Notices
Mitsubishi Vehicles (Airtrek / Outlander) Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

2003 Outlander to Airtrek conversion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2021, 04:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OzAirtrek
They had outlander in the USA. Can't you just get some from a wrecker and mail them over?
Outlander and Airtrek are different fronts on, "same car" otherwise but front is different for CU2W and CU4W etc. Headlights vary on Outlanders and Airtreks, along with the entire front as well (minus the wheel-arches, that are the same).

So the dual section style headlights from the Airtrek are not exactly easy to find as LHD, but the Outlander ones came in both LHD and RHD
Old Nov 12, 2021, 05:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Mainfold
I'm guessing there is ZERO chance this is gonna be seen, let alone get a related reply even.. but I was wondering.. How did you deal with the RHD headlight-situation?
Did you modify the reflector cup in the headlight, or did you somehow find European style "flat + right-side upwards" beam pattern, or U.S flat-beam ones?

I'm wanting to do a Airtrek Conversion on my Outlander and I'm struggling with the headlight-beam situation (as JDM RHD beams are not legal here in Norway where I'm from, but U.S "flat-beam" is legal, even though we have "left-side flat, right angle-up"-beams here, aka "european headlight beam pattern"), been finding some seemingly LHD Airtreks in videos on youtube, that seem to be "stock" cars.. but have no clue what the headlights are like (if they are LHD with RHD-beams etc)
In the end I made my own headlights. I retro fitted VW Mk7.5 projectors into the airtrek housings. I’m sure you can also install a set of projectors into the Airtrek headlights and aim them the right way to be legal in your country.

upload photo

free image hosting site

upload photos online

Last edited by apoopoo999; Nov 12, 2021 at 05:58 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 02:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Made tail lights too

Old Jan 18, 2022, 08:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sadly it is not legal to retrofit projectors in Europe into headlights that do not come with projectors already, so the only hope might be bulb/anti-glare shield modification it seems. Talked to the conversion dudes in the netherlands about it and they just have the competency or skills for it, only bolt-in mods type of conversions.