Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Autocross Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 03:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by kikiturbo
?

http://www.carbotech-europe.com/

they even make them in UK with US sourced materials, even do custom pads on request.
sorry sorry, reading and typing haha. Please ignore the cant get them in europe bit

Thats todays dictation done

Im not sure who the nz supplier is for carbotech but they arent very common here.

We generally see: Pagid, Endless, Hawk, Brembo, Ferodo in use here.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See my brake pads for sale thread. I have a set of PFC01 front new and many used sets. I ran these in autox for many years with great success.

LMK
Shoe
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im probably going with the new DBA XP650 for autox
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
So far I have used OEM and than switched to DS2500. Lots of people say those are the same pads and I believe it - to close to see any difference between those.

Next pads were AX6 and those were the pads with most bite I have seen from any pads I have used so far. In fact, it was overwhelming street tires on my B-Street cars that would act as ON-OFF switch without much of chance for any modulation staring after half of the first run. Perhaps on STU car that would have better suspension, they might work better. If you want to have mine that have very little wear, let me know.
AX6es were also horrible on the street and made so much noise that I had to stop using them. And, they were bedded in following the proper procedure too. Dust was also extraordinary, but that part didn't bother me much.

Switched to Porterfield R4S and they are pretty close to DS2500 stopping power wise, but seem a bit more linear and easier to modulate. I like them more than Ferodo's and I will probably stay with them next time as well.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i used the xp 12 front and the xp10 rear and it worked great. last year i went st43 for autocross because they where free and they worked great aswell. I tried alot of other pads but never was happy with them. but I have yet to try the ax6 pads.
The rotors by the way will hate life tho with st43 or xp series pads which is expected.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MrAWD sent me a used set of Carbotech AX6 fronts to try out. Amazing pad that warms up really quick and bights HARD. Not a hell of a lot of noise, but they dust... a lot. And, they start dusting almost immediately. Good luck to try and keep your wheels clean. lol The rotors turned a nice purpleish/blue only after 2 back to back runs, but car sat for a while before first runs and it was freezing out. Didn't help that I went ham from the get go. Ran my stock Evo X rear pads. The combo work really well.
Old May 22, 2018, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have Carbotech XP10's on my car. I've had the same set on my car for 5 years, so i'm not that hard on them. I race in Hill Climbs and Street Sprints. The pads still look like new. However, because I drive my car to events, I want to get rid of them as the noise on the street has now become unbearable. After an event and they have been abused, they are good on the street for alittle while, then all hell breaks loose with the noise.

DBA XP650's were mentioned, and have been recommended to me, any feedback on those?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Bumping this back up as I'm prepping for Nats....

Carbotech AX6 pads are too much pad for street tires on asphalt. The only place where the brakes worked very well was Pocono infield. The grip there is phenomenal. They might work on concrete, but I have no experience. The pads overwhelm the tires the instant you apply any brake pressure. Very difficult to drive let alone modulate and trail brake.

I'll be picking up another set of pads, not sure what yet, to bring with me to Nats. I'll be testing both sets on the practice course and decide from there what to run during competition.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I am still pretty happy with R4Ses. I guess, if I wanted to be really picky, I wouldn't mind slightly more bite here and there. Overall, taking in all the good things they bring, not a bad choice at all.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

I took a run in an STI that had project MU 800 pads all around. Absolutely wonderful brake feel. But, I can't seem to find them for sale for Evo's??
Old Aug 9, 2018, 09:47 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I really like the racing brake XT910's on my car.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 09:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
How does the XT910 noise compare to the ST43?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 09:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Construct
How does the XT910 noise compare to the ST43?
Very docile. Still some noise, but nowhere near the freight train levels of the ST43's
Old Aug 10, 2018, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone

Ever ran the XT960's for comparison?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 07:06 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by BigT
Ever ran the XT960's for comparison?
No, I've been waiting for my ST43's to wear out. But they're still going strong after 10 track days lol. I use the XT910 as my street/autocross pad.

Quick Reply: Autocross Brake Pads