Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Super Touring 2 racing results - April 25-26 - BRP #13CW - Pics and Video

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
I hear ya, we just want to know the setup anyway, cause we're all at that same stage. Just like parts, don't need to divy out any setup/alignment secrets. I'm pretty much setup exactly like you, also considering the turd like aero of the evo. It's just aero is so damn expensive Do you get a rear tray/diffuser, or a different bumper, but if you get a different bumper, you have to build a bar, and maybe rethink the tow hook, etc etc etc lol. Trying to do it all systematically is hella fun, until you review the cost . Good luck bro!
Sorry, must have missed that part. List off questions you want to know about my setup and ill answer them accordingly. As for aero, its definitely expensive, so are CF parts.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Ya, I wish I had skills like Jid, so I could make my own damn trays

Well listing it would be long lol, but like what suspension, tire compound, pressures, brake pads/rotors you run?

What tire pressure you like hot?

Are you running low boost, lots of timing, or high boost, nill timing on the stock motor/turbo? or a combo?

What kind of oil do you like to run, and have you sent it off to get analyzed yet? (see what the stock motor punishment is like)

Do you like the R6's? Or would you consider jumping up to the slicks being you have points left?

What sways are you running? full stiff front, medium rear or what?

What does the car weigh in at currently? What parts have you removed/plan to still remove/replace?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Last edited by Balrok; Apr 30, 2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old May 1, 2009, 02:48 AM
Evolved Member

I am hoping the smaller racing mirrors on my Seibon doors lower the drag from the big stock mirrors.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Ya, I wish I had skills like Jid, so I could make my own damn trays

Well listing it would be long lol, but like what suspension, tire compound, pressures, brake pads/rotors you run?

What tire pressure you like hot?

Are you running low boost, lots of timing, or high boost, nill timing on the stock motor/turbo? or a combo?

What kind of oil do you like to run, and have you sent it off to get analyzed yet? (see what the stock motor punishment is like)

Do you like the R6's? Or would you consider jumping up to the slicks being you have points left?

What sways are you running? full stiff front, medium rear or what?

What does the car weigh in at currently? What parts have you removed/plan to still remove/replace?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Listing it would be long?

Thats ironic how its not listed on my website. I thought i had listed a few things. I had saved it but forgot to post it. A few general things are posted:

http://www.ednazarian.com/?page_id=19

- OEM engine, OEM Evo 9 turbo, HKS 272/272 cams
- All my power bits/maintenance/pretty much anything else i need is taken care of at RRE. Tuning done by Scot Gray from RRE, but im not sure about the details.
- At CS i had turned the boost down to about 23.3-23.5. At BRP i had turned the boost down to about 22.1-22.4. Car simply put feels great.
- Ive been running Redline 20w50 engine oil since i started doing track days with my Evo, circa late 06 or early 07. That oil was recommended by RRE and Muellerized. Never sent it in for testing.
- Moton Club sports by Muellerized
- OEM calipers coupled with Girodisc 2-piece rotors on all 4 corners. Since i have Girodisc listed as a sponsor i figured people would know. Besides, i mentioned in my thread how impressed i was with those rotors from both my races.
- Ran what was left of my Raybestos ST43 pads for all 4 races. Since all 4 races were on the 43s i cant really compare them to other pads during race conditions. I will say that i really like how they performed during all 4 races. Easy on rotors. Good bite. Dont create excessive heat.
- I ran the Hankook C51s at CS, but i ran the Hoosier R6s at BRP. At this juncture its difficult to say a great deal in comparison to each other since i ran them on 2 different tracks. I will say that i liked them both.
- Tire pressures are difficult to say much about. It really does depend on quite a few factors, setup, track, weather, personal preference. I like them anywhere from 38-42 hot. Ill start them as low as 27-29 sometimes. It really depends.
- Without testing im not sure about running non-dot slicks. And im not sure if i want to buy a set just to try, they are really expensive. I do have a Socal friend in ST2 who im going to ask because he runs non-dot slicks and may switch over to Hoosiers to try them out.
- My competition weight (me in the car with little gas) is roughly around 3171-3200 lbs.
- Airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Im not a king so i dont know the answer to such questions.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apex electric
I am hoping the smaller racing mirrors on my Seibon doors lower the drag from the big stock mirrors.
Hope is a good thing...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K30e9O3Nng

I am curious to know. Let me know how it works out.
Old May 1, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bueller
Listing it would be long?

