Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

SCCA June National Chapmionship 09 - Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2009, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SCCA June National Chapmionship 09 - Thanks!

June 26 – 28, 2009 – SCCA National Rally Cross Championship, Hillsboro, Or.

Scott Kovalik and CatTracs Racing would like to thank all of its sponsors for their continued support in our various Rally Racing efforts.

AMR Engineering – DefNder Head & Neck Restraints – English Racing Evolution building and tuning
Road Kill Racing and Hankook tires – Brembo Brakes – Driving Sports Magazine – PDX Sports
K&N air Filers – Tsport Pro Race Fabrication and Skid Plate Systems – Primitive Driving Schools

This weekend was 3 days of bitter sweet competition. The CatTracs Evolution Rally Car was performing well amongst a field of National competitors, the majority of which were Subarus. A first lap spin cost 5 seconds and put the 350+ whp Evolution in a deficit from the very first stage. But, with solid reliability from our sponsors, the team began to claw back a second here and a second there, putting them back in contention for the win in just a few stages.

Lap 4, the CatTracs team and Driver Scott Kovalik put down an unmatched stage time that not only won the stage but set the top time of the day which held throughout multiple runs by all classes over two days of constant bombardment. Congratulations to all of us for, once again, setting the Top Time of the Day!

Unfortunately, the team’s rise to the top was set back by a blown tire on the second corner of stage 6. With 99% of the stage left to run, diver Scott Kovalik stayed on the throttle and drove the car through the stage remarkably only loosing 3 seconds despite the flat. A Flat that proved to be a bit more than anyone expected.

The tire had come half off the rim, been turned inside out and caught up on most of the equipment on the inside of the fender well including the super strong AMR Suspension and Brembo Brakes. The parts took a good shining but held up despite the suspension taking the isolated punishment of the entire stage not having an inflated tire to absorb some of the harsh racing surface impact. The factory wheel speed sensor did not fair so well as it was ripped completely from the harness and socket.

With a short break immediately after the destroyed tire, the team set about making repairs but the tire was so badly inverted and heat fused to itself, it took the services of a full shop to remove it from the rim, costing more time than service would allow for. Sadly, the team ended the day with a DNF and zero time for the final 3 stages of the day. Bad break for such a brilliant drive.

Still, some very positive things came away from the weekend including a Top Time of the Day award and the awareness of the value of great products and why they are worth depending on. Thanks again to my sponsors and fans… see you all at the next event!

Scott Kovalik, CatTracs Racing
Old Jun 29, 2009, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congradulation looks like u had an awesome time out there ripping it up.. Keep up the good work
Old Jul 1, 2009, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
congrats!!!
Nice pictures.
DNF is happens many times, we had it in our first ever race day too. Due coilover failure. But we are looking forward to run the AMR engeneering coilovers from now on.
I'm so exited.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jul 1, 2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
congrats!!!
Nice pictures.
DNF is happens many times, we had it in our first ever race day too. Due coilover failure. But we are looking forward to run the AMR engeneering coilovers from now on.
I'm so exited.
Yeah I can't wait to check these out, put them on, and see what you can do with them Robbie. I have a feeling I'm going to want to get a set for myself.

Oh yeah, Congrats to to Scott and your whole team. Sounds like a great performance!

Last edited by r.m.s.; Jul 2, 2009 at 06:08 AM.