Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Low seat rail?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by chono
Wow. Are you sure it was a boat? Or did they just toss them into the Pacific tethered to a bottle with your name in it?
The price of JDM

It sucks that there are so few good off the shelf options. I think if I were doing it again I would have just gone to a local race shop and had them build something.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
I thought I'd get the word out... we (my wife actually) just met with the guys at Planted and they are going to move forward with creating a low(er) seat bracket for the 8/9. They were able to look at the buddyclub rails we have in there now and they think it will be possible to reconfigure they're existing/current bracket design to match, or go even lower (their words). We're taking our car in for test fitting later this week or early next week... Our hope is to have something done before we head off to the San Diego tour at the end of the month. I'll keep you'all posted.

If you're serious and want to get in on the initial batch we might be able to facilitate that, not sure about the logistics though, but we could inquire... lmk (dmikko at gmail dot com)

Doug
Old Mar 5, 2013, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Ask them to make sure they can get full range forward and back in the seat! That's actually the primary reason I got rid of my binary engineering ones
Old Mar 5, 2013, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice update!

I'm going the custom route as well. Just easier!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just throwin' it out there, I have a Sublime passenger side seat mount I'm not using. It's got a couple spots drilled for Sparco side mounts whatever the mounting distance happens to be for the Sparco Evo seat -- not sure how standardized that is. Even if the holes don't match there might be room to drill what you need between what's there.

I don't think a slider will work with it, but if you can live without that I can probably cut you a good deal on it, it's just hanging on the wall of the garage. It looks pretty much like this only it has holes drilled and I can't remember if it has the sub-mount piece:

I can take a pic of the one I have if anyone is interested.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4wd4me
I thought I'd get the word out... we (my wife actually) just met with the guys at Planted and they are going to move forward with creating a low(er) seat bracket for the 8/9. They were able to look at the buddyclub rails we have in there now and they think it will be possible to reconfigure they're existing/current bracket design to match, or go even lower (their words). We're taking our car in for test fitting later this week or early next week... Our hope is to have something done before we head off to the San Diego tour at the end of the month. I'll keep you'all posted.

If you're serious and want to get in on the initial batch we might be able to facilitate that, not sure about the logistics though, but we could inquire... lmk (dmikko at gmail dot com)

Doug

Thanks Doug!

I'm interested.. but I've already got some JDM awesomeness headed over on the slow boat.

-'chono'
Old Mar 5, 2013, 05:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by 4wd4me

Doug
Your timing is poor

Sounds like a great option though.