Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

929 Evo - 2010 NASA MW TTA Champion!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Loser
That's a great tune. My only difference is I'm running a MIL.SPEC cat, but only got around 271whp on 93 octane which seems LAME in comparison, even after you factor in differences between dynos.

Congrats on the championship
Technically I dynoed between 300-316whp on 93 oct. Differing mods meaning AMS FMIC vs stock or HKS intake vs stock or MBC vs stock etc. Had about 3 different configs done from 2006-2008. All at AMS and tuned by Chris.

For TTB I run stock intake and stock boost lines. Which is why I always put the little '~' thingy in front of my numbers.

Realistically I know I'm down from that number; especially the area under the curve in the upper rpm's when the stock boost setup is bleeding off boost. But ya do what ya can...

If ya wanna really get technical, I've since changed to rims/tires that are lighter, rotors that are considerably lighter and taken a good 200 lbs out of the car. I'm sure all that factors in somewhat with a dyno reading related to rotating / non-rotating mass reduction.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boomn29
If ya wanna really get technical, I've since changed to rims/tires that are lighter, rotors that are considerably lighter and taken a good 200 lbs out of the car. I'm sure all that factors in somewhat with a dyno reading related to rotating / non-rotating mass reduction.
I did switch to lighter wheels. No idea if the rotors I'm running are lighter. So yes my numbers may have improved a little bit, but still it looks like I can make at least 20-30whp more on 93 octane. But I moved to Cali over the summer, so now I have to deal with crappy 91 octane

I also installed a full 6-pt autopower cage which weighs a TON, so I bet the car will feel dog slow next year. Need to start stripping out some weight.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

I did some independent aero testing on Forza3 last night. Inconclusive results... As in I ran Sebring full and Maple Valley short with an Evo MR and I didn't see a lot of different with the addition of a front splitter and rear wing as compared to stock. Forza3 actually gave me a lower overall performance category (by 3) with the addition. I suppose because it added a bit of weight and some drag.
Originally Posted by Balrok
Ya i've done the same, added the aero full tilt, lost MPH in the straights, but had the SAME mph in the turns....I think there's something screwy there.

More 'Forza Testing' this weekend. It's definitely not accurate to real world with respects to aero imo.

Car just feels more predictable with the stock setup in Forza! Dead end testing...
Old Jan 7, 2011, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

I know I've got to have a boost leak or a bad BOV or something. So once I diagnose that, get a retune and then all new suspension... I'll be happy I think!
Found me some boost leaks! Big thanks to Jeff (aka Racer145) for his help in setting up a boost leak test. It's a pain the first time but it'll be so much easier after this.

Found some pretty insane boost leaks last weekend around the injector seals. Especially the 1st and 3rd - hard to hold even 15psi really; 20psi was the max. Judgeing by my traqmate data I had the leak most of, if not ALL of 2010. I really should have questioned it sooner but I just figured I was pushing the stock turbo out of it's efficiency - and that my 93oct tune was just so kick-***! lol.

I'll get the seals replaced and a retune hopefully in the next month up at AMS. I'm really expecting the car to be faster - faster in a straight line - this year!

So take it from me - setup your own boost leak test now!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Glad I could help. Boost leak testing has become something we do at least 2-3 times a year, or any time you remove/replace something in the boost system. Leaks can develop litteraly from one race to the next. This should be something that should be on everyones pre-race check list. The heat/pressure we put our cars through every day on track has a funny way of working things loose and wearing out items.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 07:04 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
car should run little cleaner without them leaks
Old Jan 9, 2011, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Ya my injector seals went last season, replaced em for about 3 weekends, then switched injectors to run e85 which come with MUCH better seals. AMS said replace stockers every year.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
congrats... Thanks for the info and vids you posted.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, totally missed this thread. Congrats!!! Way to throw down.

l8r)