Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Self alignment for track - anyone doing it?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2007, 09:55 AM
ez
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The toe plates are quick and handy way to get toe for the front wheels relative to each other. Just remember that a proper alignment is done for all four wheels relative to the chassis...

Originally Posted by MRinChrist
Old Mar 23, 2007, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

All you have to do is go to discount tire, firestone, etc and purchase the lifetime alignment from them. You can bring your car in as often as you like checking what setting works best for you. I have buddies that bring their cars there 2-4 times a month when they got the alignment. It cost around 170+tax. Cheaper and easier than buying the equipment and doing it yourself
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 7oey
All you have to do is go to discount tire, firestone, etc and purchase the lifetime alignment from them. You can bring your car in as often as you like checking what setting works best for you. I have buddies that bring their cars there 2-4 times a month when they got the alignment. It cost around 170+tax. Cheaper and easier than buying the equipment and doing it yourself

Wow!...Thanks bro...The way I beat the living **** outta my ride, that sounds like a great deal...Gotta love America!
Old Mar 24, 2007, 03:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 7oey
I tried that once and hit a brick wall (firestone). The shop couldn't get my car on the alignment rack because of the low ride height. I asked if they could just use some 2X4's and the manager started rambling that they only do stock alignments......no "racing alignments" You might have to check around because every store is probably different.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

I took my Evo to the local Les Schwab and asked for -2.0 up front, -1.5 in the back and 0 toe. I told them it was going to the track the next day so they didn't have any problems with doing a special alignment. My car is lowered with Swifts/Bilstein too.