Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

EVO Aerodynamics Review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jedibow
Killer did you get my photos of my underbody?

George
Crap, yeah totally forgot. I'll post em tomorrow, at work now.

Originally Posted by jedibow
Also in the thread "Evo 8 Aero" Evolutionary provides photos of how he attached his underbody tray?
I'll have to look, never saw it before.

Originally Posted by EVOizmm
2014 the evo came out like 3 time total. I really want to do more with in in 2015. No full flat bottom as that's against the class rules in the new series I'm running with.
No more NASA? Crossing my fingers I'll get my TT license this year.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by killerpenguin21

No more NASA? Crossing my fingers I'll get my TT license this year.
I love NASA, but there is hardly enough people to make contingencies most of the time. and all the NASA events for me are 6-12 hour drives. Plus sponsor don't seem to give 2 shxts about NASA.

sorry for derailing a little, here a picture of my allumilite rear diffuser.

Old Dec 27, 2014, 03:44 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts

Dayum
Old Dec 27, 2014, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I love NASA, but there is hardly enough people to make contingencies most of the time. and all the NASA events for me are 6-12 hour drives. Plus sponsor don't seem to give 2 shxts about NASA.

sorry for derailing a little, here a picture of my allumilite rear diffuser.
Shizzaam

Looks Time Attackish

Last edited by Solenoid; Dec 30, 2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Andy, are you referring to Grid Life or USCC?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
sucks to hear about nasa in your region. our northeast region was like that for the first few years. but it has blew up last couple years. they had to cap the max entries to 30-40 (depends on the track). if you don't reg early, you couldn't get in.

I was able to get a few decent sponsorship just from running with nasa. I'm lucky to be able to run with two different nasa region because of where i live (northeast and mid-atlantic).
Old Dec 28, 2014, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Looks like Voltex just made the Type 11 rear wing available to the public (essentially the one that's on the Tilton car). Still no data that I can find though... and WOW that price.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...de=VOLTEX_WING
Old Dec 28, 2014, 06:07 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by RJones
Looks like Voltex just made the Type 11 rear wing available to the public (essentially the one that's on the Tilton car). Still no data that I can find though... and WOW that price.

and that's JUST the wing; NO uprights. hahahahahahahaha @ that price.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 06:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by RJones

may be able to get you some info if required as we know the owner of the tilton evo
Old Dec 28, 2014, 09:29 PM
EvoM Guru

saw a few of you asking about how to mount up your splitters etc so thought id share a few photos of mine and how they are mounted.

Sorry about the poor quality photos, lighting in my garage isnt ideal for photographs.

back view of mounting blocks

side view of mountings

underside of undertray at front. countersunk screws into anchor nuts attaching to the front lip and brackets at the rear holding splitter on. also two large turnbuckles attach directly to the bumper subframe which u can see in the first pic

left hand side wheel arch looking forward

left hand arch looking up

right hand arch mountings
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:29 AM
EvoM Guru

any of you guys done much research into canards etc?

Just made some new larger ones up for mine. be keen to hear if anybody has done any research into them
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:31 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by bee-raddd
any of you guys done much research into canards etc?

Just made some new larger ones up for mine. be keen to hear if anybody has done any research into them
i read they are to direct air to the back of the car and over the wing? if so, i did not know that. i always assumed they were for front downforce.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
its two fold:

its more of a "trim" device if you know about airplanes. it will add front downforce but only slightly. but between the small effect and fact that the bumper will just flex/sag etc, its really nothing significant on a road going car. (low speed flow where they are located and close to body so you start fighting the boundary layer)

they do create vortices which can begin to effect/help the rear wing. can also help create a flow that will turbulent air from leaking to the underbody and effecting other things.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 03:29 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
its two fold:

its more of a "trim" device if you know about airplanes. it will add front downforce but only slightly. but between the small effect and fact that the bumper will just flex/sag etc, its really nothing significant on a road going car. (low speed flow where they are located and close to body so you start fighting the boundary layer)

they do create vortices which can begin to effect/help the rear wing. can also help create a flow that will turbulent air from leaking to the underbody and effecting other things.
so they help, but aren't as necessary as a wing or splitter?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 04:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
i read they are to direct air to the back of the car and over the wing? if so, i did not know that. i always assumed they were for front downforce.
I always just assumed that they were from front downforce also until i posted the japanese video of the cyber evo and somebody translated what you mentioned.

Guess i just took it for granted that it would act like a front splitter does. but when u really think about it the surface area isnt enough to really give any sort of force load so it does make sense that they are almost a channel to guide air to the rear wing.

What id really love to figure out is what size and angle etc equates to what.

Eg is there a certain angle that they should point relative to the size of your wing ect.

Quick Reply: EVO Aerodynamics Review