Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2011 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STi*guy.kiev
I hope KOBAYASHI dominates alonside lewes for MCLAREN in 2013 with that turbo 4 banger jdm spirit!!
U R not alone in that wish and it could happen BUT a whole bunch of things have to happen before that occurs.

Later, Ken
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really hope Kobayashi doesn't go soft with a full-time drive. He drove so aggressive in a crap Toyota... I wanna see him drive like that ALL THE TIME.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KPerez
James Allen extracted one fan's analysis of the consequences of the FIA reg's changes and how it ruined or, being less personel, affected the 2010 F1 season...U may have all thought similar feeligs but I thought his perspectives should B aired on EVOM....http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/...JA's next article will look at how the reg's for 2011 will address those in 2010...B on the look out for it.

Later, Ken
I tried checking that link... but it doesn't work!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

About the inline-4 engines... is there a chance that manufacturers may like this for marketing reasons since there are so many road cars that use this engine?

"Presenting the 2014 Honda Civic... with an inline 4 cylinder engine inspired by Formula 1 technology!"
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

don't be surprised if you eventually see ford in F1 with WRC also using smaller turbo'd fours for 2011
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by OldschoolEVO
don't be surprised if you eventually see ford in F1 with WRC also using smaller turbo'd fours for 2011
Maybe Mateschitz will be bored with F1 by then after winning consecutive championships, and then Ford can buy RBR back and change the name back to Jaguar. That would be kinda funny.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Crester
I tried checking that link... but it doesn't work!
Dam computers...can't live with em...can't live w/o em...http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/1...one-makes-out/

Later, ken
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

Here we go again: Ferrari

U would think someone at Ferrari would realize that the gas bag, Montezemelo [yes, this guy has gotten to me, big time] is pulling this company down with his proclimations (http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/66...rrari-One-Day- ). Specifically, he says Vettel will B driving in red someday...i.e., take the WDC winner of last year and try to pair him with another winner of years past, Alonso, after outing Massa. In short, Ferrari never develops anybody...they just try to lure somebody who has already proven themselves...conservative approach but sound, U say by obtaining proven commodities...However, this is NOT the best strategy for winning because it will not bring out the best in either of these two drivers.

Alonso does not do well when his co driver is equal to or faster than he...remember when he drove with Hami?...Alonso went to pieces and started pouting , then whinning , then gone. So bringing Vettel to run along his side will result in same. Now lets look at Vettel...how will he do next to Alonso?...lets see...how did he perform when Weber was pressing him last year...U get the picture...not good. So Montezemelo, again, has come up with a driver acquisition strategy that will probably fail based upon a history that they and everyone witnessed.

Recommendation to Ferrari Family: Get rid of this idiot and find someone that actually pays attention to the past and present....he is costing U $$$ by seeking the top drivers the combo of which will not yeild the results U R looking for.

Later, Ken

Last edited by KPerez; Dec 23, 2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Alonso does not do well when his co driver is equal to or faster than he...remember when he drove with Hami?...Alonso went to pieces and started pouting , then whinning , then gone.
He did? I'll agree that he didn't respond with a great deal of professionalism, as usual, but he didn't go to pieces. Look at the results. He finished on the podium in each of the last 9 races except for a 4th place in Hungary and a wreck in Japan. And....during that stretch he outscored Hamilton 59 points to 45 points. If anything it was Hamilton who fell to pieces, finishing on the podium only twice in the final 6 races, and then completely collapsing in those final two races. It was Hamilton's championship to lose, and he succeeded in doing just that. I just thank god that it was Kimi who capitalized on it instead of that piece of ****e Alonso. Funny how history repeats itself though. Kimi won the most races that year, but was out of the championship lead for most of the season until the very end.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GG06MR
He did? I'll agree that he didn't respond with a great deal of professionalism, as usual, but he didn't go to pieces. Look at the results. He finished on the podium in each of the last 9 races except for a 4th place in Hungary and a wreck in Japan. And....during that stretch he outscored Hamilton 59 points to 45 points. If anything it was Hamilton who fell to pieces, finishing on the podium only twice in the final 6 races, and then completely collapsing in those final two races. It was Hamilton's championship to lose, and he succeeded in doing just that. I just thank god that it was Kimi who capitalized on it instead of that piece of ****e Alonso. Funny how history repeats itself though. Kimi won the most races that year, but was out of the championship lead for most of the season until the very end.
Well GG, thanks for the details...yes, he did perform but it was diffult for him, certainly more difficult than last year with Massa, and, as U point out, Hamilton also suffered presumably due to the competition with Alonso while at McLaren... SO the bottom line here is, do U think the acquisition of Vettel along side Alonso would yeild a prize winning drivers team for Ferrari?
Recall, we discussed this earlier...i.e., For the front running teams, should there be two drivers with equal skills OR one better than the other i.e., a 1st and 2nd driver designation?

