Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Homestead Miami Speedway March 15-16 pics/vid

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homestead Miami Speedway April pics/vid

Went to homestead with Pboc (Porsche and BMW owners Club) Florida a little while ago and they had a photographer taking some pics, i think they turned out pretty well. The video is off my iPhone with an app called Harry's Lap Timer, works pretty decently but the speed and time are a little off and tend to lag but its better than nothing. The track had some areas under-construction when i was there, they where removing the grass in a bunch of areas and putting in concrete so turn 1 and 10 were altered a little bit. Managed to put down a pretty solid time with the minor mods done to the car, which was on my 330hp setting on street tires. Let me know what ya think. Sorry the Pics are Huge.

Here's the Video
Turn the Volume Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEuHZ...el_video_title

Last edited by Ev0_J0e; May 9, 2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Sup Joe. Interesting, did the lap times without video show more accurate? Or is the "finish line" in the app actually a little past the real finish line?

Good lines, scrubbed a bit of speed in 4, lots of grip there even on streets. Remember the most important corners are the ones before the straight, and that track has 4 of them.

Must have been interesting racing with a new concrete wall there. Saw you turn in to 9 and was like oh **** where's he...oh there's the rumble lol. Took some of my line away for sure LoL .

I bought the retail version after much playing with the hacked version, so i'll be testing it as well either this weekend or at Sebring.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Sup Joe. Interesting, did the lap times without video show more accurate? Or is the "finish line" in the app actually a little past the real finish line?

Good lines, scrubbed a bit of speed in 4, lots of grip there even on streets. Remember the most important corners are the ones before the straight, and that track has 4 of them.

Must have been interesting racing with a new concrete wall there. Saw you turn in to 9 and was like oh **** where's he...oh there's the rumble lol. Took some of my line away for sure LoL .

I bought the retail version after much playing with the hacked version, so i'll be testing it as well either this weekend or at Sebring.
Thanks matt, ya i had my dad doing my lap time with a stop watch and it was closer to 1:43's the app lags a bit but its pretty good for what it is, but im happy with it. Turn 10 with the barriers up is crazy you cant see the apex so you got to be spot on with you timing and with only half the rumble strip (If that) its gets a little tricky, i think it might of had a little bit of an effect on my overall laps times.

Are you going to be able to make it with nasa this month? i though i might of read on the nasa forums that you were not going to be able to make it.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Up in the air. I need to do some work to go faster so it'd just be a Sat only track time deal, or just come down and help out.
Old May 9, 2011, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Alright, well im going to Sebring this weekend and Ramin will be there just doing an HPDE though, ill probably be at Homestead if i can scrape the money together, hope you get everything worked out in time.
Old May 16, 2011, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

question for u guys, what do i have to do to get my evo on the track. i was reading on some of clubs but got confused on the rules. how can i participate
Old May 16, 2011, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Been asked a lot on this part of the boards, do a quick search here. But the most efficient way is to ask specific questions on what is confusing you. There are no car/class rules for HPDE which "gets your car out on the track" but is NOT for competition, it's to teach you how to drive fast, so that you learn the basics THEN move onto hundreds of different paths for "competition."

Club info:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html

Then move onto the Time Trail and Racing sections.

If your interested in another club let us know and we'll do our best.

Last edited by Balrok; May 16, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old May 16, 2011, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

do you need to get a physical from a doctors office?
Old May 16, 2011, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

For HPDE or Time Trials? deff not. Run what you brung.
Old May 16, 2011, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Only event i have ever run which required a physical was the One Lap of America, and i think most wheel to wheel stuff requires a physical but like matt said, definitely not for Hpde or TT.

Also on the topic of "What and you need to get the car on the track" just sign up with nasa or some group which offers instructors , and besides that and showing up at the track the only other important things i can think of would be to make sure you change your brake fluid to something high temp and change your brake pads, other then that not a lot of pre-requisits.

Last edited by Ev0_J0e; May 16, 2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old May 16, 2011, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

thats where im confused, cuz im reading the nasa requirements and thats what im reading, and also you need to buy a racing license. is that right or not
Old May 16, 2011, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

ill be doing hpde
Old May 16, 2011, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

do you have to be a nasa membership
Old May 16, 2011, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, most clubs require membership, comes with your first event signup, like 40 bucks for a whole year and you get grassroots mag.
Old May 17, 2011, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

what kind of brake pads u guys recommend for street and track use

Quick Reply: Homestead Miami Speedway March 15-16 pics/vid