Thats ironic how its not listed on my website. I thought i had listed a few things. I had saved it but forgot to post it. A few general things are posted:

http://www.ednazarian.com/?page_id=19

- OEM engine, OEM Evo 9 turbo, HKS 272/272 cams
- All my power bits/maintenance/pretty much anything else i need is taken care of at RRE. Tuning done by Scot Gray from RRE, but im not sure about the details.
- At CS i had turned the boost down to about 23.3-23.5. At BRP i had turned the boost down to about 22.1-22.4. Car simply put feels great.
- Ive been running Redline 20w50 engine oil since i started doing track days with my Evo, circa late 06 or early 07. That oil was recommended by RRE and Muellerized. Never sent it in for testing.
- Moton Club sports by Muellerized
- OEM calipers coupled with Girodisc 2-piece rotors on all 4 corners. Since i have Girodisc listed as a sponsor i figured people would know. Besides, i mentioned in my thread how impressed i was with those rotors from both my races.
- Ran what was left of my Raybestos ST43 pads for all 4 races. Since all 4 races were on the 43s i cant really compare them to other pads during race conditions. I will say that i really like how they performed during all 4 races. Easy on rotors. Good bite. Dont create excessive heat.
- I ran the Hankook C51s at CS, but i ran the Hoosier R6s at BRP. At this juncture its difficult to say a great deal in comparison to each other since i ran them on 2 different tracks. I will say that i liked them both.
- Tire pressures are difficult to say much about. It really does depend on quite a few factors, setup, track, weather, personal preference. I like them anywhere from 38-42 hot. Ill start them as low as 27-29 sometimes. It really depends.
- Without testing im not sure about running non-dot slicks. And im not sure if i want to buy a set just to try, they are really expensive. I do have a Socal friend in ST2 who im going to ask because he runs non-dot slicks and may switch over to Hoosiers to try them out.
- My competition weight (me in the car with little gas) is roughly around 3171-3200 lbs.
- Airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Im not a king so i dont know the answer to such questions.
Good to hear, so it looks like 350-360 hp for ST2 , should be pretty easy with those mods. Aero and driver comfort it seems is most of whats left, which always take time and $. I'm very close the the same setup, however on PF front rotors and stock rears (which i've blue'd several times already). That and I weigh in around the same, so hoping to loose a little fat off myself .

Have you looked at BR's trays? They look cheap yet functional for what we'd do?
Old May 1, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

And the boost figures i noted are just peak numbers. Referencing my BRP races, boost wasnt 22ish from peak to redline. It peaks around 22 and decreases after that. The same also applies if i turn up the boost to 23 or more. It will peak, then decline. I dont recall what it decreases to around redline.
Old May 1, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

prolly around 18-19 on the 9 turbo and a MBC, it always seems to fall on its face after 6800 rpm
Old May 1, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Good to hear, so it looks like 350-360 hp for ST2 , should be pretty easy with those mods. Aero and driver comfort it seems is most of whats left, which always take time and $. I'm very close the the same setup, however on PF front rotors and stock rears (which i've blue'd several times already). That and I weigh in around the same, so hoping to loose a little fat off myself .

Have you looked at BR's trays? They look cheap yet functional for what we'd do?
At CS given the boost i was running, im estimating i was making around 340whp. At BRP probably around 330whp. To be maximized for ST2 with my setup, given my modification factors im allowed to make a good 370whp, but there really isnt any point for me to try to make that kind of power right now. My plans are long term. Besides, im still learning how to race. You can have a well setup car that is relatively maximized for your class, but if you dont have the experience to know how to race, it wont make any difference if youre making 330whp, or 370whp. I knew that going into this, but that knowledge was actualized for the first time at my 2 BRP races. I havent looked at any trays yet. But ill keep you guys posted as the car develops.