Notices

manual gate or no?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manual gate or no?

I tried doing a search but did not find any results. I was driving in super sport mode and paddle shifting but did not move the shifter to the manual gate. when I start from a stop it is in D1 and then I paddle shift accordingly which switches the box to a manual mode. when I come to a light or stop, the gears down shift on there own and it return to D1 until you start all over again. all was fine until I did a full throttle run which i mentioned starts in D1 until I manually shift it. under full throttle, the transmission shifted from 1st to 3rd gear. I panicked and got off the gas. I tried it again and the same crap happened. 1st-3rd gear. I tried one last time with the shifter in the manual gate and bingo! the transmission shifted flawlessly 1,2,3,4,5. did that once more and no skipping gears. my question is should I always have the shifter in the manual gate under full throttle accelerations? I know i definitely wont be doing that again. any input would be appreciated. forgot to mention that the evo is a stock 2015 with the exception of a cat back and only has 600 miles.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my answer and realize what I did wrong, apparently starting in D1 and doing a wide open throttle run I paddle shifted at the same moment the transmission wants to shift thus causing it to shift to 3rd gear.
Old May 5, 2016, 06:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had this happen to me early on when I was learning the car and discovered the same thing. Now if i'm going to use the paddles/shifter, I always throw it to the left first. What I like is that when you come to a full stop it will put it in first gear for you, just in case you weren't paying attention and didn't downshift all the way. Almost dummy-proof