Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Question for those who datalog

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:08 AM
j1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody has used the asus eee pc for data logging? It's small, lightweight, cheap and has a solid state drive; it seems perfect for the job. It comes with linux, but windows could be installed on it to run evoscan.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...eee+pc&x=0&y=0
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:10 AM
j1

I guess one glaring deficiency of the eee pc is that it has a really low resolution (800x480). That might make using evoscan difficult.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Continuing on the lap data stuff, say you get the Traqmate basic. This is a separate hardware device that you have to attatch a computer to in which to pull the data off. This device retails for 599, Max Q pro (with the same features) retails for 599. So with MAX, do you have to have the pda do the logging live because their hardware has no logging capabilities, UNLIKE traqmate where it'll save the stuff for you to retrieve later while in the pits......

And why couldn't we just look at a series of gauges while on the straightaway for the engine vitals? And say have the CEL patch for the knock? Too many damn choices lol.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
And why couldn't we just look at a series of gauges while on the straightaway for the engine vitals? And say have the CEL patch for the knock? Too many damn choices lol.
another thing to consider is you may want to see engine vitals at times other than the straightway, when you can't look. Like when you downshift two to three gears at the end of the straightaway. I don't think I am able to look at gauges at times like that, but still wouldn't mind knowing what's going on then. Unless you have Defi Link gauges and are recording, you may never know.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

So was anything concluded? LOL

On really hot track days I'm really concerned about the health of the engine, especially when I'm hitting 6-7k rpms trying to catch that porsche/bmw/turbo-honda that refuses to give a point by and is dog slow in the corners