Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Does Insurance cover HPDE's and Track Days?!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2013, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Does Insurance cover HPDE's and Track Days?!

Does any one know if their insurance company or any insurance company for that matter covers HPDE's and track days?! I apologize if this topic has been brought up and discussed before, I would just like to know cause I am scheduled to race my Evo IX with NASA AZ this coming fall/spring. I have no intentions of anything happening, however we don't live in a perfect world and if something were to happen I'm just curious if I would be covered or not. Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2013, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on your insurance company. Some do, some don't. Sometimes it is at extra cost, sometimes not. I would contact your insurance agent/company to find out if you are covered.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SDevo13
Depends on your insurance company. Some do, some don't. Sometimes it is at extra cost, sometimes not. I would contact your insurance agent/company to find out if you are covered.
Sounds good man thanks for the info
Old Sep 15, 2013, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Highly unlikely. I wouldn't even want them knowing I was on track. I bought track insurance for my first event before I knew what I was getting into and haven't since.

Rule of thumb is if you can't afford to write it off, don't track it.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 05:14 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by delongedoug
highly unlikely. I wouldn't even want them knowing i was on track. I bought track insurance for my first event before i knew what i was getting into and haven't since.

+1
Old Sep 15, 2013, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by delongedoug
Highly unlikely. I wouldn't even want them knowing I was on track. I bought track insurance for my first event before I knew what I was getting into and haven't since.

so is your evo strictly a track car that is never driven on the street and is therefore not insured?! Or is your evo a street car that can be driven on the track therefore you have standard insurance?! Sorry if that's confusing
Old Sep 15, 2013, 06:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
This topic has been discussed previously. Id be curious as to what main stream insurance company would cover track related claims

Here's a provider of HPDE Ins: http://www.ontrackinsurance.com/index.aspx
Old Sep 15, 2013, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
This topic has been discussed previously. Id be curious as to what main stream insurance company would cover track related claims

Here's a provider of HPDE Ins: http://www.ontrackinsurance.com/index.aspx
Yeah I can't think of any either. like I said I don't plan on anything happening, I was more just curious than anything else
Old Sep 15, 2013, 06:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
After you do a few track days I dont think you will be too concerned if you stay with-in the limits (ha ha)

Remember its a track day, not race day
Old Sep 15, 2013, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Most companies write in your contract that you aren't even allowed to participate in track days, let alone be covered for them.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
After you do a few track days I dont think you will be too concerned if you stay with-in the limits (ha ha)

Remember its a track day, not race day
Well said sir
Old Sep 15, 2013, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by e_kobz
so is your evo strictly a track car that is never driven on the street and is therefore not insured?! Or is your evo a street car that can be driven on the track therefore you have standard insurance?! Sorry if that's confusing
i have insurance to cover me driving on the street zero expectation of them covering something on track. i take my plates off on the track because i have actually seen people get caught on track by their insurance and dropped by their insurance.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
i have insurance to cover me driving on the street zero expectation of them covering something on track. i take my plates off on the track because i have actually seen people get caught on track by their insurance and dropped by their insurance.
Damn that sucks, I would be pissed if that happened to me. I'll definitely be taking my plates off
Old Sep 16, 2013, 08:30 AM

If you do get track insurance, make sure you get one that covers TT, which it looks like you do. Only a handful cover actual competition. I use Hartland Insurance Group. They cover both Time Trial and wheel to wheel. I haven't filed a claim thankfully, but they've been outstanding and very professional.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by morricus
If you do get track insurance, make sure you get one that covers TT, which it looks like you do. Only a handful cover actual competition. I use Hartland Insurance Group. They cover both Time Trial and wheel to wheel. I haven't filed a claim thankfully, but they've been outstanding and very professional.
Thanks for the input buddy, definitely good to know

Quick Reply: Does Insurance cover HPDE's and Track Days?!