Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2002, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need some advice.

im trying to getting into rally racing as well as other forms of racing. ive been saving money to buy a car and was wanting to get an evo if possible so that i could use it as my personal car for a while and then strip it down to turn into a rally car to use in the scca. the thing is i dont really want to pay the extra money to make it street legal if im only gona drive it on the road for a year or so. so i was planning to wait for the US release of the evo but now i am hearing that it may not come with all of the features im going to want in a rally car (ayc, acd, etc...). racing is all ive ever wanted to do and building the car would be half the fun for me so im torn between what i should do. i want to have a street legal evo so that i can become very familiar with the AWD format and the car in general before i try to rally with it. if anyone has any advice for me id really like to hear it as im young and just want to do things right so that i can have a future in racing.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 03:54 AM
Evolving Member

rally school is a start....
Old Nov 11, 2002, 03:58 AM

yea ive been looking into school's. i found one in florida call the euro rally school which is supposed to be good. but if you konw of other ones id love to hear about them as i plan to attend one this summer. i also just finished high school and was wondering what i should goto school for now that would help me in my racing career.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 03:10 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I read about a couple schools in an issue of SCC a few months back. I'll see if I can't find the issues and some info for you.

According to SCC they're the USA's top 2. I hope you can go. I assure you I'll be green with envy.

EDIT: May 2002 SCC p211.

Team O'Neil Rally school:
Team O'Neil Car Control Center
Franconia, NJ
(603)823-5588
http://www.teamoneil.com

and

European Rally School:
(The one you know in FL but for everyone else's benefit)
Starke, FL
(352)473-2999
http://www.gorally.com

Hope that helps and good luck. I wish I had the money and time to do it myself.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Nov 15, 2002 at 03:22 PM.