Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

My first NASA Lime Rock race weeekend

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 06:32 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first NASA Lime Rock race weeekend

Well... I had a really great first race weekend with NASA northeast. We had 2 sprint races.... one friday and one saturday. The car was very fast and ran without a problem. Thanks to Jimmy at "the shop" the car held up in the 95+ degree heat.

Friday started off with noise problems. Lime Rock Park requires cars to be 89db!!!! I started off at 98db and with some help of fellow racers, they let me borrow a silencer and I also used my turn down to direct the sound away from the meter. I managed to get the car quiet enough to race.

I managed to qualify for race #1 on pole with a 59.7..... NO one got a clean lap. I had a over take 4 cars on my fastest lap and the best I could do is 59.7.

Race #1 was a great race doing battle against this car! A 650whp twin turbo 996 GT3 cup car!

I managed to hang with him until he had a noise violation and I took the overall win.

Race #2 qualifying... I got some clear track and managed to click off a 57.6! On pole again!

Here is the video from that qually session
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhD9ozlf9Xk

Race#2... I managed to run fast laps the first part of the race and the twin turbo GT3 cup car was unable to catch me.

Here are some pics from the race weekend.

Race #1 start

Race #2 start

Other shots

Last edited by kingkyle; Aug 6, 2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Thrilling!

Nice weekend! Looks well spent. What was your overall opion on Limerock, a bit short in areas you want to stand on the pedal more, a bit bumpy?

That turn down is sexy!
Old Aug 6, 2007, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Awesome job Kyle!
Old Aug 6, 2007, 07:14 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by r.m.s.
Thrilling!

Nice weekend! Looks well spent. What was your overall opion on Limerock, a bit short in areas you want to stand on the pedal more, a bit bumpy?

That turn down is sexy!
Thanks!

I really love lime rock... its very bumpy and not a "typical" track but man its got a really nice rhythem to it. Unfortunatly the track will no longer be available for club racing and DE days. Its going to be a "country club" next year and I really dont think many people will pay to play there.

Kyle
Old Aug 6, 2007, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

What class? ST1 or SU?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 08:56 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Percywork
What class? ST1 or SU?
I'm right on the edge of ST1 but I think if I go to Mid Ohio for nationals i'll step up to SU.

I'm 3240 with me in it and I have 485whp... so i'm right there. I can make the car 2700lbs easy so... i'm thinking for personal enjoyment... dropping the car to 2,700 will make the car super fast.

Kyle
Old Aug 6, 2007, 09:12 AM
djh
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Way to keep the Porsche in its place! But, jeez, from the last shot, how much camber are you running up front? Don't you get a little squirrelly when braking?

Dave
Old Aug 6, 2007, 09:24 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by djh
Way to keep the Porsche in its place! But, jeez, from the last shot, how much camber are you running up front? Don't you get a little squirrelly when braking?

Dave
haha neg 4 up front and only neg 1 in the rear. Not really too bad under braking because of the 285 tires. You need to sacrifice rear camber to get the car to rotate like mine does.

The car is freakin dialed in and I love it

Kyle
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

good job man.. way to clean house..

i see KILL hanging out there on the back quarter... looks like he had a fun ride...
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, frickin nice man! Car looks great on the track!

Arbi
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by kingkyle
haha neg 4 up front and only neg 1 in the rear. Not really too bad under braking because of the 285 tires. You need to sacrifice rear camber to get the car to rotate like mine does.

The car is freakin dialed in and I love it

Kyle
Awesome job. So now that we've seen your results, you mind sharing the technical setup details with the rest of us? engine and suspension specifically. Looks like you found some good combo's.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:25 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kingleh@GSC
good job man.. way to clean house..

i see KILL hanging out there on the back quarter... looks like he had a fun ride...
Thanks Leh... yeah the Kill was eating P-cars for lunch

BTW- gimmy the story behind the Kill dude... he looks like that dude nomukon er somthing on the Japanese time attack DVD's.

Kyle
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great job
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:33 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Balrok
Awesome job. So now that we've seen your results, you mind sharing the technical setup details with the rest of us? engine and suspension specifically. Looks like you found some good combo's.
Sure...

car is still a heavy F'n pig at 3060lbs without me to run in ST1 but it will be 2700lbs by my next race at the glen (and also the Redline TT at summit point) i'll be in Super Unlimited when I drop the weight.

Motor is a Buschur race block with all the best stuff inside, cosworth head, GSC S1 Cams for the TQ~!, and BR 3065 making 485whp and 460lbft

The speed really comes with my own custom designed for my car Penske 3way shocks with my secret hypercoil spring rates. Cant give you too much on these (my secret weapon) The price would make you cry.

I run stock brake calipers with RacingBrake 2pc front and rear rotors and DTC 70 pads front and rear with my own HOT Lap Motorsports brake cooling kit that kept my brakes cool with NO BRAKE FADE AT ALL after 2 30 min sprint races in 95 degree heat!!. BTW my custom brake cooling kit is only $239.. a really good bargen for the trackday guy who wants something that works and doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

18x9.5 Enkei NT03+M's wraped in Hooser R6's and Pirelli D5 slicks when I want to Kill.

I have a warehouse full of these Enkei's and selling them at a really good price too.

Kyle
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Kyle,

You are only 3.5 seconds off of ALMS GT2 winning times....kind of goes to show why they are not keen on seeing an Evo in World Challenge, ALMS, etc....You would have to run at your current weight or higher to make it a fair fight. If you weighed 2700 pounds you would be faster than the GT2 cars (ALMS) and would Kill the SWC cars.....what size are the R6's....305?

Quick Reply: My first NASA Lime Rock race weeekend