Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2011 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2011, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^ Nevermind about that idea. Just read that the KERS must be applied to the rear wheels as currently used. However, did notice that Exhaust Recovery from the single turbo will be allowed as well, so I'm curious how they're going to implement that!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GG06MR
"...Also, not to gloat, but please recall that I called no way in hell that the I4's were going to happen way back when, even after they signed off on it. I never once believed that they'd go through with it by the time 2013 rolled around..."
Yes, U did and U R gloating...that said, Todt is a wimp and has no ***** in sticking to what he said he was going to do AND the FOTA is either not paying attention at important meetings or can B characterized as "changing horses in mid-stream" since they approved the I4 turbo engines over a year ago.

TO the Grill man: Don't U worry about Kobay getting points...they R coming IFF Sauber can get some more mph out of the C30...more petro bucks Mr. Slim, please...my boys at Sauber need some now

Later, Ken
Old Jul 5, 2011, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

Kobayashi wins World Championship!

http://www.yardbarker.com/eating/art...9958?GT1=39002
Oppps...wrong contest!

Later, Ken
Old Jul 5, 2011, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by KPerez
More like wrong Kobayashi
Old Jul 6, 2011, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

http://planetf1.com/driver/18227/702...-engine-ruling

Sounds like they are admitting the off-throttle engine reliability excuse was baloney as most of us already knew
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

10% throttle...no, 20% ...no, now 50%!

Say what?...http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92941
Can U say this smells like roses or the dump?

Later, Ken

Saturday update – "After consultations on this overnight, the FIA has reverted to the previous ruling that only 10% throttle opening is permitted, much to the annoyance of Red Bull and Christian Horner." ....R U confused now?...I am.

Last edited by KPerez; Jul 9, 2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

But Wait there's More

All the bi**^&ching by RB, McLaren and Ferrari has now resulted in an attempt to reverse the blown diffuser ban...meeting on Tomorrow...i.e., going back to Valencia... http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92987 ...but they need unanimous agreement within FOTA...that is probably not going to happen so set at 10% throttle for rest of season...let moaning and groaning continue.

Later, Ken

Update: "...Ferrari and the Ferrari-powered Sauber team refused to sign the deal to return to the Valencia specification." Why U ask?...bc Ferrari was within 1 sec of RB in Silverstone Qualy

Last edited by KPerez; Jul 10, 2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Add Another A-hole to the List

Schumi...never did like him or his driving "style'...I religate him to Petrov- Hami team of "Get out of my way...come hell or high water, I'm coming through mentality"...there is always next race to look forward to!

Later, Ken
Old Jul 10, 2011, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
looks like vettle cant run away unless he's in front of the pack. would have loved to see more raining during the race though.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Sad to see Button out of the race .... Glad to see Vettel not win another one
Old Jul 11, 2011, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by honda-guy
looks like vettle cant run away unless he's in front of the pack. would have loved to see more raining during the race though.
Not really...his ultimate position was based upon a bad pit stop...otherwise he would have won.

Later, Ken
Old Jul 11, 2011, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Not really...his ultimate position was based upon a bad pit stop...otherwise he would have won.

Later, Ken
Im just saying he was unable to pass hami even though he was in a faster car
Old Jul 11, 2011, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm just glad to see Vettel not get the win. How about that finish at the end with Massa and Hami, I wanted Massa to get the spot so bad. Great to see Ferrari win again, even if it was Alonso.

Getting tired of this whole exhaust thing, I wish they would just stick with one rule. Personally, I think they should just ban the overun, or keep it at 10%. I liked the way the cars sounded yesterday, didn't have the flagulent sound.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Schumi...never did like him or his driving "style'...I religate him to Petrov- Hami team of "Get out of my way...come hell or high water, I'm coming through mentality"...there is always next race to look forward to!

Later, Ken
Was Schumi that bad? I know he hit one of the Saubers... but it looked like he was trying for a move... and then drifted out and hit him.

You can't really blame a race car driver for racing. Some people do stupid things... and Schumacher has done plenty of them... but I don't know if that incident was one of them.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
Sad to see Button out of the race .... Glad to see Vettel not win another one

Later, Ken
Im just saying he was unable to pass hami even though he was in a faster car
Some people are good racers (fighters) and some people are good at putting in quick laps. I think Vettel is a guy that puts in quick laps.

What happened to Button was pretty stupid... "Guys the wheel isn't on"... and he would have had a high finish if not for that incident. Thank God nothing happened. I still remember races in the past where a wheel wasn't put on properly and it ends up rolling forward at a high rate of speed hitting pit crews and stuff.

And what is the deal with them not fuelling Hamilton's car properly??? He probably could have gotten a podium finish if not for that screw up.

Quick Reply: Official 2011 Formula One Discussion F1