Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Track Day at Autobahn Country Club Near Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I found it hard to find a fast line at Autobahn.....I guess thats the fun of it.....definately isn't a no brainer track.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 05:32 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lexat20
Does anyone know of other races going on in the area? I am looking to do some auto X and some road coarses this year but having a hard time finding some within 100 miles.
LexaT20:

We are already about 1/2 full for the June 5th Auotbahn track day. It appears a number of people have driven and enjoyed the north or south courses, but not the full 3.56 mile course. Demand has been overwhelming!

Feel free to contact me at Feffman@Yahoo.com with questions or for a registration form. You can register on linw with Pay Pal at:
http://www.lotuscarclub.org/trackday.htm

Hope to have some of the EVO gang with us!

Mark

Last edited by Feffman; Jan 22, 2006 at 06:49 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
very interested, subscribing.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I see on the registration form NO MOTORCYCLE HELMETS ......that is goofy. An M2000 is superior to an SA95. Is that a misprint?
Old Jan 23, 2006, 04:36 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
I see on the registration form NO MOTORCYCLE HELMETS ......that is goofy. An M2000 is superior to an SA95. Is that a misprint?
Evil:

No misprint. An SA rated helmet is Nomex lined and padded to prevent one's head from catching on fire. The M rated helmets are cotton or nylon lined. Our liability insurance carrier says "NO" to motorcycle helmets. This is in fact the last year we will allow an SA95 helemt as next year we will have a minimum requirement of SA2000 helemts. Hey at least we aren't requiring a Hans device (or similar) like several other car clubs.

Mark
Old Jan 23, 2006, 05:11 AM
Evolving Member

guys, I looked into this and you can get SA2000 helmets for around $150 if you don't have one (as I don't currently).

as soon as I confirm my availability for this date I'm securing my position. Now I just need to get the GSX in fit condition for the inspection.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay....I just paid and I cross refereced this a few local car clubs....I believe several others from the area have already signed up.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've paid. Anyone else?
Old Jan 27, 2006, 04:58 AM
Account Disabled

Hi All:

We just passed the 1/2 way full mark for the June 5th Autobahn Country Club track day. Hope you'll join us!

For more details visit:

http://www.LotusCarClub.org/trackday.htm

Happy Motoring!

Mark Pfeffer
Old Jan 27, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

I'm confirmed too.

Hey Jeff, if you need a place to crash the night before I'm located pretty close to the track. PM me if you're interested.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

I am very interested in this event. I have been considering getting out to a track event for years. However, I've never participated or even been to a track day. Should i take a class first? What do you have to do/pay to get an instructor to ride with you? I am not fully familiar with the vehicle and driver requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to participate but i also don't want to just dive in not knowing what to expect. I'd hate to make a fool of myself and/or ruin someone's day. This sounds like a great time and i will be there even if it's only as a spectator.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know anything about this particluar event, but I track my EVO all the time in Calif. and Nev. Every event I have ever been to has a class for beginners. Usually a short classroom session in the morning, followed by a "lead follow" session where the newbies follow the instructors around the track, and then run sessions all day in which you work with an instructor in your car.

If you make the decision to do it (and I hope you do), one warning: It is ADDICTIVE. Going out for one event in your stock street car, doesn't cost much. Just the entry fee, maybe some racing fuel if you want to, wear and tear on the car isn't much for one track day. But if you get hooked, its lots of expensive mods, R-compound tires on an extra set of wheels, racing brake pads, oceans of race gas, entry fees, hotel and travel costs, etc. etc. etc. Then if something expensive breaks, well . . .
Old Jan 28, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

!!!
Old Jan 28, 2006, 03:15 PM
Account Disabled

Lotus Ltd. will be including a catered lunch for the June 5th Autobahn track day with your registration. For on line regsitration visit:

http://www.LotusCarClub.org/trackday.htm

Or contact me at (314) 889-0572 or Feffman@Yahoo.com for a registration packet or details.

Happy Motoring!

Mark Pfeffer - Lotus Ltd. Track Day Coordinator
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
I don't know anything about this particluar event, but I track my EVO all the time in Calif. and Nev. Every event I have ever been to has a class for beginners. Usually a short classroom session in the morning, followed by a "lead follow" session where the newbies follow the instructors around the track, and then run sessions all day in which you work with an instructor in your car.
Feffman, will this event be similar to what richard evo describes? will it have a class for beginners?

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
If you make the decision to do it (and I hope you do), one warning: It is ADDICTIVE. Going out for one event in your stock street car, doesn't cost much. Just the entry fee, maybe some racing fuel if you want to, wear and tear on the car isn't much for one track day. But if you get hooked, its lots of expensive mods, R-compound tires on an extra set of wheels, racing brake pads, oceans of race gas, entry fees, hotel and travel costs, etc. etc. etc. Then if something expensive breaks, well . . .
Yeah i'm already sorta committed... I've got SS brake lines, Hawk Pads, Motul fluid, gauges (boost, EGT, and Oil temp),and a Simpson Helmet(right now it just adds to the decor on my desk). I'll consider some R compounds when i actually get out there a few times. I'm sure the advans won't last long after my first event.

Quick Reply: Track Day at Autobahn Country Club Near Chicago