few buddies on other forums and would like to get a bunch of EVO's here. My one buddy has a 680 RWHP Lightening, another a sweet S4 thats all done up, etc. Let's see if we can make a deal of this and have some fun. I can help arrange if anyone wants to plan to stay in town at a motel or whetever. Sat. would be the day if someone wants to come for just the day or evening. The show also does bikes, stereo competition, swap meet, etc.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 06:24 AM

Hey everyone - just wanted to introduce myself as one of the newest members into the evo club.
I picked up my silver evo a few weeks ago and have had a smile on my face every day since
Anyway, I'm here in plymouth mi and look forward to meeting up with other evos in the area.

Let me know if you're nearby, 'cause I haven't seen you yet!

Dave
Old May 2, 2004, 08:48 AM

Wednesday May 5th

How about a North Oakland County getogether on May 5th?

The K mart on Dixie Hiway in Waterford has a car show every Wednesday night, it starts about 5pm and goes on till 10pm.

Any one else game to show up?
Old May 2, 2004, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Wed Night

I'm gonna try and make it wed. night, as this is my only night off during the week....any other Japanese cars in Waterford? It's one of the only places I've been hassled by domestic drivers (rednecks).
Old May 3, 2004, 01:07 PM

I've never brought a oriental car there. But, I've had no problem bringing either of my porsches there in the past. I'll be there about 6:30 myself.

There are several STi's in Waterford and a few hot ecllipses.

Anyone know an eclipse with a personalized licence plate xtasy?
Old May 14, 2004, 09:16 PM

Next time we meet....

Hey guys was just wondering if there was going to be another meeting in michigan, I have not been to one yet, and would like to see other evo/oz/lancer/rally art owners and cars. Mine is still stock but first upgrade, allready underway, is a sound system. Anywho, ive been seeing a few more lancers and ozs around so I'm thinking we should all meet up soon, maybe at the movement, or demf as some of you might know it, I am going saturday night.

So yeah, what you guys think?
Old May 20, 2004, 08:45 PM

Michigan Meet June 19th????

We should have a Evo meet on June 19th at Milan Drag. It would be sweet to be there because some of us could run too. I think it is 50 bucks to race all day. What does everyone think It is about an hour south of Detroit.
Old May 21, 2004, 07:35 AM

Hey I used to live in grand rapids about 2 weeks ago but Just moved to Florida....
I am not sure if you know this.. but you guys look like we did when we started.. our club... MLC <MidwestLancerClub> We have logos' a website in progress.. its like our 3rd one..
and close to 300 members..in the club with over 20 Evo's...

I was think maybe you guys could hop on with us... and keep things alive...!! in Mi.. we have 7 chapters.. .cause we cover 7 states... there are atleast 5 people in michigan on our site that I can think of that would love to see an active michigan scene.... one being a girl who knows more aobut cars then most men I know...

See if its something you might be intrested in... our site is www.MidwestLancers.com/forums

We have are gonna have our 2nd Annual BBQ in Chicago this year... we are planning to have close to 60-80 cars this year.... We would be honored if you would like to be a part of our.. team...!!!
We have vinyl logo's I supply them..
We have lots of group buys..
Lots of stuff for sale from other owners..
and most of all LOTS OF FUN!