Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2007 f1 thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2007, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Official 2007 f1 thread

Since we have quite a few random f1 threads on this forum, I think we need a centralized thread to discuss everything f1... Race results, predictions, and the usual f1 gossip.

I'll start things off:
Is anyone going to the Canadian or US GP? What grandstand will you be sitting in? Who do you think will win?

I'll me sitting in grandstand 11 at the canadian gp, and kimi HAS to win.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Nick,

Thnaks for your private PM invitation to your post. I planned last year on going to the Indi but I ended backing up from the deal. Watching them on TV is very comfortable and you get to see the repetition whenever there is a crash or something.

I might consider going this year but I am not sure about it. Definately not going to the Canada.

As I told you on the private message, Ferraris are better for top end and maybe they will have more chances on this coming up two races.

Carlos
Old Jun 17, 2007, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

there is so much to talk about with todays US GP, but before the discusion begins and i spoil it with a lame question.... what ties does hamilton have with pharell williams? they talked about him meeting with him the night before and then he was standing with lewis's father....

all in all good race... and i figured i would stir the pot and get the juices flowing by stating that hamilton did NOT block alonso on the front strait
Old Jun 17, 2007, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matyb

there is so much to talk about with todays US GP, but before the discusion begins and i spoil it with a lame question.... what ties does hamilton have with pharell williams? they talked about him meeting with him the night before and then he was standing with lewis's father....

all in all good race... and i figured i would stir the pot and get the juices flowing by stating that hamilton did NOT block alonso on the front strait

Hamilton is the new Tiger Woods... Pharell probably just wanted to meet the new driver who seems to be able walk on water.

As far as the blocking dilemna goes, im waiting to see a video clip before I make final judgement. A driver is legally allowed to make one move to block the other driver (either to the left or the right). If the driver then moves the other way to block (making 2 directional changes) then that is considered illegal according to the FIA rules. From what i remember, Hamilton only made one directional move, but I will have to see the video clip to make final judgement
Old Jun 17, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

^^^
if you watch it you can clearly see there was no malicious intent. Hamilton did only make one move and it was to HIS line. i just figured it was gonna be something people had a bad taste in there mouths about
Old Jul 8, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Kimi wins 2 in a row and now has the most wins of the season

that is all
Old Jul 8, 2007, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

^ Looks like he took all the criticism too heart. This championship is turning into a 3 way dogfight. I think Hamilton sacrificed the win too get the pole. Bad move.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 06:14 AM
Former Sponsor

^i would agree with that assessment. running light on fuel at the start really hurt hamilton. kimi really busted out some nice laps when he had to too

massa drove really well as well coming from the pit to a 5th place finish.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=evobeaner;4518444]^ Looks like he took all the criticism too heart. This championship is turning into a 3 way dogfight. I think Hamilton sacrificed the win too get the pole. Bad move.[/QUO

I think that both the McLarens had to run lighter if they were going to try to keep up with the Ferrari's. On the med-to-high downforce tracks they got nothin' for the Scuderia. Look at Alonso's strategy to run super light in the middle stint, McLaren is lucky that Massa stalled on the grid, it would have been another Ferrari 1-2. Did you guy's see how fast Massa was coming through the field? That was awesome to watch... Easily one of his finast drives... I also found it very interesting that the Ferrari's and the McLarens chose different tire strategies.
The Ring is next...
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Did you guys see C Alber got let go... I told you he was going to be looking for a job soon, after that little incident at Magny-Cours.
They said one of his sponsers hasn't paid, so they had to do it. I'm not sure thats the whole story.
Looks like Klein is going to race again.