Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

My first NASA Lime Rock race weeekend

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by letMeIn
wow what a bull . Can't believe your car has to be 89db in order to race.. No way Im putting silencer on my Greddy ti.. Guess no Lime Rock for me then..

Any other tracks in North East with the same rule. Ive been to pocono race track, and they didn't have noise level restrictions.
1 of the 3 Michigan tracks has a rule like this. Waterford Hills has a 92dB or so limit (my old house was down the road -- and there are houses that have been built all around it). My brothers Z28 was flagged for it. I was right on the border. They measure it on the short straight-away...which is also the fastest, highest rev's part of the track...grr.

Hey Kyle, when you come over to Mid-Ohio shoot me a PM or email. MO is a relatively close track for me to drive down to.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:29 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
1 of the 3 Michigan tracks has a rule like this. Waterford Hills has a 92dB or so limit (my old house was down the road -- and there are houses that have been built all around it). My brothers Z28 was flagged for it. I was right on the border. They measure it on the short straight-away...which is also the fastest, highest rev's part of the track...grr.

Hey Kyle, when you come over to Mid-Ohio shoot me a PM or email. MO is a relatively close track for me to drive down to.
The NASA NE supervisor is trying to get me to go to Nationals @ MO in September. Right now i'm 1 race away from not being a rookie... If i decide to go, i'm gunna need all the help I can get when im there lol.

Kyle
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kingkyle
The NASA NE supervisor is trying to get me to go to Nationals @ MO in September. Right now i'm 1 race away from not being a rookie... If i decide to go, i'm gunna need all the help I can get when im there lol.

Kyle
Awesome! Id be more than happy to come down and help ya out!
Old Aug 12, 2007, 08:48 AM

Thanks.. what car were you driving?

I'll be at the NASA/PDA Glen race in October def. That should be a race and a half... that porsche is better off at the Glen. But then again.. i'll be in his class then too. I'll be 300lbs lighter with funcitonal aero

Kyle
The Glen (obviously) is a huge long legged HP track....I love running HPDE there myself for that reason..

As far as my car, I'm just a little HPDE guy in a 97 240sx...

Nothing in your leauge AT ALL. Street car, small turbo...dynoed 400whp/330 ft lbs @ 20 psi (gt2871r .64 turbo)...but that is way way way to much for street tires on track. I turn the boost down to 13/14 for HPDE

We watched the NASA race because our good friend Joe Dominno (91 Sentra SE-R ...the crashed up blue one) was up there racing too...

And my bad on thinking I had alot of your car...I must have been confused with all of the XX Tuning guys being there. So here is my one shot when you guys came off track...

Originally Posted by Balrok
From what i'm reading, it seems there's a neighborhood round there? And its getting bought or has been bought and is now part of a country club? What kinda crap is that?
It is becomming a country club, and it is in a hoity area. It's the track in the NE that I can think of that has a Db rule.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I find it funny. You build a track in nowhere decades ago, nobody in sight. Years later some developer decides to build a community right next to it. Then they tell you to enforce noise level restrictions on your property couse they don't want to be bothered with engine noise.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Unfortunatly the track will no longer be available for club racing and DE days. Its going to be a "country club" next year and I really dont think many people will pay to play there.
Kyle
Nooooooo !!!!! Those b*stards !! I've dreamed about running that course since i could drive.

Anyhoo - congrats on the great job. That's an awesome accomplishment and a lot of us younger guys ( like me ) could learn from you.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Lil red '03
Nooooooo !!!!! Those b*stards !! I've dreamed about running that course since i could drive.

Anyhoo - congrats on the great job. That's an awesome accomplishment and a lot of us younger guys ( like me ) could learn from you.
Thanks,

You might still be able to run the track with some groups. Most "country club" tracks still offer public HPDE days with some groups. You will still need to keep the car quiet though.

Kyle