Later, Ken
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Well GG, thanks for the details...yes, he did perform but it was diffult for him, certainly more difficult than last year with Massa, and, as U point out, Hamilton also suffered presumably due to the competition with Alonso while at McLaren... SO the bottom line here is, do U think the acquisition of Vettel along side Alonso would yeild a prize winning drivers team for Ferrari?
Recall, we discussed this earlier...i.e., For the front running teams, should there be two drivers with equal skills OR one better than the other i.e., a 1st and 2nd driver designation?

Later, Ken
Well, if it weren't for Stepneygate, then McLaren would have at least won the Constructor's championship that year, and they had two drivers finish within 1 point of the Driver's championship. With a more experienced/mature Hamilton, then they most likely would have won both. If the drivers are managed/controlled well, then I truly believe that it's better to put the two best drivers out on the grid that you possibly can. Yes, having a Schumacher/Barrichello style of lineup is going to increase your chances of winning the driver championship, but I personally believe that your odds of winning both championships are greater when you have 2 of the best drivers in at least one of the best cars both pushing to win the driver's championship. Plus, you're not putting all of your eggs in one basket that way, so you're not stuck with your #1 driver being the #1 driver if he were to be past his prime, or at least not living up to par. Therefore, I think Vettel and Alonso at Ferrari would be a handful for Domenicali to manage, but I also think that they'd be back to winning both championships just about every year in quick order if they did it.....at least until Alonso left because he wasn't getting the preferential treatment he felt he deserved.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Official and Unofficial Updates: 2011 and 2013

In their attempts at better safety, it appears the FIA is pursuing the addition of a windshield on the '11' cars although there R a number of related aero-issues if installed...http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...otect-drivers/

Also, it is now official, 1.6L T engines R definitely on for '13'...http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...otect-drivers/...Hey, Ferrari....now what?...R U joining the party or not?

Later, Ken

PS: Hey, all U F1 nutbags...have a Merry
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:18 PM

I think it will be intresting how the Lotus-Renault/Genii Capital team performs for 2011. This fairly contraversial buy out should now have enough pull to compete at the front. The JPS Lotus should be a beast in the hands of Kubica. The renault facility also has a brand new windtunnel they will utilize this year. I have high hopes for these guys.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

I don't see how anyone in their right mind can think of the Lotus sponsored Renault as a Lotus. IMO what Proton and Dany Bahar, representing Lotus, are trying to do is an insult to my intelligence as an F1 fan. They are essentially trying to buy their way into credibility - certainly something I'd expect from a third-rate outfit like Proton, but I'd have thought Lotus would have a better understanding of what their past reputation was really built on. Add to that Lotus' endeavor into Indy Cars with Takuma Sato, who on several occasions got beaten quite handily by Simona DeSilvestro, who was driving a severely underfunded car at that, and all I can do is laugh...

l8r)
Old Dec 30, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12wSs4PEUWE

Quick Reply: Official 2011 Formula One Discussion F1