Notices

vibrating sounds from exhaust / ETS V2

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vibrating sounds from exhaust / ETS V2

I've noticed these sounds a while ago, but it became a bit louder and occurs more in the past week. my evo is an SST, so assuming am on 6th going 120 km/h and just remove my foot from the pedal, as its slowing down, you hear that vibrating sound, something metal-ish. every time i go check the exhaust they say its fine. i can hear the sounds coming from the mid section of the car and more towards the right side (driving w/windows down)

any idea what might be the problem?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:56 AM

Wth?

50+ views and no replies.. how wonderful ;P
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Do you have our full exhaust system? or just the catback? If you just have the catback, do you have someone else downpipe and test pipe?

The reason I ask, is we have several complaints about competitor test pipes rubbing against the drive line shield.

ETS

This is usually where we here vibration or metal/metal sounds.

I will be in and out of appointments today, but I will make sure to reply back to this thread as soon as i can.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:21 AM

No, its a full ETS. (ETS fan ;P) so what to do now? how would i solve this problem?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
So your having a shop check the exhaust for clearance? The only thing I can think of is if they left some of the shielding on underneath and it's rubbing against the exhaust. Maybe they bent one of the removable shields?

Honestly, i haven't had a problem with vibration or fitment with the v2. We trace the OEM routing which gives us a ton of room like the pictures above.

Do you have any pictures of underneath the vehicle that i may take a look at? It's hard to diagnose a problem without seeing pictures or getting an understanding from where it may be coming from.

I'm here to help though Did the exhaust always make this noise or just recently?

Michael
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:05 AM

as i said, it wasnt that often and not that noticeable. but lately i hear it like once a day or once every two days (i drive my Evo daily). Plus, the garage i installed the exhaust in removed the shield because they thought it was the cause of the noise. apparently not!

i will try to get pics soon. Thanks so much for your help. really appreciate it.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Get under the car and look for clearance yourself; I'm sure something is rubbing somewhere...maybe an o2 sensor?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

amazingly once again that michael from ETS immediately jumps into this complaint before anyone else even gets in a post. go ETS!