Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

daytona 24 hour testing pics

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2006, 07:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should be an awesome 24 this year. Watch or no watch looks like its going to be as good as 01 was.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GregGSC
Should be an awesome 24 this year. Watch or no watch looks like its going to be as good as 01 was.
Can hardly wait for this one!
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:11 AM

pics

awesome pics!
I miss the US!!!
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:14 PM

it's always Porsches on those endurance races. We some other make cars.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:57 AM
Former Sponsor

yea.. cause porsche is the car to have...
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

As far as endurance racing goes and even short races, it is amazing to see how dominant the 911 has been. It has evolved over the 30+ years, but remains true to the original design. I can't wait to see how the 997 continues in the tradition.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

IMO- The GTO.R's were sandbagging a bit at the test days. They are smarter (er um faster) than that. But.... The GT3 Cup car is the car to have for a 24 hour race. I see the Sigal Sport BMW with Auberlan being tougher over 24 hours than the GTO.R. That being said, the PTG guys did terrible last year at the 24. So the 911 is the car to have.

Leh's team is fielding a 996 based GT3 Cup car for the 24 and although it may be a tick slower than the newer 997 based cars, it is a proven car. Yes both are Porsches but the 997's have little to no endurance experience so far.

I say look for the Tafel and Farnbacher cars to run up front in the class early with the GTO.R and BMW. Once the Pontiac and BMW hit trouble it will be Tafel, Farnbacher, TPC, and Synergy up front. There are no weak links in Leh's entry so they will be fast in every shift.

With solid pit work and some luck a podium for sure and a very possible win is in the forecast.

Although the Mazda RX8 will not be a factor at the end of the 24 hours it sure will be cool to hear the wankel rotory on the highbanks. The Reese Vette and the Stevnson Vette will make the V-8 people happy but once again it will be a Porsche race!!! I hope.

Good luck Leh, see ya down there friday-ish.

Derek
Old Jan 13, 2006, 01:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by dmeluzio22
IMO- The GTO.R's were sandbagging a bit at the test days. They are smarter (er um faster) than that. But.... The GT3 Cup car is the car to have for a 24 hour race. I see the Sigal Sport BMW with Auberlan being tougher over 24 hours than the GTO.R. That being said, the PTG guys did terrible last year at the 24. So the 911 is the car to have.

Leh's team is fielding a 996 based GT3 Cup car for the 24 and although it may be a tick slower than the newer 997 based cars, it is a proven car. Yes both are Porsches but the 997's have little to no endurance experience so far.

I say look for the Tafel and Farnbacher cars to run up front in the class early with the GTO.R and BMW. Once the Pontiac and BMW hit trouble it will be Tafel, Farnbacher, TPC, and Synergy up front. There are no weak links in Leh's entry so they will be fast in every shift.

With solid pit work and some luck a podium for sure and a very possible win is in the forecast.

Although the Mazda RX8 will not be a factor at the end of the 24 hours it sure will be cool to hear the wankel rotory on the highbanks. The Reese Vette and the Stevnson Vette will make the V-8 people happy but once again it will be a Porsche race!!! I hope.

Good luck Leh, see ya down there friday-ish.

Derek
thanks for the well thought out update, I hope you continue them