Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2018 B-Street discussions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 B-Street discussions

Old links:
2017 b street discussion
2015 scca b-street evo discussion
Not sure EVO is that popular in B-Street with all the new cars that got in there last year and more to come. But, there is a hope on horizon in the potential move of most of the AWD cars to D-Street. That would definitely bring much more interest to several of those cars. But, it is not done deal yet and more letters need to be sent to SEB about YOU supporting such move. So, spend few minutes and make it happen!
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Anybody knows if EVO X and EVO 8/9 front struts have same dimensions/hole placement?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Not sure but Ive got some Bilsteins sitting on a shelf you can borrow to mock up if that would be helpful?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heel2toe
Not sure but Ive got some Bilsteins sitting on a shelf you can borrow to mock up if that would be helpful?
I was told that those are the same and just wondering is someone could confirm that.

I guess we could arrange something if you are up for it...
Old Feb 14, 2018, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Yeah I have no clue but they certainly look similiar. Its clear the rears are different however...

Im not sure what you're trying to accomplish but totally cool letting you play around with them; its my winter setup granted my evo no longer sees snow so now they just sit. Come to think of it, pretty sure Ive got a set of tired KYB's you can just have...just gotta find them
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Got to change my tires today and those guys pushed hard to do alignment as part of it - for $49 I said OK, do it. But, don't touch anything but the toe, which meant no camber changes. Also, I told them 3 times to set the rear toe at zero instead of factory recommended 0.12.

Sure enough, got new tires and new alignment. -1 for rear camber instead of -1.7 on both sides in the rear and 0.12 toe on left and 0.55 on the right. Apparently they could not do much on the right side since bolt is stripped.

What the **** is with those alignment guys?? It is really not that hard to do it once you have computerized everything, but they still manage to screw things up every single time!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

One more thing - whole last year I had strange camber numbers in the front (one side at -1.3 while the other one was at -1.9). I thought that was related to the aftermarket struts, so I sent them back to fix that. Well, after alignment today with OEM struts in the front, they came to -1.9 and -2.6.

Nothing seem to be bent there, so I am thinking that perhaps whole rack might have moved to the right side and affected both camber numbers. Castor is the same on both sides at 3.9.

How possible it would be to have rack slightly offset to one side? If so, is it difficult to push back? Loosen those 4 bolts and pry it to the left?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you try to loosen the cradle bolts and try shifting it over. there is not a lot of room to do it but you can get a couple tenths that way. but yes just push the cradle over with a pry bar when they are a little loose
Old Feb 24, 2018, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mantella
did you try to loosen the cradle bolts and try shifting it over. there is not a lot of room to do it but you can get a couple tenths that way. but yes just push the cradle over with a pry bar when they are a little loose
That will be the first thing to try. Since I have more camber on one side and less on the other, it just makes sense that subframe has moved to the side with more camber. If I had something bent (like one of the control arms), camber would drop and probably affected caster as well.

Nothing else makes sense to me...
Old Feb 25, 2018, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can also try to shift for more caster also i believe forward but my mind is dead right now. next time i align one i can see how much change is there just to have it noted.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I know this is a long shot, but is anyone here attending the Solo Nationals this year in a B Street Evo X?

I really want to attend but am currently not in a situation to drive or tow mine all the way to Lincoln .
Old Sep 10, 2018, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Back from my first nationals ever. Fun stuff! Had a pleasure of meeting Suraj (DaWorstPlaya on this forum). Got lots of tips and advices from him too...

As to my performance... err not relevant to this forum . Jumping into a car that is completely different from mine, with zero RWD experience, at nationals none the less.... who'd have guessed I would do badly?

Could I have trophied in BS with my Evo X? Maybe. Locally (and also at the Finger Lakes Tour) I have been just a tick slower than Don Austin's raw times (7th in FS); which means I could have possibly been a trophy fodder.

That said, the results speak pretty clearly that the Evo (or any other AWD car for that matter) had no chance against the 1M/M2's and the Caymans. It will however be much more at home next year in DS with the RS, STi and the CTR. I am already looking forward to it

Results here

Last edited by Prime12; Sep 10, 2018 at 06:20 AM.