Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2018 WTAC / Tilton Interiors Racing Evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
it's unbelievable how the tires can manage those down force and speed without blowing out.
The compound on the A050 soft loses a lot of lap time after one or maybe two hot laps, so the top teams are throwing them away with very little run time. It takes a decent amount time before a tire overload failure will happen. Its really the same failure mode as an overloaded truck or a too low of pressures on your road car.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
are the A050 made specifically for the WTA series? if the compound is only good for 1-2 flyer laps, that doesn't really promote the tires well for use outside the series.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are the A050 made specifically for the WTA series? if the compound is only good for 1-2 flyer laps, that doesn't really promote the tires well for use outside the series.
The A050 soft are very similar to the Hankook TD soft (former WTA tire).
Old Nov 6, 2014, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
These things are no longer evo's in my opinion. Though they may share the engine and drivetrain layout, the awd system has custom controllers which make it behave like a completely different vehicle, and the suspension geometry is so custom and one-off, it just couldn't compare to a stock armed evo.

That would be cool if they made a kit tho. Widebody kit with the custom suspension arms to increase track width by an entire foot. I could bone to that.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
These things are no longer evo's in my opinion. Though they may share the engine and drivetrain layout, the awd system has custom controllers which make it behave like a completely different vehicle, and the suspension geometry is so custom and one-off, it just couldn't compare to a stock armed evo.

That would be cool if they made a kit tho. Widebody kit with the custom suspension arms to increase track width by an entire foot. I could bone to that.
exactly

this is the kind of evo we should be more excited about winning:

http://www.worldtimeattack.com/index...-royal-purple/

evos dominated overall this year though!!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

are any cars in the pro class close to being original?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
are any cars in the pro class close to being original?
Ding, ding, ding! . I'm actually stoked that teams continue to spend that kind of money to push Evos as they have. At those price points it seems to me that you could take a GT-R which have better aerodynamic shapes OEM than a 4 door rally sedan, bigger engine etc. and get better results.

Last edited by codgi; Nov 6, 2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

These are top cars in the sport that are pushing it to the absolute limits. Ofcourse they're not going to compare to your "street car" time attack car.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

I was going to say the V Sport evo X. That thing looks amazingly similar to a stock setup, minus the extensive engine work. Its got a dry sump system but other than that the car is still 100% an evo X. Ran 1:34 i believe. 10 seconds of the tilton.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
sorry but in my opinion the tilton evo, aside from the aero kit is something that could be built in ones own garage. it doesnt really have anything THAT insane on it. Had an OTS EFR turbo last year, got an indycar spec unit this year.

Last edited by killerpenguin21; Nov 8, 2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
sorry but in my opinion the tilton evo, aside from the aero kit is something that could be built in ones own garage. it doesnt really have anything THAT insane on it. Had an OTS ERF turbo last year, got an indycar spec unit this year.
Agreed.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FilthyEvo
Agreed.
and i can build an open wheel racecar in my garage. The tilton has nothing in it that makes it an evo. Completely different suspension geometry, widened track width, awd system programming (i'll give you this one that it could go either way). Not to mention not anyone can just slap together the aero that thing has. It takes someone with **** loads of experience and skill to do it right.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
and i can build an open wheel racecar in my garage. The tilton has nothing in it that makes it an evo. Completely different suspension geometry, widened track width, awd system programming (i'll give you this one that it could go either way). Not to mention not anyone can just slap together the aero that thing has. It takes someone with **** loads of experience and skill to do it right.
no.

it maintains a great majority of the suspension geometry, but has tubular arms up front and OEM rear lca's. look at the article i mentioned previously and you can look at the pics and name all of the off the shelf parts on the car (tubular front subframes are available, uses OTS whiteline sways, MSI billet uprights. NEMO on the other hand was no expenses spared double-A converted etc.

all the motec ACD controllers etc are publicly available, no crazy rear mount radiator or anything. The full chassis is there etc. it has EVERYTHING on it that makes it an evo. Just because you and i cant afford to build it doesnt make it NOT an evo.

hell the aero kit is even relatively simple in the scheme of things. for about $2500 USD (rumored, but read in a few OZ forum posts) you can have andrew brilliant consult on your very own car.

Last edited by killerpenguin21; Nov 8, 2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
You can build anything with enough time and money so I kinda get where hispanicpanic is coming from. However if any kind of software work is what you are griping about then you'd never cheer for just about any car since even stateside now for grass roots TA table stakes is an ECU reflash and now you can also see the ACD reflashes getting more popular as well.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 04:40 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah. Anyone can build a Tilton evo in their garage. If they got $450k sitting around and 4 years of development. Its far from stock.

http://autoaction.com.au/feature-skin-wtac-racer/

Quick Reply: 2018 WTAC / Tilton Interiors Racing Evo