Notices

2013 Evo X MR sst wired noises

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2013 Evo X MR sst wired noises

Before i get yelled at for not looking around to see what is happening,ive tried to look up everything, but heres the problem, the transmission is very loud and clunky, recently i did a full fluid change before that change the transmission was very smooth and relatively quiet, after that fluid change the hot summer months of socal sat in, about a week ago i noticed that the transmission was very harsh and clunky i thought it was maybe just a thing that happened and itll fix it self but it dident, now coming to stops going from second gear to frist gear there is a very very loud shifting noise and then after coming to a stop theres a noise, also changing gears when in low speeds there is the same sound like the gears are being slammed together. If anyone can help me out as of what i should do that would be great, heres is some info.
Car: 2013 Evo X MR

last sst fluid change:at 29k miles

miles on the car now:34k miles

mods done: Injen Evolution intake,Injen uicp, Turbosmart duel port bov, Borla s-type Catback exhaust.

last oil change: 3 days ago

not over boosting,not knocking,afr is dead on.

Ive heard that it may be the battery that needs to be unpluged and then pluged back in but im not sure>
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the same sort of noises, but shifting is not harsh. Loud pop noise of the shift fork engaging first when I come to a complete stop in normal automatic mode, on top of that a nasty grind on startup sound (see the thread for it). Might be too little fluid? This thing does take nearly 2 gallons of oil. Also you gotta have the OEM fluid, anything else is a no-go for this transmission. A full teach-in could help a little bit too.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 07:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
As with ANY complaint for an auto trans, first thing, check the fluid level. You take the plug out of the side of the trans, wait until it stops draining/dripping, then ADD fluid through the fill hole on the top of the trans until fluid runs out of the level check hole, wait for it to slow to just dripping, and plug it up. This has to be done with the trans at 40*C, +/-5*C.

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/outl...0018200ENG.HTM
Old May 2, 2018, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
That is not the correct fill procedure for the transmission. The factory procedure is to drain the transmission for 3 minutes, then add 5.5 Liters. The link is for an SUV version of the transmission which has a different case and different oiling, and requires certain run time prior to using the side plug.
Old May 2, 2018, 02:27 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
I just drain it for a really long time into a container that i can then measure what came out and put exactly that much back in. So far so good.
The following users liked this post:
RevMaynard (Aug 16, 2020)